Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#691   ^
Old Mon, May-19-14, 17:47
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummelda
I first committed via this thread on Jan 19, 2004. Yup, 10 years ago.

I was skimming through the old pages and see a lot of folks who I haven't heard from for ages and others with whom I've become close friends on and off the forum.

A special mention to my friend, Ruth Gale, who passed away a few years ago and whose commitment I saw on this thread. I miss you, Ruth <3

Recommitting to stay here another 10 years... I have been away and back and away and back a few times but I belong here and know that here is where people understand me for better or for worse.

I love all the experience and wisdom that the long-time members like you bring to this forum. I've noticed that many stick around well after they've reached their goal. I hope I do as you have done and keep this forum a regular part of my routine. I don't want to fall off the wagon and disappear. If I fall, I'm hoping that the support I get here will help get be back on track.
Sponsored Links
  #692   ^
Old Mon, May-19-14, 19:44
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Thanks Ken. My story in a nutshell is that I lost 105 pounds, regained all of it and am back taking it off again with renewed vigour. Pulling out all the stops that can help me be accountable.

You have done really well so far and I wish you continued focus and success!
  #693   ^
Old Tue, May-20-14, 06:27
Say NO to Diabetes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummelda
Thanks Ken. My story in a nutshell is that I lost 105 pounds, regained all of it and am back taking it off again with renewed vigour. Pulling out all the stops that can help me be accountable.

You have done really well so far and I wish you continued focus and success!

I know all about losing big and putting it all back on and more. I've lost over 70 lbs twice and 90 lbs once in the past 20 years, each time putting it all back on plus 20 lbs. Given that history and the knowledge I've gained in recent months (from this forum and other sites), I really think this time will be different. I've learned what drives my ravenous carb hunger and understand the concept of maintenance and making this a way of life. I want this to be the last time, too.
  #694   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-14, 07:35

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 288/256/200 Female 176cm
BF:
Progress: 36%

Coming here to commit myself to one year of healthy lowcarb lifestyle with active participation in this forum.
I have 112 lbs to lose and to never gain back...
  #695   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-14, 08:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Glad you decided to join us! I started at 315, so you've got 'less' to lose than I did - you can do it :-)
  #696   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-14, 00:37

BF:

thank for your answer, i just seem to have lost 3lbs since yesterday, 109 to go...
Ok, it can be mostly attributed to a cyclical phenomenon, but it's encouraging anyway.

I guess I should not weight myself everyday but I have a hard time no doing so...
  #697   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-14, 09:39
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Welcome Skimo! Good luck on your journey. You will find lots of experience and support here.

On the daily weighing, some of us do and some don't. I do and find it keeps me accountable. But if you do, be aware that the scale WILL bounce and you'll stand there going "What did I do wrong?" Often, the answer is "You did nothing wrong" and take it in stride. Don't let it discourage you.
  #698   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-14, 13:14

BF:

Thanks, I have found the daily weigth in threads... guess it's not bad to do so as long as I don't forget that losing weight isn't my only goal, feeling better is.
  #699   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-14, 09:40

Plan: , LCHF
Stats: 259.6/222.4/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67.2/60.2/normal
Progress: 29%

Here is my pledge
I Ellen, otherwise known as eljohnw, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. - Ellen
  #700   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-14, 14:28

Plan: Less than 30g carbs
Stats: 349/286.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

My promise.... To myself, my lovely husband, my family, my friends... I will do this for me most of all. One year, one rule - eat myself healthy!
  #701   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-14, 14:36

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

I, Julie (Jam), otherwise known as Jamackarch, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

I'm so excited to see where we all are in a year. Next summer. It's going to be SO gratifying to see our focus and dedication to our our own health and well-being has paid off. It's gonna' be great!
  #702   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-14, 23:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 283.4/279.4/155 Female 5'7
BF:44.3/44.3/24.3
Progress: 3%
Default 1 year pledge - sign me up!

I, Xaminer, promise to stay active in the forum for at least 1 year. I promise to think of Atkins as a lifestyle change and work hard each day to stay on plan and get some exercise. I will encourage others who are on the journey to lose 100+ pounds because taking off the weight isn't as much fun as putting it on. I look forward to the next 364 days.

Last edited by xaminer : Sun, Sep-21-14 at 23:31. Reason: Typo
  #703   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-14, 06:21
Say NO to Diabetes!

Good for you Xaminer. Welcome to the TDC club. If you keep this promise to yourself, it is going to be a great year for you. If you can just stick with your program, getting the weight off will be much easier than you might think. I hope by the end of the year, you feel that taking the weight off is much more fun than putting the weight on. I know that is where I'm at with it. My taste buds might not be having as much fun, but the rest of me is.
  #704   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-14, 14:00
Carnivore

Plan: <50 net/day
Stats: 368/305/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Let's do this again. I did make it about the full year, the first time around. Though, I don't think I did say goodbye, so much as wander off. In my time gone, I sick, tired, and eventually diagnosed with a plethora of autoimmune issues. As a result of my thryoid and bad food choices, my weight shot up to 368, early this year. That was a dark day in my world.
Since then, we have my meds just about dialed in and my weight has been dropping steadily. Last weigh in was 330. I need to contribute to my healing, which takes good nutritious food and support. You guys have always been the best support resource I've ever seen. Thanks for being awesome.

I Jackie, otherwise known as TChice, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. ~Jackie
  #705   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-15, 15:26

Plan: Working to adapt my own
Stats: 268/256/165 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I'm back as promised, having had a baby (surprise!!!) and gaining 20 pounds post-baby weight! So here we go again -

I Emily, otherwise known as Emmalee808, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Emily