Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#661   ^
Old Sat, Oct-22-11, 15:02

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Horizontal Push/Pull
i am doing a modified BGB workout...4 day split with cardio on 2 off days and total rest on one day! i will be lifting at home as usual, so everything will be modified to work for me!

here's what i did today...keep in mind i havent lifted in like...ohhhh...FOREVER....so i am starting light and working my way back up to the really heavy stuff like i LOVEEEEEEE.....

Bent over BB rows: 5x5
the first set i only had 65lbs on...it was too easy so i increased up to 85lbs for the other 4 sets of 5....85 felt awesome!

DB Rows: 3x8
all 3 sets i used 38lbs on the dumbbell...alternated arms obviously! these started out feeling pretty easy but by the 3rd set my back was burning baby!!!!! whohoooo!!!

Flat barbell bench press: 5x5
i used 85lbs for all 5 sets of 5...it was slightly challenging by the 4th set but i know i will be increasing this pretty quickly! wont be long ill be back up to 145!!!

db flyes: 3x8
15lb dumbbells in each hand...sounds light but with flyes i try to be really careful with my weight. dont wanna go too heavy and hurt myself!

overall it was a GREAT FREAKIN FIRST WORKOUT! im so proud of myself and i feel fantastic!
Sponsored Links
  #662   ^
Old Sun, Oct-23-11, 14:52

BF:

i just finished my quad dominant workout! whohoooooo!!!

here's what i did:

Squats: 5x5
keep in mind i am limited to what i can clean and press since i am working out in the kitchen...haha....and this is just my second lifting session in like foreverrrrr...so my weights are lighter than they used to be FOR NOW...
so anyway i did all 5 sets of 5 squats with 65lbs on the barbell! by the second set my quads were crying like babies!!! hahah but i toughed it out and did all 5 sets with great form!

leg extentions: 3x8
the first set of 8 was 60lbs but i felt it was a bit too easy...i added 5 more for the other 2 sets of 8 and was very pleased at the burn!

SLDL: 2x20
i used 65lbs on both sets of 20...holy momma these had my hammies SCREAMING!

bb curls: 5x5
40lbs was a bit too easy but i used it on all 5 sets of 5....felt nice but i will increase by 5lbs next time.

drag curls: 3x8
25lbs for all 3 sets of 8...these are killer!!!

all in all i am extremely pleased with this workout! WOOT! bring on the DOMS baby!
  #663   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-11, 21:07

BF:

whohoooo the workout is DONE!!!

today was Verticle Push/Pull...

unfortunately i dont own a lat machine so i am unable to do any kind of lat work on machine. im just modifying and doing the best i can with what i have!
first were
BB pulldowns: 5x5
i wasnt sure how to heavy to go with these so i went light...they were surprisingly challenging with only 30lbs on the barbell so i stuck with that for all 5 sets.

DB pullovers: 3x8
i know these are fairly similar to the bb pullovers but like i said i am lacking a machine so im just winging it until i have another option! anyhooo i used 43lb db the first set of 8 and WOW! i could feel these BIGTIME!!! i lowered the weight to 38lb db for the last 2 sets of 8 and i feel like i got a KILLER workout in my back!!

Military Presses: 5x5
started light with 55lbs on the barbell but it was too easy....i upped the weight on the next set to 70lbs and rocked it!!! man that felt great! i used the 70lbs for the third set as well but felt like i needed to lower the weight a tad for the last two sets so i used 65lbs for those. AMAZING BURN! my heart was pumping out of my chest! Whohoooooo!

i am always conscious of my shoulders ever since hurting my RC cuff back a few years ago so i like to throw in a few "prehab" exercises after my heavy shoulders...

cuban press: 2x8
started with 35lbs for the first set but it was a little bit too heavy for a prehab set. these dont need to be heavy at ALL...so i lowered to 30lbs, which felt so much easier but i still got a good burn going too!

rear delt raises: 2 drop sets of 10 and 5 with 5lbs and 7 lbs\
these went perfectly! yay!!

whohoooo just one more workout and i will have successfully completed my first full week of lifting without somehow sabotaging myself and woosing out! WOOT!
  #664   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-11, 07:16

Plan: My Own
Stats: 262/235.4/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Fan-tab-u-lous!!!!
  #665   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-11, 22:01
«º°¤§µgä&§pïcꤰº»

Plan: LC Paleo/IF
Stats: 185/161/142 Female 66 inches (5'6")
BF:All over
Progress: 56%

wow...awesome work hun!!! WTG!! You are smokin'...geez I have to get my sch#t together soon!!
  #666   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-12, 23:36
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

hi stranger...remember me? Hope you're doing well!