Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 15:11

Plan: cut out carbs
Stats: 299.2/205.5/168 Female 173cm
BF:41%
Progress: 71%
Default Pcos- Spots

altho i hav pcos spots hav been a smal prob and not very comon just once in a while wud get the odd one pop up around my period, but now there almost all the time just 2 or 3 on my for head, but there not ya usual ones with heads, they start off as bumps quite big, and hard n red, then they get a smal kinda head and wat seems to cum out is just water and then it scabs and after a few weeks is gone but leaves a smal scar is this acne spots known to cum up with pcos?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 23:58
Registered Member

Plan: sugar busters
Stats: 128/128/122 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:

A lot of PCOS suffer from acne...and some lucky ones dont...some severe and some not so bad. I had sevedre acne when i had too much dairy. My skin got a lot better once igave that up...but since i still eat bad and smoke (just quit two days ago) my skin has broken out quite a bit...but no where as bad as it was when i was eating dairy...i still have scars all over my face though bc they freaking take forever to heal...like a month or more!!!! In fact if they would just heal my face would look completly clear except for like 3 spots.....but the scars last forever
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 14:18

but is wat im geitn acne?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 12:37

i found the best soulution to spots try freederm gel i havent had any sign of a spot since i started usin it only used once a day
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 13:54

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%

what you described is whats called cycstic acne ( its like a little cyst under the skin) glad you found something that worked. As hard as it is dont mess around with them. Use something with benzoyle peroxide in it to attack under the skin. But trying to "pop" them will leave deep pock marks on your skin. better to suffer through a week or so with a zit than have a deep scar that last forever ya know.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 13:56

yeh i do hav a few scars on forhead but i think with a little hope they are fadin