Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-08, 18:44

Plan: low carb
Stats: 160/131.8/116 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Nutrisystem? please respond.

please give me your pro's and cons. I may need to try something different to shake up my stall, and was needing feedback.

thanks for your help!

msalicia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-08, 05:20

Plan: LC/IF
Stats: 180/173.8/150 Female 5'9"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 21%

My husband works with a guy who's wife did Nutrisystem and did lose weight, however, when she went off of it, she gained the weight back. Of course! Any temporary diet like that will only work short term. Nutrisystem is basically freeze dried food - I can imagine that it's full of preservatives, chemicals and sodium. This is NOT something that you want to put into your body and have to eat long term in order to maintain any results! A whole foods, low carb, high fat way of eating is the way to go and the way to stick to. Low carbing should be a way of life, not a temporary diet.

Stalls are a normal occurrence and the reason for them can be that your body is taking some time to adjust to the weight loss. If you stick with it, you will start to lose again. There can be so many reasons for stalls, some of which can be that you may not be getting enough fat in your diet, are eating too much artificial sweeteners, are eating processed low carb foods such as shakes and bars - the list goes on. Don't give up - low carbing works for weight loss, sure, but perhaps more importantly, it has many wonderful health benefits that make it worth sticking with it for life!

Hope this has been helpful.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-08, 15:42

Plan: low carb
Stats: 160/131.8/116 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 64%

you are more then helpful! thanks for the feedback.

alicia