Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-14-05, 16:10
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 93.6/94.32/68
BF:
Progress: -3%
Default hey aussies who's big into their supplements

I would like to be given the name and dosage of vitamins and minerals from someone in Australia who has already worked out the hard part.....yes I'm lazy, but I'm not taking anything really and I've just read how this could be affecting my sleeping - meaning I don't sleep.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-15-05, 20:48

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

I am on heaps, but part of it is anti-aging stuff. (I am 65).
For general health, I take a high potency multi (Eagle brand, Tresos-b with selenium) that doesn't have iron (due to being post menopausal), and 6000 mg fish oil (6 caps). I also take supplemental calcium, and one magnesium supp a day.

The magnesium might help you with sleeping, if it is only due to physical and not life pressure/anxiety/depression issues. Exercising helps as well of course.

Val
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 16:11
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks I haven't heard of the Eagle brand. But I'll look for it. I'll try the mangnesium too, I do think it's physical.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 17:11

Eagle brand is generally not available except from licensed nutritionists, so go to a health food store that has one attached. Depending on your age, discuss with him/her about whether you need iron as well. Also, look out for burpless fish oil ...we need as many anti-oxidants as we can but burping fishy taste is not fun..

Val
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 00:21
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%

I have no trouble getting Tresos B from most chemists here in Perth. I always shop around for the best price as they can be alot more expensive depending on where you go. Tresos B w/o selenium range from $52.95 up to $62.95 for 150 and with selenium I've found the average price is around the $63 mark.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 00:49

yes it is expensive, but my nutrition-trained GP says its the best and he's right..wonderful list of components that you don't always see in multi's.

Val
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 01:03
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%

I did a comparison chart of about six different multis and agree they seem the best. My local health food guy also recommended them to me ages ago. I'm currently taking the Swisse Ultivite w/o iron but will return to the Tresos B as soon as they're finished.......the Swisse are too hard for me to swallow and work out even more expensive than the Tresos B.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-30-05, 17:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Hi from the sunshine coast.
I buy a lot of mine from alternative health supplies http://svc001.srv002.inetserver-2.c...blic/home.ehtml
I have been especially impressed with the J&B super antioxidant, which my sister and I initially took for our skin, but we found we had more energy. I would hate to admit to the amount of supplements I swallow though
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-30-05, 17:56
Registered Member

BF:

That's the thing isn't it.......Is one multivitamin tablet a day enough , it's the one a day kind, also Vit B tablets, I've been told it's a waste to take more Vit B because out body can/will absorb what it needs.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 02:24

Plan: Keto
Stats: 235/200/170 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress:

Yeh, whey protein, multi, EFAs, green tea extract and creatine.

I get mine from http://www.ultimatephysique.com - they've got a good forum as well if you want to join.