Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 12:14

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default A Gift from me to You

I was not a heavy child so I haven't walked in those shoes! Yes, I am obese now but it is different when a person starts life off thin and stays thin most of their life and then gains weight. You see yourself in your minds eye as thin. I wish I could give that to you and all the others who grew up as a heavy child, I can't. But, I can give you this.

A long time ago I learned something that has helped me in a lot of areas of my life. I learned that I can go to a safe place. When there, I can Do, Say, Be, or invite in anyone I want any time I want.

The way you do this is to first think about a place in your life that you loved to go to and spend time. Mine was my grandmother's home.

Then you close your eyes and go there, and survey the area to find your perfect spot to build your place to go to anytime you want. Mine is on a hill top beside my grandmother's home.

Then you pick what you want to build your place out of (wood, bricks, glass, whatever you can imagine) and start building it in your mind, (board by board or brick by brick or drop by drop). It can take days or minuets to do this, you decide. Once your place is built you can furnish it any way you want and you can be there alone or invite anyone in you want. You can be any size you want or as young or old as you want. What ever you can think of that makes you happy and at peace you can have.

Once you are through building, you can close your eyes and go there at Any time. It’s all free except for TIME, it’s your time, take as much or as little as you need everyday until you see yourself in you minds eye as the person you want to be.

I hope you try this and someday soon you’ll understand the gift I have given you is truly a gift.

Hugs,
Charlie

Last edited by Charlie-B : Wed, Apr-07-10 at 19:41.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-10, 16:25

Plan: vegetarian low carb
Stats: 150/146/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress:

I agree, I've had 2 for years, one of them I go to when I've had enough of people- It's totally isolated and I see no-one.

If I feel I'm getting a bit introverted and antisocial I go to my other house, it's in a busy city and has fabulous views.
I go there as I'm drifting off to sleep, and put my (imaginary)day into words as if I'm writing a diary. By doing this I can forget the lousiest day and sleep well.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-10, 16:57

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniblue
I agree, I've had 2 for years, one of them I go to when I've had enough of people- It's totally isolated and I see no-one.

If I feel I'm getting a bit introverted and antisocial I go to my other house, it's in a busy city and has fabulous views.
I go there as I'm drifting off to sleep, and put my (imaginary)day into words as if I'm writing a diary. By doing this I can forget the lousiest day and sleep well.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. Thank you for sharing with me, miniblue.

Charlie