Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-13, 11:23

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%
Default The Stress Eating Cure

Anyone reading and following the Hellers latest book?

I noticed that nuts are ok?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-13, 18:34

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Hi SummerSlim,
I've been following the SEC since day one. Though, I haven't read the book in about 6 months so I don't recall about the nuts. I don't remember reading if they are o.k. for CMs but maybe I'm wrong? I just know that adding nuts to my CMs won't work for me, especially peanuts and cashews, which I guess aren't technically nuts, but I can also get crazy with a bag of macadamia nuts too so I choose to limit those to my RM.
Ask MakeItWork, in the daily thread, I think she read the book most recently.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-13, 21:30

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders
Hi SummerSlim,
I've been following the SEC since day one. Though, I haven't read the book in about 6 months so I don't recall about the nuts. I don't remember reading if they are o.k. for CMs but maybe I'm wrong? I just know that adding nuts to my CMs won't work for me, especially peanuts and cashews, which I guess aren't technically nuts, but I can also get crazy with a bag of macadamia nuts too so I choose to limit those to my RM.
Ask MakeItWork, in the daily thread, I think she read the book most recently.

Hello - nuts get me "nuts" with things as well....eat waaay too many of them once I start. Marcona almonds and macadamias...love them too much.

My question for you is how is the SEC plan working for you? Have you had good luck with it? This is the first I've heard of the book - I am about to read CALP and would like to read this as well. I have the CAD book which I read a long time ago.
-Kat
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-13, 21:07

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mviesprite
Hello - nuts get me "nuts" with things as well....eat waaay too many of them once I start. Marcona almonds and macadamias...love them too much.

My question for you is how is the SEC plan working for you? Have you had good luck with it? This is the first I've heard of the book - I am about to read CALP and would like to read this as well. I have the CAD book which I read a long time ago.
-Kat

Hi Kat! I love the SEC plan. So, far I've lost 19 lbs since January. Not a lot for 9 months but I'll take it. It took a couple days to adjust my RM to breakfast but I really like it now and get irritated if I have to switch up my RM to later in the day. SEC is the Heller's most recent book. So, some of their ideas have changed since CALP. For example, you don't have to balance your meal into 1/3 portions (carbs, veggie, protein) like you do with CALP, IF you eat your RM in the morning. It's a bit less restrictive too (doesn't even mention the hour time limit). But it's definitely, worth a shot to see if it works for you.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-14, 13:09

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hey all I am still here too! I mainly do my RM for breakfast. Have lost another 4 pounds or so since I started it back late July. I was simultaneously experimenting with high-calorie weight loss but found it finally caught up with me (was eating 3000-4000 calories a day!) so now I am experimenting with going back down to where I start losing again.

Hubby wants me to eat dinner with him so last night I did my RM for dinner and it was an early dinner from 3:30-4:30pm and it sat on my stomach all night and was horrible! So today I am right back to eating my large meal for breakfast! LOL

We only have 2 days off a week together so I should be able to swing that.

MIW