Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 18:09
Registered Member

Plan: ......................
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default not able to digest anything

Gosh guys I have not been doing well.I don't know whats wrong with me but I just cannot seem to get into the swing of things.My digestive problems just keep plaguing on.I can't digest meat so well and vegetables are a huge problem.I am thinking im going to have to juice them but that will mean i will be eating more carbs.I still do not like the taste of meat and im not able to digest grains very well either.I guess im sort of in a vicious cycle,I didnt do well at all last month or this one either for that matter,I lived on Indian food and lots of rice,beans and fruit.I am not well at all my stomach has broken down and just about everything i put into my mouth hurts,bananas now give me heart burn.UGH why does it have to be so hard!

My allergies
soy
eggs
dairy
peanuts,almonds,cashew,sesame
sunflower
peas
yeast
lettuce
cabbage
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 18:35

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrenae
Gosh guys I have not been doing well.I don't know whats wrong with me but I just cannot seem to get into the swing of things.My digestive problems just keep plaguing on.I can't digest meat so well and vegetables are a huge problem.I am thinking im going to have to juice them but that will mean i will be eating more carbs.I still do not like the taste of meat and im not able to digest grains very well either.I guess im sort of in a vicious cycle,I didnt do well at all last month or this one either for that matter,I lived on Indian food and lots of rice,beans and fruit.I am not well at all my stomach has broken down and just about everything i put into my mouth hurts,bananas now give me heart burn.UGH why does it have to be so hard!
Do you take enzymes with HCL with your meals? Every once in a while I have to do that or I get severe heartburn. Neither can I eat bananas or grains without getting heartburn.

Many here have found that Atkins has helped with stomach problems but I would definitely got to your HFS and get a good digestive aid.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 18:35

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

small steps...get some coconut oil and just eat 1/2 tsp at a time several times a day...mix ground meat with lots of seasonings....I like some meats cold more than hot...
if I can think of anything else I will come back
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 18:47

Plan: close to zero carbs
Stats: 225/206/210 Male 73
BF:
Progress:

I would drop all grains,beans and any starchy carb and focus on meat...and add some salad greens and sprouts.

You have to eat meat..taste preference or not. It is the supreme food for you. Eat it alone if necessary with some Pancreatin or HCL..

Try a greens drink, like Udos Beyond Greens,or Supreme Greens added to coconut milk for a super healthy meal.

Try egg yolks without the whites and see if that makes a diff..people are usually allergic to egg whites
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 18:09

Plan: na
Stats: 182/182/182 Male 6ft 2
BF:
Progress:

hi there just reading your post you talk about allergies to listed foods,its just that some off those foods can be connected to latex allergy banana is the one i am refering to as i have just found out.I use latex gloves everyday and have never had a problem eating bananas until about 5/6 yrs ago when i started getting heart burn after eating one which then progressed to stomach cramps,so i stopped eating them until i tried one last week and a major reaction itchy red throat/face and eyes light headed all happened about 30 seconds after my first bite.The reason i look on this forum is because i have rashes on parts of my body which i now think could be linked to latex. Anyway just a thought every little info helps lol.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 18:39

Plan: na
Stats: 182/182/182 Male 6ft 2
BF:
Progress:

#7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 22:57
Registered Member

Plan: ......................
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF: