Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 10:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/199/160
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Market Research

Hi Guys,

I am drafting a business plan for a Low carb retail shop/website in Ireland, because like most of you I cannot find real low carb products here, and ordering them abroad (even the UK) is way out of my price range. I would need some feedback from you on :
- if you'd buy anything, and if yes the top products you would like to get your hands-on
- if you know anybody else who would be interested
- if you'd rather shop in a store or on a web site (with local shipping charges!).

I am really serious about this and have already started market reseach in the Dublin area. If you want to contact me directly about this or send a mail rather than post please e-mail *********

Mediator, if this is not an appropriate mail for the chat room, I apologise I do not intend to break any rules, I just want the opinion of the people that matter.

Last edited by Rosebud : Sat, Sep-27-03 at 20:34. Reason: Removal of email address. (Against forum rules to post email addresses)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 15:11

Stats: 210/210/150 Female 5feet and  5 1/2 in
BF:47%
Progress: 0%

Ah, you know, I'm new at this. Only on the diet for three days.

Best place to ask and post a question would be this website.
www.p45rant.com
Quite a few people are trying this diet and maybe they can tell you. It's the largest Irish forum around.

I happened to mention this diet yesterday on my second day and I was surprised to get three private messages stating that they were on it. I'd never even HEARD of it. Maybe you can get some feedback there.

Also, you know how demographics are. In Dublin, you'd probably do grand. In the midlands I think you'd not make it.

I have a friend who opened a health food store recently in Co. Westmeath and is almost bankrupt.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 08:09

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

There is def a demand for that type of business. Contact www.pcosireland.com and you'll get loads of people there who would be interested for sure. Atkins is starting to become publicised also.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 05:20

Stats: 168/154/126 Female 5"6
BF:
Progress:
Talking What a great idea

I think that would be a really great idea to give us irish the low carb choice. I, myslef anyway would like a low carb shop, i would definately fork out the money and travel a distance to buy these products.

Please keep me posted if you are to start up something....

xx
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 06:53

Plan: www.radiantrecovery.com
Stats: 155/152/140 Male 169cm
BF:
Progress:

Can you supply Stevia sweetener? It's natural and safe unlike aspartame or even Splenda.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 07:43

Stats: 173/161/120 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

What I'd really like to see is chocolate bars like the Atkins endulge bars which don't seem to be available here. The advantage ones are ok but I’d love just a plain chocolate bar or something like the peanut butter cups. I'd also love to see things like the Atkins bakery products such as the bagels or tortillas. Any idea when you plan on opening the shop? I for one would love to see a low carb shop and would do my weekly shopping there even if it meant going into the city centre.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 03:40

BF:
Progress:

I get those plain chocolate bars occasionally from the online shops. Be careful with them, they can have quite a laxative effect. The Carbolite plain dark chocolate and the Belarte white chocolate ones were okay and tasty I found. The cavalier praline bars though had me on the toilet for ages after having one piece on the other hand (Sorry if that's a bit graphic for you, but I thought I should give the warning).
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 04:06

BF:

For some reason at the moment I could use something with a laxative effect if you know what I mean. Whats the best online store to use if you're getting somethins shipped to Ireland? Also I read on the uk forum that diabetic chocolate is ok to use if you're on a lc diet. Is this true? Has anyone tried the thorntons diabetic chocolate?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 04:56

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

I think lowcarbmegastore.co.uk is a good site to use. Diabetic choclate is fine for us low carbers to use yes. You can get endulge bars in Boots now.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 15:16

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%

I order my lc breakfast cereal,dark chocolate bars and keytone strips from Carblife in the U.K. and they cost me an arm and a leg but I feel it's worth it just to have a bit of variety especialy for breakfast,and yes I too would a lc. shop or even an Irish site to order from-so get cracking!!.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 03:20

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skpaddie
For some reason at the moment I could use something with a laxative effect if you know what I mean. Whats the best online store to use if you're getting somethins shipped to Ireland? Also I read on the uk forum that diabetic chocolate is ok to use if you're on a lc diet. Is this true? Has anyone tried the thorntons diabetic chocolate?

If you're constipated you need to eat more vegetables. Laxative effect is not what you want.

And yeah diabetic chocolate is identical to atkin's indulge chocolate or whatever.

Where can you get thorntons diabetic chocolate?
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 04:27

BF:

I've seen it in the little thorntons shop in the jervis centre. Never tried it though.