Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 15:17

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Gym 1/30/02 BFL DAY 24

Wooooooeeeee! I was at the Gym at 5:00am... again still took me an hour to do my UBWO....Seems like my body is just going, going...even when I want it to just work out! Keep running to the LG room...am backing off of the psyllium caps as they are obviously overkill...The workout was great...I get near the end though and try to rush...slow down, this is for you and it's OK to take your time...then I rush when I get home to shower before the baby comes...it all works out as dear HB stands guard in case I'm not ready, when/if they come!

I am so ready to take measurements...Have to find all my pertinent calculation data to find my totals...recorded in different journals of course! I can really feel a difference though, even walking feels different...I think less of me is fighting for leg placement...you know....that...you go first, no you go first thing your legs do when you have the extra padding that prevents you from wearing corduroys...without starting a fire!!

I always joked that if my legs stopped rubbing together I'd have a PARTY

It's starting to feel like a possibility in my lifetime!...My side rolls are gone, my pajamas I have to hold on to to walk, My new skivies are starting to meet and make plans with my bra, My feet are sliding around in my new normal width shoes, my t-shirts are looking a little too much like an attempt at wearing a dress! I am actually able to see room on my car seat and not have to guess where the seat belt is, I can see it! Just little observations that keep coming up...I will definately need some more clothes, just wonder how long I can hold out! I am cold in my good polartech coat because there is so much room around me inside of it!

Just gotta keep remembering it's not an alien invasion, it's just me only less...or as Dani said the new leaner version!

B
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 15:14

BF:
Default Gym 1/31 BFL Day 25

BFL DAY 25...1/31/02

20 MAS Cardio...pm unfortunately...still rocked though and I was never more happy to get my 20+ minutes in and move on to the ABs....Vacuums, modified crunch, ball lift...

early to bed...for 5am trainer appt.
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 15:29

BF:
Default 2/1/02 BFL DAY 26

BFL DAY 26

Trainer day...new workouts...trial...LBWO 1 hour...added, changed, tweaked, all that...but naturally they are so NOT inclined toward...eliminating sugar..and LOW CARB...Why do they ask? You do what works for you and I shall so the same! Met 3 other ladies doing BFL at the gym...1 completed challenge last year and has kept it up...2 are in current challenge...It would be handy to tag team to hold the machines...ah well, going early pretty much insures no waiting too!

Steps...the only new one I'm not sure about yet
12/5, 10/8, 8/10, 6/12, 12/10
Leg extensions 12/75

High Leg Press 40/12, 45/10, 50/8, 55/6, 50/12
Lying Curls 12/45

Seated Calf Raise 20/12, 30/10, 40/8, 50/6, 40/12...too much at 50! need 5-7.5 lb wt bar
Standing Raise 35/12...

Hip Abductors...30#....20 reps 2-3x

Good workout...burning is evident!

Tomorrow is Cardio...then the glorious day off! Still want to get Tae bo in this week...but when?

Beth
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 16:44

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%

Hi Beth~
Well, I figured it was time to make a connection. I’ve been so impressed with your knowledge and support all over the forum. Yesterday I sat and read through your journal and I am so impressed. I have been watching Nat w/ the bfl and now that everyone else is doing it with such ease and excitement, I think I am ready to read the book and go from there.
What gym (trainer) did you go to? I am currently living in alameda. If I remember correctly, you are in San Leandro? We used to live there, in heron bay, but moved a year ago last week.
So, way to go on starting with the trainer and I loved how you covered the goodies from Costco w/ paper towels.

Regards,
Brenda
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 07:02

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default Re: Gym 1/30/02 BFL DAY 24

Quote:
Originally posted by bsayne

It's starting to feel like a possibility in my lifetime!...My side rolls are gone, my pajamas I have to hold on to to walk, My new skivies are starting to meet and make plans with my bra, My feet are sliding around in my new normal width shoes, my t-shirts are looking a little too much like an attempt at wearing a dress! I am actually able to see room on my car seat and not have to guess where the seat belt is, I can see it! Just little observations that keep coming up...I will definately need some more clothes, just wonder how long I can hold out! I am cold in my good polartech coat because there is so much room around me inside of it!

B

Here is one big CONGRATULATIONS heading your way! I think it is the best feeling when you start to notice different things like certain clothes fitting looser, etc, etc. You are doing GREAT! Keep it up Beth!
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 12:32

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by bsayne
Still want to get Tae bo in this week...but when?

I had to giggle when I read this Beth. What is it about BFL that makes us feel like we can conquer the world of athletics?? I know I'm constantly thinking about when I can do some of my other favourite physical activities! Maybe I'll treat myself to a swim tomorrow on my day 'off'. I'm also missing my aquasize class so I might try to get that in next Wednesday after 20MAS. We are turning into SUPERwomen!

for team BFL!!

Marlaine
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 13:41

BF:
Default Gym 2/6/02 BFLING

Hey, look what happens when I don't post in my gym log! A party showed up...hey everybody!

I have been faithfully working out but I don't always have my sheets to fill in the details! Baby's been sick too so not alot of PC time...wants to be held!

Did my cardio today and didn't hit my big 10...awww first time! My legs were just tooo darn sore from LBWO the day before..that and I haven't been getting enough sleep...so they said, sorry but no, we can't pedal at that intensity any longer!....just making the pedals go round was an effort and I was shaking when I got off..for a while so I know I pushed it pretty far...so I made my bod a promise as I'm expecting alot from it....I need to keep up my end and get the sleep it needs to recoop! It's a deal....and next time I'll be screaming ...."I MADE IT!!"

Hi Brenda! Thanks for the visit, I'll pop over to your journal to give ya the scoop!

Fern, I am honored! Thankyou for the visit and yes, I love the changes...the clothes I can't wear pile is getting larger as I get smaller...My dear HB says honey, can you go buy you some new jeans? Why yes dear, I'll be glad to go shopping!...hope the next size is fitting now!

Marlaine...I got told! Not to add more...I'm sure you saw it, so I am staying off the add more lane for now...don't wanna eat that muscle...gosh I'm ancy though!

Ruth....You slipped in when I went unconcious I think! HI! Can't wait for your 4 wk results now that mine are posted...just goes to show the scale talks but the meausuring tape rules!

Fill up on the good stuff ya'll...I'll be back on monday I'm going to the snow to try a new cardio....freeze the fat and run for the hot tub! LOL

Beth
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 13:16

BF:
Default GYM LOG 2/13

Came back from the snow with a horrid sinus/throat infection. No GYM yesterday or today...too sick. Not much food either but thats another story...Just resting and hoping to be back to full speed in a couple of day....my throat is burning such that even cardio is not a good idea so looks like I may lose a week and add it on at the end...

Hi to all and will try to be back soon...am taking my meds like a good girl...even though I hate taking antibiotics and junk...sugar free cough medicine with heavy drugs is keeping me from passing out when I cough though!

Keep on keeping on all! I shall return!

Beth
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 14:15

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 270/205/160 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default What a great log!

Beth, I just popped in to see what you were doing - wow! You're like a wild woman. Sorry to see that you're too sick to workout. Definite bummer. Get better quickly so your muscles don't get sad and lonely.

I applaud your effort with the gym log, but for me it is just one thing too many to check and keep up with. I think I'll just keep posting mini updates in my journal. Bye!
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 15:07

BF:
Default Time to reopen this gym log...

Wow there sure is alot of cobwebs and dust in here! I can't believe I've been gone so long...but surely i've not forgotton myself...I must deserve to be back on the road to abundent energy and health....YES, Why ...YES I DO!

I started my water aerobics class last month 3 days and week is what I'm pushing for until I can get an answer on my shoulder...I think I may have a rotor cuff strain of some sort and seems like no amount of heat, ice and rest will keep it down once I start trying to do my resistance exercises. I have a PT evaluation hopefully next week...and If that doesn't happen I'll just have to get creative with a modified BFL and increase in cardio...I'm 6lbs away from my pre BFL wt so I don't feel so very far off the mark. I have no intention of getting back on the motrin merry go round, as I am free and clear of all meds and I don't want to go back.

10/18 Water workout was great...very intense and added intervals for 10 extra minutes...went to bed early friday.

Tomorrows Schedule will include water aerobics am and housecleaning...

B