Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 17:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default PnP and Carbs

Hi this is my first real post! Bear with me
After reading PnP and learning all about beta-endorphin and seratonin from Kathleen I had alot of Uh huh moments. What I did notice is she poo poo's the different LC diets but as you read through the book and figure out how to balance your brain chemicals, she then tells you that if you also want to lose weight then you must avoid the brown carbs! Of course no sugar and white stuff. So to my thinking if you have just green carbs throughout the day with your protien as we do and then a carb (I haven't decided which is best) three hours after your evening meal then you should be getting the benefit of the seretonin getting into your brain.
I have noticed that many of the people on the radiantrecovery forum have put ON weight, but they don't seem to mind because they are feeling really well for the first time! They especially talk about the brain fog lifting. I believe if they took out some more of the carbs they would also get the weight loss too!
I am interested in your opinions and what you got from the book. Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 15:20

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi, I too read the PNP book and followed it for quite some time on and off.
Never really went for the spud at bedtime though.
I would do well but did want to lose weight so I would go off it and try something else.
While I did feel better when on it, I never got really stable on all the steps cos as you say i dont think it cuts the carbs back far enough and so the wanting to eat more carbs never really went away.
This is MUCH MUCH better!!!
I felt my moods lift and I felt on an even keel very quickly and I am doing with out the carbs in beaut stlye and no headaches
and Im losing weight Im still waiting for the catch
Kathleen reckons we will crash after a couple of months, we will see