Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 08:54

Plan: Own Plan w/ Atkins & WW Tips
Stats: 127/122/115 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Induction-Atkins Creamy Cinnamon Bun Bar

I discovered the new/improved Atkins "Creamy Cinnamon Bun" bar sold at Giant Grocery Store. At the Atkins Center Website these are listed as okay for Induction level, but I wanted to run it by the forum to see if there is any feedback before I make a purchase.

Anybody notice any stalls with this bar? It's called The Morning Start Breakfast Bar and looks good. They are only 2 Net Carbs and made with Sucralose Splenda. (they are only sold in a box, not individually it seems)

(Note: It does contain Glycerin which has been know to cause stalls for some but is supposed to have a minimal impact on blood sugar)

Was wondering if this bar is legal along with the Atkins Advantage during Induction??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 09:24
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hmmm - interesting that the site said it was ok for induction. It was always my understanding that it is best to stick with "real" food during induction. I guess it's your call.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 10:24
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/185/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 55%

According to the Atkins website store .... ALL of the breakfast bar products have been discontinued, including the Creamy Cinnamon Bun ones ...

http://atkinscenter.com/shop/produc...kfast_Bars.html

http://atkinscenter.com/shop/produc...kfast_Bars.html

They don't say why .. it could be just a matter of marketing, if the bars didn't sell very well.

I did notice that they provide only 13g protein and 160 calories per bar. That's definitely not sufficient to have as the only thing for breakfast. Maybe as a mid-morning snack after having something more substantial and a little higher FAT to start the day right.

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 11:22

BF:
Default Doreen-Creamy Cinn Bun Bars

Thnx for your reply Doreen.

Yes, I also noticed the Atkins website said discontinued.
I noticed that the box on the website (which I am familiar w/ from yrs back) and the box I saw today in Giant is totally different which made me think perhaps that type on the website was discont'd bc they came out with an improved version. I do know that Giant did not carry these previously....so I am unsure myself. In comparing ingredients it seems to be the same as Advantage.

However....I do know if I want to continue w/ my good results that I should leave the bars alone & get over the thoughts of a treat.

-Tina
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 19:05

Stats: 144/144/120 Female 5feet 4inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I saw these at a vitamin store at the mall- I was thinking of getting some because I am having trouble finding something for breakfast In the beginning eggs were fine but now I can't always stomach them. I'm also on induction and may try them out.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 06:17

BF:
Default YoungDor - Resist the Cinn Bun

Hi YoungDor, thnx for the reply.

I know food results vary per individual, so your body may react differently than mine did, but I thought I'd share my exp of the inability to resist that Creamy Cinn Bun bar......

I was in a stall, and thanks to this forum it was brought to my attn you can not have Atkins Endulge bars during Induction. After cutting these out the very next day I dropped a lb and so on and was no longer in a stall.

My sugar cravings were under control THEN I stumble across these new Cinn Bun bars. I ate ONE bar yday, my carbs were good at 15, and my calories around 1500, ate only Induction foods except for that bar. sure enough, I get on the scale today and no weight loss. I did not gain, but I did not lose and I Know it's due to the bar.

So, for me, I know now I def cannot have bars during induction to continue losing. Like I said, u may have a different result, but I didn't want to lead you astray w/ this bar. So that I would not sabatage my efforts I got rid of the box. No more bars!

Now I did have an Atkins Shake w/ my breakfast this morning and other than that I am resisting all sugar (w/ exception of some splenda here and there), but I am told a shake is legal on Induction (not more than 1 per day). but I am even limiting the shakes b/c I'm determined to kick the sugar habit. I noticed right away w/out sugar my appetite was decreasing.

Size 4 blue jeans, here I come!!

Write me back and let me know how you're doing....
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 17:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/188/150 Female 65.5
BF:
Progress: 64%
Smile new morning start bars

I emailed the atkins people and they said the new morning start bars will be available on line and in the catalog around april 28th. there are many flavors: apple crisp, choc chip crunch, blueberry muffin, strawberry crisp, creamy cinnamon bun, and a double choc one. Price will be 6.99 for a box of 5. I have tried all but the strawberry and double choc one and they all were delicious. I found them at my local GNC for 6.99 to 7.99 per box. I will eat one on the way to work, but then I am looking for something to eat 2 hours later.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 23:36

Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

Mfo - i don't argue that these bars cause stalls in some people, but just because you didn't lose weight from one day to the next, doesn't necessarily mean that it was the bars. Technically i think that a stall is not losing weight for 4 weeks or more... just so you don't unneccesarily cut out a lot of foods from your diet, because you aren't losing a specific amount of weight every day... good luck!! (i think most of those bars taste like sawdust anyways )
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 11:59

BF:
Default Good Point

Faeriegirl, You make a good point.
Pinpointing my"bad" foods have really been a challenge for me. It just seems like ea time I start losing again it's when I cut out all the bars, and as soon as I eat one again I don't lose. And you are right; a while back I thought all of those bars were grose too, but today they are doing a great job disguising that sawdust flavor. Some of these are actually so good they taste like the real thing!