Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Karen's Corner
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 18:12

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II IS-BOAG
Stats: 174/155/120 Female 5'2"
BF:34%
Progress: 35%
Default spaghetti squash and cauliflower help...

#1 - i microwaved a spaghetti squash because i was using it in a savory dish and did not want caramelization to take place. i cut the squash, removed seeds and placed face down in glass dish, covered and steamed 15 minutes or so. my problem is that it was still sweet. i used to do this frequently with SS and wonder if it was the size or variety that may have been the cause of the extra sweetness. any ideas?

#2 - i thought to turn cauliflower in to risotto style dish. grated cauliflower, sauteed onion and garlic. then sauteed cauliflower--got a nice golden color to it. (hi heat i get 16000 btu on one gas burner) added chicken stock - reduced, added butter and romano cheese to thicken. i thought it turned a little cabbagy and was just a slight bit wet. so i am thinking, perhaps reduce stock before adding? or perhaps i should squeeze cauliflower first to remove any extra moisture? any ideas?

thks ali
Sponsored Links