Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-15, 10:54

Plan: <30 Net Carbs
Stats: 270/210/130 Female 5'4"
BF:51/45/ ???
Progress: 43%
Default I'm new & I qualify...

Hi everyone!

I've been poking around this subforum during my lunch hour, and it's good to see so many people doing so well!

I've been up and down the scale, but went from a a few lbs shy of my weight is now down to 130 several years ago, and maintained it for just under 5 years. Then a whole bunch of life happened, and I turned around a few years later to find myself at 320. I lost 90-ish lbs, then more life happened and I lost focus.

Life's busy but more routine now, and I realized I can either bounce up and down the same 20 lbs for a few more years, see 320 again (or pass it), or see 130 again. Since I prefer the 3rd option, here I am!

I'm on Day 14 of Atkins Induction (YAY!), and am starting to feel better all the time. I don't really want to change a heck of a lot, and by reading some LC/keto recipe sites, I've found I have a whole lot more territory to explore with just the induction foods. That's good to know.

I figured I'd do an intro so I actually have to keep showing up no matter what...

Here's to reaching our goals!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-15, 13:44

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 332/282/250 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 61%

Welcome! I'm new myself, with a fairly similar story to yours. Congratulations on your weight loss so far.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-15, 14:03
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Welcome to both of you. Yes - we TDCer's do usually do have a lot in common. We have the same problems and the same struggles. We also have a long road ahead of us to reach our goals. That may sound bad -- but if you look at it from the positive angle - we will get lots of practice in on the way to goal and when we get there we will already know what we need to do to keep the weight off. You joined a great site for help and support. I've come a long way and I credit the info and encouragement I've received on this forum as a big part of my success so far.

I recommend that you both start a journal (see link on the main forum page) and visit it regularly. I didn't actually start mine until I was 6 months in -- but I've found it to be so beneficial. I wish I'd started it from the beginning. It is a place to jot down what you are doing, paste in your favorite links and recipes, and most importantly - it gives a place for the friends you make here to stop by, say hello, and provide support.

Best wishes to you both. Stick around, through thick and thin, and we will all try and keep each other on track to get where we want to be.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-15, 14:07

Plan: <30 Net Carbs
Stats: 270/210/130 Female 5'4"
BF:51/45/ ???
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
W

I recommend that you both start a journal (see link on the main forum page) and visit it regularly. I didn't actually start mine until I was 6 months in -- but I've found it to be so beneficial. I wish I'd started it from the beginning. It is a place to jot down what you are doing, paste in your favorite links and recipes, and most importantly - it gives a place for the friends you make here to stop by, say hello, and provide support.

Best wishes to you both. Stick around, through thick and thin, and we will all try and keep each other on track to get where we want to be.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll get one going. It's so nice to have others walk the path before me!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-15, 17:13

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

Welcome and best wishes on your WOE.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-15-15, 09:30

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

Welcome !
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-15, 13:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 350/338/275 Female 58
BF:
Progress: 16%

I'm new to this forum but not to low carb...I have been low carving for awhile. I do well, lose few lbs then go out of town and gain them back ...going on a trip Tuesday and I am nervous. I hope by joining this forum, it might give me the boost I need.