Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 14:23

Plan: Keto
Stats: 176/142.2/130 Female 5' 4"
BF:41%/33%/??
Progress: 73%

Yep, I'm with Becca, before CAD I ate toast every morning. No protein just carbs. That's why getting up and actually cooking something seems strange to me. When I first began CAD I did do some of the Heller's breakfast recipes (bread, muffins, quiche, pancakes - which definatly did not work out) they're, uh "interesting"! but not very satisfying.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 17:07

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Very diplomatic, Jalera!
I wait and have brunch or early lunch, too. Eggs are ok sometimes, but for the most part--it's better for me to wait until about 11:30. I'm used to it now, and only need 1 cm that way... Keeps a cm in reserve in case I get hungry at night (which has never happened)...
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 09:55
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

At first, since I had to give up my low-carb muffins, I tried eggs...but <bleh> although the bacon or sausage were okay..lol

Kudos to the ones who can stomach vegetables in the a.m., all the suggestions of peppers, mushrooms, etc in an omelette effectively killed my appetite! On Atkins, someone suggested salmon roll-ups...like fish would be better..lolol... I'm SUCH a fussy person!!!

Long, long story short, now that the hunger is under control, I don't feel the need for breakfast at all...just a cup of coffee. I'll have a good lunch of meat and veggies, then am not really hungry until RM. I thought I'd die the first week on CAD, since I was used to snacking all day on Atkins. I'm convinced that even "legal" snacks can make the insulin "rollercoaster" for me...I also deep-sixed the diet sodas and sweeteners, and it's also helped!!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 14:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction now CAD
Stats: 198/175/175 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've been eating 3 or 4 slices of bacon, two eggs, and one cup of coffee every morning. What amazes me is I don't get hungry for anything else. I eat my RM any time from 3 to 6 and really eat something I want with a real dessert.

Larry
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 09:02

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 215//165 Female 5'11"
BF:30%/30%/22%
Progress:
Default I'M New to CAD

HI, I have been reading the posts about what to have for breakfast and since I have just started CAD I thought I'd ask...... I have been enjoying having lean sliced turkey with a tsp of cream cheese rolled up inside. I hope this is okay?

It also make for a great hunger eliminating snack.

Generally though, I prefer 2 micro poached eggs with bacon already cooked and just reheated. Quick, fast and yum!

Hugs-Kari
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 09:47

Plan: CALP
Stats: 289/274/142 Female 5'4''
BF:48% hand held unit
Progress: 10%

Hi, Kari. Lean turkey w/ cream cheese is fine. Both are listed on Craving Reducing Foods list in CALP...sounds yummy too (I've got both in the fridge & know what my next snack will be!)