Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 11:05
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%
Angry Bad 2 days

God am I hungry, I not cheating for the most part.

But I am starting to think with my weight loss I might need more carbs.

last two days, I ate breakfast and was so lethargic, then ate lunch 1.5 hours later. Was better for an hour or two... Went home one the PC's advice for spasms and dry skin, hunger and bowel problems I bought some blueberries and yogurt plain.

Ate about 8 blue berries and in about 15-30 minutes I was better.

And now today the same thing has happened. except this morning I ate 1 ounce of blueberries and 1/4 cup of yogurt first thin in the monring but it has not made a difference.

I at at 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM... And I am starving, head is floaty weakness and lethargic in lims.

I know for a fact if I increase calorie intake in the form of protein and some fat, I physically feel better but the hunger doesn't abate.

I have tried all fat approach doesn't make a difference...

But the physical symptoms are new. Feeling like I am weak if I don't eat.

And I am getting about 1300-1600 calories a day. Which is plenty for my height and weight.

I find when I eat more calories, I gain which is why I had the stall for 3-4 months.

Just having a bad day, and I have an interview to goto this evening along with a class... Lord help me!

need to get rid of this foginess and wanting to sleep.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 11:51
Triple digit loss

BF:

Went home and tested by bgs... ranged from 96-100 which is actually higher for me I was getting in the high 80s and low 90s before considering I ate 2 hours ago...

Please do not tell me my pancreas is giving out more and I am becoming diabetic again.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 12:04
Triple digit loss

BF:

Ate 2 beef slice roll ups with provolone and 3 tbspn cream cheese... I am starving and still lethargic and tired..
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-14, 07:50
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I'm sorry for your hunger and lack of energy issues. I get that occasionally and don't always know what triggers it. It sounds like you have way more than your fair share of it. I hope you figure it out someday. It would sure make life a lot easier. Continue to be strong, as you have been so far. Remember all the good that has come from this WOE.

Hopefully, today will be better.

Last edited by khrussva : Thu, Sep-11-14 at 09:11.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-14, 08:39

Plan: Mostly Primal-LowER Carb
Stats: 312/245/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I know you have been at this a long time but have you tried upping your salt intake? I had this happen last week and thought I was catching a bug or something then just happened to see a thread about salt and the lightbulb lit up. I usually eat plenty of salt but obviously hadn't because after having some broth, I felt almost back to normal.

Hope things settle soon,

Pam
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-14, 19:30
Triple digit loss

BF:

Thanks khrussva for the cheering and support!

Today was another bad day. Ate breakfast at 8:30 AM, then ate 9:30 AM 2 oz of blueberries(yes I am now trying a little but of simple carbs to try and deal with this and deal with my foto and calf spasms) then ate again lunch at 10:30 AM. Managed to feel less hungry by the time I finished my lunch.

But my head was still wonky, no energy in my body. I haven't felt that bad since I was 352 pounds and had a crap load of insulin running through my body.

Came home had 2 beef cheese rollups...

And then went to a second round interview, After which I literally couldn't think cause of lack of energy.

Had dinner and then I started feeling better.

I do know that 2 week point is here in my menstral cycle.

I have an appointment scheduled with a naturopath on monday thinking about having them run nutrition blood tests.

Then I am doing a energy healer on Sunday night to help with other physical problems.

I am really wondering if my bowel problems and having to use laxitives instead of fiberzon has made the issue worse.

Worse in the respect that i am not getting enough nutrients.

All doctors find it amazing I eat all this roughage and am showing issues with constipation.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-14, 19:35
Triple digit loss

BF:

Hi Pam,

YEah long ago some one suggest that too me. And I tried it.

Unforuntately, I soon found out I had fluid problems in my ears (meineres disease) and crystals in my ears.

Which means I am on a salt restricted diet. Anytime, for instance this past weekend, I have too much salt what ensues is dizziness and room spinning. Boy was it spinning on Saturday when I was laying down. Kept drop things left and right could bend over cause I would want to pass out.

But thanks for the suggestionnn
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-14, 20:09
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
All doctors find it amazing I eat all this roughage and am showing issues with constipation.

Try not eating dairy. Especially cheese. Very constipating stuff.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-14, 08:21
Triple digit loss

BF:

You are right nancy, I really do need to give up cheese. I don't eat tons of it... Will design my menu plan differently next week...

My favorite dinner meals are like chicken, peppers, onions with cheddar cheese. Or chicken mushroom onions with mozerella cheese..

Then I have cheese on my omelettes or eggs. And finally my little snacks with meet are cheese meet roll ups.

Do you think all diary (like cream, ceasar salad or ranch dressing) is constipating?
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-14, 09:34
Triple digit loss

BF:
Default People are starting to comment

My owner of the company past me in the hall way and said I looked wiped...

My hubby for the last 2 weeks has been commenting that I look extremely tired.

So, this is not in my head... Something is going on physically...

Need to get off the laxatives...First step...

Second tests for nutrition...
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-14, 15:32

Plan: Less than 30g carbs
Stats: 349/286.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hope you feel better soon! Let's hope someone can come up with an easy fix for you, I'm afraid I'm so new so I don't have any advice.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-14, 11:05
Triple digit loss

BF:

Yeah this is still going on. While I am not hungry that much anymore...

I am completely and utterly wiped...

Want to sleep all the time, just not feeling right... tired lethargic unable to think...
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-14, 11:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 171.0/153.8/145 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default Just a thought

Have you tried coconut oil? I have read it helps with energy. It seems to work for me. Just a thought.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-14, 12:29

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Kind of sounds like you might have picked up a bug. Being sick can change your food needs for a while. If it keeps up, you might want to go to your doctor to rule that out.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-14, 12:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

I don't have any specific suggestions on what to do lovinita but I do have one on attitude.

Cutting calories is tough. It's high stress. You're probably going to spend some time troubleshooting your medical issues and picking and choosing what to do to get your weight loss going again. For me it took a year and a half to find a solution (knock on wood) and I never would have found it if I had been too stressed. With diet you're going to have to take four to six weeks with any change to see if it is a solution. That's a long time. If you're walking around beating yourself up or down on yourself then that is sapping valuable energy you need to stick to whatever decisions you've made or need to make new decisions. At least pick low stress ways to lose weight. Better, maybe you want to delay your final goal until you get these medical issues out of the way.

Keep calm and keto on.