Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Karen's Corner
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-05, 17:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/155/145 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress:
Default You Look Great!!

Hi Karen,
Huge Kudo's to you...I just saw your appearance last night on a Home Show, and you look simply fantastic!!

I had abandoned the low carb program (need to lose 20-30 lbs) after trying it the second time for a silly 3 days, with no results and huge cravings. Seeing what you have accomplished, and viewing your fantastic looking lasagna recipe has given me the oomph to try once again (for real this time!). Your latest low carb cookbook looks the best yet, and I am walking up to Davie St. Book WareHouse today to purchase it and get with the program again(grrr...they better have it in stock)!!

One request, you must put your lasagna recipe online...it will convince the naysayers that there IS comfort food fun in low carb! Oh, and another very simple request. I just finished Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential, and, um, is it really quite that ugly? I think Anthony may have dug his own grave in more than a few of the circumstances he described. You should write a book on this topic...as a woman, would probably be waaaay more true to life
Your online friend,
Rose
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 01:50
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I just finished Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential, and, um, is it really quite that ugly?
In the '80's, yes. Now, no; or at least not with any of the people I know now. Drugs and alcohol make people behave rather strangely.

Quote:
One request, you must put your lasagna recipe online...it will convince the naysayers that there IS comfort food fun in low carb!
If your friends are naysayers, make it for them!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 21:11

Plan: Atkins, South Beach
Stats: 167/142/132 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 71%
Thumbs up Look at you!

Karen, I met you at a class you gave in Oak Bay (Victoria) in a small kitchen shop that should never have closed its doors. That was obviously the Before Karen. Saw you in a rerun, I guess, with Lynda Reeves, and marvelled at how svelte you look. You're a Babe! Way to go. Be proud of yourself. Loved your hair, too. I'm betting you even had your toenails painted.

Keep it up. Love your recipes, and have been "devouring" the Low Carb Cookbook, bit by bit, recipe by recipe.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 00:52
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
I'm betting you even had your toenails painted.
Yeah, but they're a little chipped now. That was in October!

I wondered whatever happened to that store. I haven't thought about it in quite a while.

I've taught a few classes at Engeler Farm in Cobble Hill over the past couple of years. The owner moved the operation to Fairburn Farm - where they raise water buffalo - so I'll probably teaching there.

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-05, 21:51

Plan: Atkins, South Beach
Stats: 167/142/132 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 71%

Would you keep us posted where you are teaching, please. I could do Fairburn Farm, if I knew when you are coming. Sounds great. I will be there with a group, so it would be worth knowing ahead of time!!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 11:14
Forum Founder

BF:

Nothing is planned for this year yet, but something may happen in the fall.

Karen