Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-10, 21:04

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Weakness Problem

Hi...i've been doing this for a few days now and the results are going great. Appetite feels under control amazingly!! Yay!!
Just one problem is that i've been feeling a bit weak lately & i also find exercise a bit harder to do at times. I'd appreciate any advice on how to solve this.

One more thing i wonder about is: do you ensure your entire CM meal is under 4g Carbohydrate? i think i may be sneekily inclined to add more e.g. 1/2 tomato + tsp Ketchup...etc.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 07:39
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
Glad your first few days are good!
how much are you working out? I find that I can do up to 2 hours- then I crump! If you want to give it a bit more time and see.....the first few days on any LC plan your body is adjusting and detoxing.
I found that doing my weights before cardio helped.
Teri works out a lot more than me- maybe ask her?

I don't measure carbs at CM- but I avoid tomatoes and catsup totally for CM. If it's protein and green veggies I figure I'm fine.
HTH-
and HI!
E
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 09:17

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

When I started following CALP, I followed the program for two weeks before introducing my first option of adding GTF Chromium. I intended on adding my second option of exercise two weeks later, but I ended up catching the flu and had to wait two more weeks until I felt better.

Six weeks after beginning CALP, I was well enough to get started with my exercise program. I began with Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds (WATP) but I was so out of shape that I was only able to complete one third of the first mile. The day after I began WATP, I also began weight training since my husband purchased a Bowflex home gym for our family.

My goal was to become fit and healthy and because I have been exercising six days a week for the last couple of years, my body is shaping up nicely even though I have more weight to lose.

My CM's include protein and vegetables and the only time I will add tomatoes or ketchup is during my RM's.

Best of luck to you!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 16:40

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Cleaning your body of carbs is similar to taking cafeine out of your body. Cafeine restriction hurts. It causes headaches, lethargy, misery etc. That is because your body is going through caffeine withdrawal. Your body needs time to make adjustments to this withdrawal. No different from carb restriction. Your body needs time to adjust to withdrawal. It needs to "learn" to use ketones as fuel. Your body is thinking "Ketones, what the heck am I supposed to do with these things? Where's my rice, where's my potatoes, WHERE"S MY SNICKER BARS!!!" Allow the time needed for your body to make adjustments. In the mean time, relax, things will come around and by the time you recover from the withdrawal, you will have lost 10 lbs.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-10, 14:10

BF:

Guys thanks so much for that feedback. I hope to post here more regularly now!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 08:23
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
how are you doing?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 09:49

BF:

Oh gosh..thanks for asking Enomarb...
well....Just before yesterday...i'd lost almost one stone in a month trying to just get to grips with the CAD principles.. During this time i had
spent a week away where i couldn't get to prepare my own food (& had to rely on sandwiches etc.) but i found even one CM meal in a day helped so much to regulate my hunger levels.
Yesterday was Easter Sunday for me so i decided to have a 'feast-day' of sorts.. ...this was the first day i 'let myself off the hook'..and just do whatever. Today..i''m sooo wrecked from eating 'off schedule'. .that i cant' wait to start back with a renewed effort to stay to the CAD way of life.
Despite yesterday i'm so encouraged that i've at last found something i can genuinely stick to. If i had a day of 'bad' eating like i did yesterday in the past i'd be full of regret and despair so to know there is an other option helps so much emotionally too.
But still i'll be avoiding the weighing scales today i think...
Thanks so much for your encouragement. xxx
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 12:19
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Mary-
INHO it is a BAD idea to 'go off' the plan for a day. There is enought flexibility to have an overcarbed RM or a long RM or an unbalanced RM- but still ahve the RM adn 2 CMs. It is MUCH easier to bounce back from that than to have the mind-set that you are 'off' for a holiday or an event or a vacation. I have a very close friend who went 'off' for a vacation 4 years ago- adn has never gotten back to where she was before that. She didn't tell me she went off until after- I think she knew I'd talk her out of it. But she also didn't know she's have such a hard time getting back OP.
anyway... hope today is a good day!

WHere are you from- you must be in the UK someplace???
E
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 19:22

BF:

Hey E..
I'm from Ireland so v.near UK.
Thanks so much for your wise warning & advice.
I do not plan to take that mindset on a regular basis i.e going on holiday.
I know its too easy to make excuses & i take this matter very seriously. i know how much it effects my sense of well-being & i'm generally a creature of habit.
I am trying to settle into this way of life..i do have some way to go yet so i'm a bit wobbly for sure right now.
For e.g. finding portable & hot CM & just the timings also. Not having portable warm CM was one of the reasons i couldnt' stick to this when i was away. I would usually cook something thats a hot CM. Its very cold here at the moment.
i discovered i had a tendency to leave too much of a time-gap between CMs since i was just baffled by the appetite decrease.
Oh well....i' m very determined that this WOE is right for me so..i'm going to give it my all. I suppose its a learning process so i dont' know how long it'll take me to feel 'in the swing of it'.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 06:01
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I have leftover meatloaf and a can of green beans for my CM hot lunch today- I have a microwave in the office kitchen where I can reheat- and a fridge and a toaster oven if I really wanted to use that.
Hope you can find some meals that work for you-
E
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-10, 08:02

BF:

Meatloaf?? i've never had that ever in my whole life...
I will look up that recipe though...it sounds great.
I've discovered going off plan & also not having a balanced RM...caused great troubles for me & has brought back my ravenous hunger...
It must have rasied my overall insulin levels or something.
I've really got to fight the urge to demolish the box of special K cereal in my cupboard. I've also gained 4 1/2 pounds in five days.....
ooh well i've learned my lesson.
What amazes me is how paradoxical it is....Like i'd be hungrier after a huge amount of food (if carbohydrate based) than i was before.!!! It goes against all reason...the only thing that makes sense to me is that 'feast' or 'famine' mode that hunter-gatherers' and cavemen would have had. I think i'm more suited to the jungle way of life.