Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 19:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%
Default Interesting article about fruit from the Atkins website

Fruit is about the only thing on my "Crave" list from my old way of eating, so I found this information very helpful.

http://atkinscenter.com/Archive/2003/2/10-469820.html

judy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 22:39
Registered Member

Stats: 155/146/127
BF:
Progress: 32%

I know what you mean. Sometimes the cravings for oranges are crazy. Not candy, oranges....B
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 07:31

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Thanks for posting this! I'm not a big fruit eater and prefer berries or melons when I do eat fruit, but I have my kids following a lower carb program that includes fruit and I see some fruits on that list like pineapple that I haven't been allowing them because I thought they were too high on the glycemic index. Nice to know that they can add one more fruit to their list for variety.
The portion size comments were also very helpful. Some of the apples and oranges on the market these days are big enough to be 2 or 3 servings all in one fruit!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 12:21

Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Thanks for the great info! I found it interesting that the fruits that I like the most are on the 'low' glycemic list, which is great! I have been avoiding fruit entirely, but when I'm closer to my goal, this info will be very helpful.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 21:48

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%
Default YAY!

Wow, thanks for the great info! I have been craving apples lately. Apples, I never even used to like them, how weird! Anyway, today I cut up a small bit of apple and put it in my tuna salad, and it was grrrrrrrr-eat! Glad to hear they are low on the glycemic scale, now I won't feel guilty.

-Jess