Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 08:13

Plan: CAD (again)
Stats: 135/130.8/121
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Hi Lisa!

Actually I rephrased that after, what I meant was not actually count calories but limit portions. No I don't count calories but I do have to watch portion size.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 08:43
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 146/126.1/120
BF:26.5
Progress: 77%

Oh, I see. I guess I missed that message when I was scanning through the posts.

I do tend to eat until I'm full. I am pretty good about not overstuffing myself (except for those delicious holiday dinners). So in that sense I kind of naturally limit my portions to what I am comfortable with.

I also try to limit the fat intake by using oil instead of butter, or less than what is called for. I also try to eat whole grains over processed grain and high carb veggies instead of dessert. That seems to help.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 09:09

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

Hi Lila! I remember seeing your name also on the TSP bd. I still follow a lot of most of the guidelines of TSP also, I just like the idea of two protien/fat/veg meals and the treat of the RM in the evenings (for me usually). I think it will all balance out (if I can just keep from going crazy with the RM!) so far the switch is working. I must admit I was getting impatient not losing (I maintained) on TSP and the last book rather confused me and there is just the promise of a new web site (her own) with further help (it has been saying in a *cpl. of wks. for months).

I see there are posters on this board that *reached* thier goal so that is promising! I know for me , some form of low/controlled carb is vital.

Nice to 'see' you!

Last edited by rosarugosa : Thu, Dec-12-02 at 09:11.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 06:32
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hi there! My experience on this board has shown me that those who are closer to goal weight (have <10# to lose) need to watch their portions & calories a little more closely in order to lose. 10x 130 is not that many calories....especially on a high-fat diet! At this point it seems to be more important to watch that you're getting in enough protein and fresh vegetables and making sure your fats are "healthy fats".
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 09:40
Registered Member

Stats: 146/126.1/120
BF:26.5
Progress: 77%

Teri,

I totally agree. I have been stuck at "6 lbs to go" for more than a month. I have recently realized that certain things I was able to get away with when I had 15 lbs to lose are no longer acceptable. Like drinking coffee with soy milk and not sticking to the 15 minutes, or eating nuts or zucchini or low carb bars.

Lisa
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 13:27

Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

Chocolate,

I am still in the "WOW!!" stage, and my days of RMs with starchy carbs vs. desserts are about equal. However, for me and in this stage of my weight, I can eat almost anything during RM and not gain. The only exception to this is Chinese Food. I think it is because it is loaded with carbs, salt, and MSG. So I avoid that. But otherwise, I don't gain from RMs.

However, I agree with above, that the closer you get to your goal weight, the more you need to watch portions. It seems harder to lose the last 10 pounds than the first 50!