Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 10:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/166/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Angry #$~^*()^$!!!!! COWORKERS!

I'm so mad right now, I need to vent! I work in a research lab at a large university and I work with a lot of students. Everyday I bring two eggs to work with me and scramble them in the microwave. Yesterday I didn't eat my eggs, so I went to make them for breakfast today and ONE WAS GONE!! Normally, this wouldn't make me so mad, but when you LC, you can't just grab anything to eat and I'm so pissed that my food was taken. This has happened in the past, so I guess I'm now forced to actually mark each individual egg with my name.

Additionally, as I was scrambling my eggs in the microwave at work the other day, a coworker came up to me (keep in mind this man is really heavy) and said "you're not eating real eggs, are you? Those things will kill you." I replied very calmly and said "Oh really, I've lost 7lbs eating eggs"...I think I shut him up!

OK, I just had to get that off my chest. I'm so mad my eggs were stolen....GRRRRRRRR!

Michelle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 12:02

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 205/199/140
BF:
Progress: 9%

My co-workers steal food from each other also. It is a horrible thing to do but que sera, sera. I have now been marking my food with my name and also tagging it with little notes that say things like "POISON" or "I HAVE SLOBBERED ALL OVER THIS " My food hasn't been touched again.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 12:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 193/183/120
BF:
Progress: 14%

When this happens at work, I try to look at , maybe they did not have any food at home and were really hungry and needed it worse then me. (Now we know this probably is not the case so I like the last idea better, sign poisen and slobbers.)

#4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 14:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hey michelle

This is the perfect place to vent, I think all of us have a tendency to be protective of the food we can have...lol well I sure am. If I were U i would put them or anything else in a container with your name marked on it..that may help. As for the guy telling U eggs will kill U...was he eating a donut at the time? LOL
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 15:20

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%

Chocolate muffins with X-Lax.

Make them and leave them for all to enjoy.......believe me you will enjoy the outcome..

Cindy
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 17:00
Registered Member

Stats: 170/166/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Thanks!

Thanks for all of your sneaky ideas..LOL! I should make up some chocolate muffins with ex-lax for the nasty coworker who told me eggs would kill me (yes, I think he was munching on a donut at the time).

Thanks again, I love this forum.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 18:10

Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

what a riot... while it is not funny.. it is funny... people stealing food.. I love your idea Usedtob140.... writing on your food.. hysterical... I am sorry to hear about your egg theif... that must have been a bummer.. to reach for your egg.. you had PLANNED to eat.. and have it be missing... it might almost cause one to panic.. being hungry.. and now what do you eat?

Ramona
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 19:27

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

We have fridge thieves at work too. I've never been able to figure if they are just rude, or, like someone else mentioned, so financially strapped that it was a necessity.

I've solved my problem by bringing my goodies in an insulated lunch bag that holds a small freezer pack. It keeps the goodies safely cold, and I can keep my lunch pouch at my desk.

Now if we can only do something about the slobs that mess up the inside of the microwave and don't clean up after themselves.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 23:36

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 244/224/130 Female 5' 3" (should be 6'3")LOL
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default My husband

had a co-worker who liked to steal food. My husband would love to have subs. He would buy one on the way to work and put it in the fridge. So one day my hubby and another guy thought they would fix his little red wagon. So they dumped a whole bunch of Tobasco sauce all over the sub. The guy actually ate it ...... I guess he spent all afternoon in the john...ha,ha.......