Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-08, 01:33

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 165/165/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Need high cholesterol advice

Greetings, I've just joined. I read in the reviews of the SP cookbooks on amazon that some people seem to have their cholesterol levels go up rather seriously on the diet and they have had to remove a lot of the high cholesterol foods from the plan, which seems to be a huge part of the foods on plan to begin with. I thought the plan was to help lower those levels, among other things. Please if anyone can lend some insight or personal experience with what their cholesterol levels have done since going on the diet, I would be grateful. And greetings to all. Thanks for your help. fengshui
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-08, 02:05

Plan: '72 Atkins ROCKS! :D
Stats: 208.5/164.6/173 Female 5'10"
BF:Size: 18/10/10
Progress: 124%

Morning!

I can't get into the specifics of the Schwarzbein plan because I'm not overly familiar with every aspect of it, but I was wondering if you had seen the Heart Disease/Cholesterol section of our site here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=48 Thought it might help with some of your questions while you're waiting on a more thorough response.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-08, 03:35

BF:

Excellent, and thank you so much! I will check that out. I saw that there were several hundred posts going back some years and as I have major spinal problems and cannot sit for long it will take me a long time to weed through them looking for education, as well as to educate myself about the diet from people practicing it. In the meantime, I will for sure follow up on your suggestion. Again, my sincere thanks!

Rachel Robinowitz
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-08, 03:39

BF:

Hi again. I just peeked at the section you recommended and see that it's loaded with posts about the topic I need specifically. Gosh, this could hold some good information and advice, and I thank you again so much.

Rachel
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-09, 19:57

Plan: My own
Stats: 226/204/180 Female 65
BF:
Progress:

A good supplement for helping to control cholesterol while you get your body back in sync is red yeast rice. It helped to keep me off cholesterol drugs my doctor was threatening me with before I started this program.