Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-07, 18:50

Plan: Carbohydrates Addict Diet
Stats: 211/185/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress:
Default Repeat CADers

[COLOR=Blue]Wanting support from those who have tried the diet before, quit for what ever reason, and are trying again. Would especially like to hear from those who have had success. Also, are there testimonies from those who are strict during CM's but eat what they want for RM's? I am on day 3 and I feel optimistic about losing 30 lbs on this program. Any feedback is welcome! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-07, 18:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/202/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hi Amie from another Amy!

I'm a repeat CAD'er. I lost 60 lbs. on it back in '96 and kept it off for a couple of years. Back at that time I did the "eat whatever you want" RM for awhile, but after a time it seemed that I didn't care that much about carbs anyway so my RM was usually well-balanced.

I'm roughly trying to balance my RM but I'm not committed to the salad eating. It kills my appetite to the point I can't eat much else during my hour, but it doesn't actually hold me so I wind up starving later.

Good luck with your plan, I'll look forward to chatting with you on the boards.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-07, 09:04

BF:
Progress:

Hi AMy, Thanks for responding. It is encouraging that you kept the weight off for 2 years. Did you continue on the program or completely go off? I too lost weight, about 20 lbs but just went off for whatever reason. This time, I am trying to lose 30lbs and have not been able to do so...For the last year, I have lost and gained the same 10 lbs 10 times at least, but could not get past a certain number....To be honest, this time I am not following it as the book indicates, but I am not cheating at all! I usually have one complimentary meal but eat VERY little and during my RM I do feast, for example, a cheeseburger, fries, 2 pepsis, icecream and cookies....I know it sounds horrible but I have lost 7 lbs since Monday...and it is not just water weight because I have been dieting prior from this for months. So until it catches up with me, or until I stop losing I am going to continue. My goal is to lose the 30 lbs, now 23lbs and then go on my 5-2 plan after that to maintain. Diet 5 days-Eat 2....Let me know how you do!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-07, 10:03

BF:

Hmmm. I've never done a "feast" as you describe as part of CAD (in fact my current CAD book describes your RM as a "binge".) But I do seem recall the original diet being that you could eat whatever you wanted for RM without all the bother about balancing. And they never made you have salad before.

I'd be afraid to do what you are doing for myself, but if it is working for you then that is great.

I have heard of people losing with the 5 days on, 2 days off plan. But I would be very concerned about nutrition. If, for example, you ate very little during the 5 days on, then ate a lot of junk during the 2 days off, I don't think that would be too healthy.

Good luck with your plan.

ETA: On Body for Life you eat clean for 6 days and then have one day a week where you can eat whatever you want. (Of course you work out very hard on that plan.) I kind of liked the eating plan when I was on it, I just couldn't hack all the exercise.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-07, 05:47

BF:
Progress:

Amian, how much have you lost on this diet and how long have you kept it off?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 16:30

BF:

Hi Amie,

I lost 60 pounds on CAD in 1996. I kept it off for over two years, but I've since gained it back.

I started gaining when I got a divorce and started eating badly due to feeling stressed.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 06:59

BF:
Progress:

That's interesting. I, too, got divorced about 3 yrs ago and I actually lost weight. I have been on CAD (for the 2nd time) a week and a day and have lost 10 lbs. I know the weight loss will slow down, but I'm real happy with the results and the diet so far. My immediate goal is 20 more lbs and I would be somewhat happy! Thanks for responding
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-07, 09:12

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

I'm a repeat CADdette too. I got down to 135 and kept if off for about 6 months, then it started creeping up to where I'm at now.

I don't strictly balance my RM either, but I find that after a few days I don't do the feast thing, usually just the first day or two back on CAD.

If you start gaining, at RM just have one carby treat, like ice cream, or cookies or soda or alchohol.

Everyone is different, so whatever works!

Enjoy your success. Here's to making our goals!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-07, 15:56

Plan: CAD and 12 DD (Mayo)
Stats: 223/206/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

I am a repeater as well. I lost 32 pounds on calp four years ago then got pregnant with my youngest. I have not been able to stay on-plan (OP) since I started trying when he was six months old (he's now three!) I start out good for a week or so then something happens and I will drop off. I am struggling at the moment and have been hovering at 206 for about three months. I have been able to maintain my 11 pound loss since I started two months ago, but remember I am not staying OP. It is very unusual for me not to lose a pound a week when I stay OP. However, I am very motivated at the moment. I have a lot going on this summer and I am just tired of being fat. We are planning a Labor Day hike with some friends and I am so out of shape, she asked if maybe we didn't want to drive up to the site instead of hiking!! That was my major wake up call! (She dropped like 60 pounds two years ago and looks great!) I have been reading Total Body Makeover as well and have considered it too. It is vigerous exercise and I don't know if I am that committed yet. LOL!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 07:36

Default Start with moderate exercise

Dawn - congrats on your success so far-

My recommendation is to do your weekly averages for weight, that helps me to not get discouraged, and you'll see an overall downward trend. then if you don't do an average loss, you can look at your diet and see what you need to adjust.

Also set a weekly goal for exercise minutes, right now I'm shooting for 150 minutes/week.

I took a long walk yesterday (90 min) so I only have 60 to go for the week.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 15:35
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi-
before you do the TOtal Body Makeover- so a search here and see how people on this list have done on it. It is really serious exercise- which is great- but the eating plan ....
E
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 06:31

Eno-

Who is the author of the Total Body Makeover?

I have to say I agree with your signature "I love the way I feel" I don't feel deprived, I don't graze with lofat local treat all day and never feel full.

I eat 2 CM and 1 RM and it works!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-07, 06:21

Plan: CAD and 12 DD (Mayo)
Stats: 223/206/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

So I flaked out on this post. Went out of town and just found it again. Thanks for the advise Eno on the search. I would not give up my eating plan for anything and that is the only thing that has kept me from trying TBM, written by Bob Greene, SummerSlim. I am doing the 12 Day Diet more than CALP right now and still have TBM in the back of my mind but I am still thinking about it only. So we'll see. The Labor Day hike is postponed a bit but I am going to Disney in June with my family. I am afraid I am not going to be able to keep up if I don't get a move on some walking or something. I know that will help in the weight loss dept. as well.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-07, 13:01

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I am a repeater. I know CAD works, hence coming back.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 06:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

hey guys, i am just going to jump right in here. i too quit and came back so many times, but....i never lost more then 7 lbs then when i come back i dont even make it through the week.

i had hit an all time high of 202, trying to jump on different diets, i am back down to 197 but boy it is scary. not feeling energetic and feet hurting. so i went for a 40 min walk yesterday for the first time. so no more 30 min walks, i am moving up. i am going to try this with the most effort i ever have in the past. i need to do this, my pool will be opening soon and i am depressed that i am still fighting my food bingeing and not being in control. i am happy you started this thread and hopefully i will stick to this and be able to post on the daily thread soon.
hey amie34 are you still sticking to this? congrats on the weight loss. where is everyone else?