Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-06-06, 12:07

Plan: food combining
Stats: 182/150/131 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein??

Hi everyone, I'm new and hoping to be starting to food combine as of monday morning!

I've read most of it, and just have the one question at the moment.

It says not to have 2 proteins together, such as ham and eggs for example, but can you have 2 different sorts of cheese together, or 2 sorts of ham, as a cold platter, for example.

I live in a boarding school, so have to eat more or less what i'm given, and in the evening there is a cheeseboard AND a mixed cold meat platter. So obviously, for a protein meal, I was hoping I could choose one or other of these.

Also, do you drink coffee and tea?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-06-06, 13:18
Got another Harley

Plan: LOW CARB
Stats: 300/165/135 Female 5"04"
BF:44/29/21
Progress: 82%

honey you can eat all the meat and cheese and eggs you want 24/7 and loose weight, I am living proof of that.......
you eat all you want from the protien tray, and as much as you want...

I stay under 20 grams of carbs a day most days. I have the stuff I count, but I like to keep it simple and just eat a lot of meat, cheese, eggs, broiled chicken and fish all with very few carbs. It is just easy for me to stay away from the carbs period... I only eat green veggies, a few time a week, like a half a cup but i don't weigh it i am just guessing, a small amount would better describe it. never eat anything thing white or yellow, no fruit, no sugar, no bread, but every now and then i will have a slice of low carb bread with 5 carbs. i have lost about 135 pounds so what i am doing is working well. every once in a while I WILL have a SLICE OF PIZZA, or PASTA, or even a few french fries, but never in the almost year i have done this have i had any refined sugar or candy, that is what i love about this, i have NO CRAVINGS FOR SWEETS.... it is totally amazing... i am looking at choc covered cupcakes the girls left up here on the table at work and they don't even temp me but i could used to eat 5 of them, then get sick because they were so rich. same with ice cream it makes me sick, but a bag of M&M's I could eat a whole pound bag.... but that was then and this is now and they have all that stuff in sugar free now, and I will pick up a package every now and then, but not a habit of it because the sugar alcohol gives me tummy problems.....if you know what I mean..... I do enjoy an ultra light michlob beerb beer, I have had my low carb beer from day one.... I love my two beers at night...relaxlaxe and sleep so good....

#3   ^
Old Sun, May-07-06, 03:04

Plan: food combining
Stats: 182/150/131 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

ta. So are you properly food combining? If I do eat carbs, it'll be at lunch time, when I have my main meal, and loads of salad now the weather's nice too. And fruit for breakfast. I guess that'd be ok!