Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 08:49
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Arrow Carbohydrate Addicts Diet - Please post your views!

Hi, i was thinking about following the carbohydrate addict's diet for a while. I like the idea of not being confined to eating low carb all day, at least i can have a mcdonalds now and again at dinner time

I just really wanted lots of feedback. I want people's stories, and ideas about the diet, and how it has worked for you. I know the weightloss is small and gradual, but i need some motivation. So i'd really appreciate it if everyone would post their "carbohydrate addict stories"

Thankyou ever so much!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 08:52
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Welcome aboard ironlung,

I haven't followed the CAD/CALP plan, but I'm sure others who did will respond. Just wanted to say hi

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 09:02

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default I loved it!!!

Hi,

I started out on the CAD for the same reasons as you have. I didn't have much success with previous "strict" diets so I gave it a try. I LOVED IT and I successfully lost 20 lbs on it. I do have to be honest in that I've falled off the waggon because of a recent move and haven't gone back on it HOWEVER I can tell you that even though I've fallen off the waggon, I haven't gained any weight. My opinion on the diet is that it's a good one to start off on. If it's not enough or you feel that you can venture deeper into the Low Carb Way of Life then maybe the next best step would be Protein Power... after that if you want to really make Low Carb strict (I find it very strict) you could go the Atkins. Alot of people are on Atkins... I find it too strict for me but that's just my opinion.

So that was my 2 cents worth

#4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 09:14
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Tamarian, thankyou for the warm welcome

Gracia, thanks for taking the time to offer me some advice. I'm only hoping to lose around 6 pounds, i've got a lot of puppy fat developing in places and it annoys me a bit. The fact that you can come off the diet and not gain weight back sounds appealing too, although i would try and come off it steadily to make sure i don't gain, if i did want to come off it.

I just cannot stick to low cal diets at all. I get up every day and say "right, i'm not gong to go over 1400 cals today." I also plan my eating times, which makes me bored waiting for my next eating time. This of course, leads to an empty packet of biscuits brought on by the carbs in the bread i've just eaten. I think i'm a severe carb addict myself. If i eat something with carbs in, i just can't stop until i'm bloated.

Looking forward to hearing more stories!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 10:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

I tried CAD briefly, when I got bored with Atkins a couple of years ago (before this board, all the good advice, and all the yummy new low carb recipies!!!). I didn't lose any weight; and also, I found it too difficult to control the amounts and portions of the Reward Meal (oh, an hour and five minutes won't hurt .... my salad had hardly any carbs, I can go over by ten minutes .....). Also, I found the timing of my Reward Meal bouncing all over the place - one day lunch, the next dinner. I found that CAD was just too easy to fall away from.

Having said that, it's very much a 'your mileage may vary' thing. I have a couple of friends who have both lost weight on CAD and love it.

I suppose the best thing to do is jump in, try it, and see how you like it! If it doesn't work for you, you can always try something else. As Gracia says, Protein Power might be a good second choice, as it's more lenient than Atkins, at least in the initial stages.

Rachel
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 18:09
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thanks for sharing! Anyone else tried it, or know anyone who's tried it? I'm hoping to start monday, so any advice is much appriciated!