Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 18:27

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Can't believe it's gonna be a year...

I just noticed today that in Feb., it'll be a full year that I've been on Atkins, or general low carb eating regimen.

It really has seemed as if the year has flown by in a flash. I feel as it if were yesterday that I had stumbled onto the atkins web site and this forum. Where has the time gone?

Just curious, but anyone feel anything special after being on the plan for an entire year?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 18:40
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Frederick! It will be one year for me too on February 19. Yes, the year seems like it flew by for me too, I still can't believe a year has passed by so fast. I'm glad I found this amazing forum and really amazing extremely patient people. I too did not know anything about low carbing until I found this site.

I feel accomplished and happy and although I have not reached my goal I know I will get there. I'm can't wait to celebrate my 1 year anniversary.

Thanks to everyone who posts on this forum.

red
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 23:20

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%

fred-
well i started a Curves thread in Feb of 2003 and I finally joined this month!!! So after one whole year of hee-haaing, yes, no, and reading the pros and cons... i finally did it and am so happy i did! I should have done it a year ago!! ha! Congrats on your one year with lcing!!
M-
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 23:26

Plan: general LC
Stats: 195/142/148 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 113%

Frederick, congrats on a year!!!!

Squid
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 01:06
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Frederick,

I know - one year seems almost unreal...... My Anniversary will be on January 27th and I can't believe it either.....one year and many veggies later, right?

You asked about feeling anything special.....well, I do feel this is the perfect WOE for me and I'm very grateful for getting my health back. I'm still under the spell of the famous 'Atkins energy kick' LOL
I also feel I should stop buying clothes...... "Atkins Diet ruined me!" - could be a story to sell?

Congratulations to you!!! Great to see you are still around.........

Alina

Last edited by Alina : Mon, Jan-19-04 at 01:12.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 01:32

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

Speaking of veggies... is that your secret to losing weight so quickly, Fred? The veggies, right? I knew it!

Anyhow, congratulations on nearly reaching the 1-year mark, Fred & Red & Alina. That is an awesome accomplishment. You guys should be very proud of yourself. My anniversary isn't until Aug. Still awhile to go. I hope I make it!

Last edited by serrelind : Mon, Jan-19-04 at 01:35.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 06:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Good thread :-)
I get to 1 year in March. Oh YES, so many great things. I no longer feel that there is no answer for me as to losing weight. I plateaued on WW for 5 months....and I was a leader and very strict! Not any more! (still stalled; but for the normal time)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I haven't been HUNGRY in almost a year!!! With WW it seems like I was always hungry.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that there are always yummy foods and recipes I can get as long as I go get them!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that the world is catching on and making so many products for us.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE feeling sexy in my little black dress.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I can get food that fits my eating style at almost any fast food place.

maybe I'll add more later!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 08:28
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Congrats on your year anniversary Frederick!!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 11:12

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1cutie
Hi Frederick! It will be one year for me too on February 19. Yes, the year seems like it flew by for me too, I still can't believe a year has passed by so fast. I'm glad I found this amazing forum and really amazing extremely patient people. I too did not know anything about low carbing until I found this site.

Hey Red! My sentiments exactly, as well. In retrospect, this forum and all those here--even those who have...er...vehemently contrasting views to my own--provided me with invaluable information, support, and pointers which made the journey infinitely smoother than it would otherwise have been. There's much to be said about being on a journey with other's who share the ultimate aspiration of your goals. You know, the old adage, "misery loves company," but with a twist. LOL

Quote:

I feel accomplished and happy and although I have not reached my goal I know I will get there. I'm can't wait to celebrate my 1 year anniversary.

At this point, your reaching goal is a forgone conclusion. It's only a matter of time now. I look forward to congratulating you once you've reached goal and wishing you well onwards into Maintenance. Doesn't it feel great to be so close? It's as if you can taste the success you've so diligently worked towards and so richly deserve. By the way, how's your running program?

Quote:

Thanks to everyone who posts on this forum.
red

Cheers!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 11:15

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Melis
fred-
well i started a Curves thread in Feb of 2003 and I finally joined this month!!! So after one whole year of hee-haaing, yes, no, and reading the pros and cons... i finally did it and am so happy i did! I should have done it a year ago!! ha! Congrats on your one year with lcing!!
M-

Started curves and finally joined a year later? LOL Nice to know that there are still some of us who are immune to "impulse buy" syndrome.

I'm not exactly sure what "pilates" or "curves" are exactly, but I'm sure it'll work very well for you.

Best of luck!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 11:35

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
Frederick,
I know - one year seems almost unreal...... My Anniversary will be on January 27th and I can't believe it either.....one year and many veggies later, right?

LOL...Hi there Alina. Congrats to you as well. I remember we both started out at around the same time last year; and, I have great pleasure in reading you've done so well. Oh, and speaking of those dreaded veggies, in a single year of LC, I've eaten more veggies than I have in my entire life. The price we must pay for success. Sometimes I even wonder if it's worth it--all those dreaded veggies I force myself to eat. (LOL...joke, but somewhat serious too)

Quote:
You asked about feeling anything special.....well, I do feel this is the perfect WOE for me and I'm very grateful for getting my health back. I'm still under the spell of the famous 'Atkins energy kick' LOL
I also feel I should stop buying clothes...... "Atkins Diet ruined me!" - could be a story to sell?

I feel the same, now. In the beginning, I remember feeling lethargic wondering when and if this LC boost will ever hit me. Now, I'm not sure if I've ever been struck by the "Atkins energy kick," but my body is now fully acclimated to primarily burning fat as it's main source of fuel requiring very little carbs. On LC, I can now very easily run 5 miles. Would that count as an energy kick?

You've worked hard, found the ideal eating regimen for you, reaped the benefits of gainful heath, and look great in the process. Ah, in my view, they're all good reasons to binge on buying clothing, non? LOL I mean, better to spend on clothing than, say, ice cream? So, during your next trip, drive to Paris and go shopping at les Rue de St. Honore and have a great time! Life is far too short and enjoyable a thing not to make yourself happy in every way imaginable.

Quote:
Congratulations to you!!! Great to see you are still around.........
Alina

Likewise, glad to see you too, and especially knowing you're doing so well!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 11:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrelind
Speaking of veggies... is that your secret to losing weight so quickly, Fred? The veggies, right? I knew it!

LOL...Oh, Serre! You cognitive wheel you! How did you know that I've used veggies as my natural appetite supressor. You see, by forcing myself to eat all those nasty veggies, my zeal for food wanes. Only on special occasions will I keep the veggies where they belong--rotting away in my fridge--keeping them from ruining the pure decadent pleasure a large cut of perfectly roasted fatty prime rib.

Just brainstorming here, but have you ever considered a career in the service industry? Like, working for the Psychic Friends Network or something like that? LOL

I still can't understand how anyone could naturally like veggies. I mean, it's stuff that grows out of dirt, right? I can understand plant-like foods growing from dirt and manure to ideally suited for the diet of, say, grazing farm animals, but for a human carnivore like myself? That just seems so....incongruent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrelind

Anyhow, congratulations on nearly reaching the 1-year mark, Fred & Red & Alina. That is an awesome accomplishment. You guys should be very proud of yourself. My anniversary isn't until Aug. Still awhile to go. I hope I make it!

Thanks, and since you're already so close to goal, your "one year" anniversary will be for posterity's sake. Nonetheless, I'll offer my heartfelt congrats when the time comes!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 11:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlady
Good thread :-)
I get to 1 year in March. Oh YES, so many great things. I no longer feel that there is no answer for me as to losing weight. I plateaued on WW for 5 months....and I was a leader and very strict! Not any more! (still stalled; but for the normal time)

Hi Wordlady,

Thanks, and imminent congrats to you too.

I was going to list all the benefits of having been on Atkins (general LC eating) but the list would grow far too long given how many benefits I've reaped from eating this way. However, I'll share the single most important benefit for me.

REASON #1 - By far the most important -- Since veggies have nutrients that are essential to long term good health, eating LC allows me to drown the bitter taste of veggies in butter, cheese, or salad dressing--usually, I use all of the above.

Obviously, on any other plan which eschews fats, I'd never be able to eat veggies, ever.

So, that's my number ONE reason!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 12:10
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Frederick!

I can't believe it has been a year as well. You have done wonderful-better than your goal.

Now, go eat your spinach.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 14:10

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleoanth
Frederick!

I can't believe it has been a year as well. You have done wonderful-better than your goal.

Now, go eat your spinach.

*rolls eyes* Let me find a glob of cream cheese & butter to drown that spinach in, hopefully masking even the slightest aftertaste. LOL

You're doing very well. Congrats to you!

PS: And, of course, many thanks to Squid and 4beans4me too. The best part is seeing everyone on this board doing very well with their respective goals easily within reach.

That is so cool to see and share.