Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-11, 17:34

Plan: Keto and IF
Stats: 181.3/180.6/160 Female 5' 6"
BF:-63.1/-21.3 to go
Progress: 3%

Yay!!! you got it! What a beautiful dog you have there. I got a new baby myself and she'll be 8 months on the 12th. Here's a pic of my girl when we first got her 5 months ago and the next of her a few weeks ago. She's getting big so fast!

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-11, 17:42

Plan: low carb
Stats: 259/162.4/155 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 93%

What a doll! She looks like a real sweetie pie
The baby picture looks way too cute
I bet your kids love her

I got Katie 4 years ago when she was a baby.....
took me a year after loosing my other one to get another but I sure am glad I did.

My other dane raised my kids....so it was really hard when she died.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-11, 09:20
Carnivore

Plan: <50 net/day
Stats: 368/305/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Ooh- can I test this out with my puppy pics, too?

Thor - First day we had him, he was about 3-4 months old

And... more recently

Yay - it worked!

Last edited by TChice : Thu, Sep-08-11 at 09:28.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-11, 10:46

Plan: Keto and IF
Stats: 181.3/180.6/160 Female 5' 6"
BF:-63.1/-21.3 to go
Progress: 3%

Omgoodness Thor is a Beauty too! Is he a husky? I debated between a husky and Rotti. They're both such beautiful dogs. I read that husky's are runners and with kids my door is always opening and I feared the dog would get out. So my Rotti I got
Pets sorry for your loss. Right before I got Liebe I had a rotti named Isis. She was also may baby but her life was very short. I went through a long process of her being ill, going to the vet, trying different meds. Just a little after she was a year it got really bad and we had to put her to sleep. It was a very heart wrenching moment. But myself and all the kids stayed in the room with her the whole time. We wanted to be there for her even though it tore us apart. My house felt so empty when she was gone and I didn't want to feel like I was replacing her but I was so empty. She was my companion, safety and friend. I found a breeder and thought I'd just go see...when I seen Liebe I just knew she had to come home with me. OMG I love her so much! I'm glad i did. It doesn't take at all from the love I have for my Isis.
I'm sure you feel the same with Katy Best wishes to you both.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-11, 10:53

Plan: low carb
Stats: 259/162.4/155 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Oh my gosh..... what a cutie pie Thor is!!!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-11, 11:05
Carnivore

Plan: <50 net/day
Stats: 368/305/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Yes, he is a Husky mix. Think he's mixed as Husky, German Sheppard, and inuit. He's got the protectiveness of the sheppard, the playfulness of a husky, and the sweet disposition of the inuit. He's my baby. He's also going to turn one year next month. Wow.

I know what you mean about not being able to get a new friend for a while. I wouldn't let myself have another dog for a few years after my German Shep died. Hurt too much. I did adopt a cat for a while - she was geriatric and her owner was being moved to a home and couldn't keep her - so, I couldn't not take her in. Had her for about a year, until she passed of old age. After that - I just couldn't hang for about 3 years. Actually - wasn't going to get another dog for a while yet, but this little guy needed a home - and a lot of one-on-one time in a calm, healthy environment, well, I had the time and love - so, I took him. Best decision I made all year - and we bought a house this year too - I like Thor even better.