Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-17, 07:07

Plan: Keto
Stats: 261/239/199 Female 5'10"
BF:Too much
Progress: 35%
Cool Hello!

I have been lurking around for almost a year now and finally decided to sign up so I can actually get some of the recipes
I'm (actually we) following the Ketogenic diet but fell off the wagon during christmas (which lasted almost 6 weeks ). However, after gaining weight back, hurting all over from that sugar inflammation, no energy, CONSTANT hunger (!) etc. we (hubby (51) and I (49))decided it's really not about the weight loss anymore. We want to feel good and to be able to perform in our physical jobs. We couldn't believe how bad all that sugar and carbs made us feel until we experienced it! So, back on beloved Keto and my body is already thanking me. I feel sooooo much better! Anyway, thank you all so much for this awesome forum!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-17, 09:20

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome

If you have been lurking for a year and already been doing Keto, just let us know how else we can help you. Signing up has also opened some new sections to you, like the journals. They can be a tremendous help if you follow a few of the sucess stories here.
All the best,
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-17, 16:36

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

Good job! I gave myself a 'slide' over Christmas - you are not kidding how BAD the sugar and carbs make you feel! It makes me realize how much closer to an addiction than just loss of willpower those foods are. They really may BE an addiction for me - I'm not sure. I just know I'm not weak willed, unless it's in the food arena. This LCHF lifestyle makes me feel better, less tired, more energized, I eat less, sleep better, am not as exhausted during the day - WHY would I stop doing it? Bad mojo food. Staying away from it is a good decision! Best of luck to you and hubby!!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-17, 19:55

Plan: Keto
Stats: 261/239/199 Female 5'10"
BF:Too much
Progress: 35%

Many thanks! Thank god I can't eat sweets anymore without "paying" for it. Makes it a bit easier to stay away....