Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-14, 11:17

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 232.8/210/185 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Search Question

I'm not a newbie but this is a kind of newbie question. I can't get any of the search boxes to find anything for me. No matter where I search or what I look for, it finds nothing. Is there a secret? I'm all about researching rather than asking the same question for the 100th time, but scrolling and looking can be very time consuming.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-14, 12:52

Plan: Mostly Primal-LowER Carb
Stats: 312/245/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I read somewhere a few months ago that the search function doesn't actually work but if you type your search along with 'active low carber forum' in your browser, that works. I tried it and, yep, it worked!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-14, 13:06
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Use advanced search and the Google search box. That's my favorite. Or go to google and add site:lowcarber.org to your search params.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-14, 13:12

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

As Pam said, OR go to Search box, but only use ADVANCED search, which basically does the same thing. However that pulls up everything, starting with 2002, and why some ancient threads get resurrected in error. I have best success with more than one search word in the Advanced Box, then check thread titles and dates to find exactly what you want. Short answer is the search function on this forum is awful.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-14, 19:57
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Our search function is not "awful", it no longer exists. Our webmaster had to disable it some time ago because the forum was just so busy, the search function kept overloading it.

Using Nancy's advice is your best bet. Or, you could ask your question here while you're at it.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-14, 04:38

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Sorry, but I didn't know that. Would it be possible to add /update a stickie in the technical forum the current best way to search for information. Beside how to expand a search with those Google + and - operators, I would love to know how to date limit a Google search within this site.
I post on larger V-Bulletin forum with a detailed search function, with date and user limits in the box, but a different version and capabilities. Thank you, Roz!

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Dec-05-14 at 05:02.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-14, 05:14
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I can't help you with the date limiting question, Janet, that is for our webmaster (who is an extremely busy man ) to answer, but I have added this thread to the CHECK HERE FIRST! sticky. The problem with that though, is that very few people actually read stickies. In fact the OP didn't even post this thread in this subforum.