Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 20:01

Plan: NeanderThin, Atkins mix
Stats: 131/127/127 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default LC, Skin, and PCOS

I was wondering if anyone has seen improved PCOS caused skin conditions with LC diet? Ex. improved dark spots, acne, skin tags, hirsutism.

Secondly, what is your regimine of moisturizing? What do you find works for keeping away wrinkles and acne at the same time? I have yet to find a combination of products that I really like.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 21:21

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 138/115/115 Female 64 inches
BF:
Default shazzer

hi,
i'm moving to cols! as far as your question. i am 36 and have no wrinkles. i did and they all went away. with flax and salmon and eggs and green veggies. go figure. i used to use tons of products and now use nothing....amazing what nutrition can do. anyway, maybe we can hook up! you're doing great. i need to restart once i get settled. i'm too stressed to fell the exhaustion of induction right now...take care, kay
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 17:47

Plan: NeanderThin, Atkins mix
Stats: 131/127/127 Female 64
BF:

Kay,
Thanks for the reply. I'm a little worried about my skin because I can see faint lines and still get occasional breakouts. Anyway, maybe all will go away in time with this new diet.

It would be great to know someone in this area. I hope the move goes well for you.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 20:42

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 138/115/115 Female 64 inches
BF:

hi,
i tried to send you a privarte message but it didnt work. anyway, we have alot in common. i have had someof hte same problems in the past and they went away eating lc and eating flax. that was about 4-5 yrs ago and had no idea i was lcarb...i just started listening to my body and i quit eatin bread and started eating salmon and it turned out lcrb and i didn evenknow it. i would go to chipoltles ( god i miss that!) and get the fajita burrito and eat all but the tortilla because bread made me bloated. and extra guacamole!! and the weird thing was ( i was already thin...about 118 and size 4) and only lost about 4 pounds but was swimming in all my clothes. my ex husband and i could not figure it out?? went down to a very loose size 2. i also walked about 3 miles every day rain or shine....anyway, im fat now and feel yukky so want to get back to that way of feeling...i felt great. periods were a breeze..no PMS...try to send me a pm and see if i can retrn it...and i will giv eyou my number...dont worry , you will start to feel good ( and look good soon) and my skin was really healthy looking. i am 36 and i have never been guessed even 30. it really does work...let me know how to reach you. what part of cols do you live in? i was in old worthington and then dublin and now will be in upper arlington ( by the wild oats)...take care, i DONT want to make this drive.....YUK!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 17:23

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Here is some information regarding ACNE...from a PCOS site... Hope it helps...

http://www.soulcysters.net/showthre...&threadid=54219

TJ