Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-04, 13:11
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default New chat room

Hi folks,

We have a new chat room that should be more user friendly than our old one, and supports many browsers and OS's. Tested on old Mac's, Linux and Windows, IE, Netscape and Firefox.

To access it, just click on the "Chat" link on the top menu.

If you experience any problems, make sure that:

1. You have your browser cookies enabled
2. That you have java installed and enabled
3. That you are logged in.
4. That you don't have a firewall or popup blocker that blocks our forum URL.

If this does not fix your problem, please let me know, and include as much details about your PC, OS, setup and broswer (including versions) and any error messages you get.

Enjoy.

Wa'il
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-04, 18:00
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi,

A few of us tried it out this afternoon, it was really good and a lot more fun than the other one (well if playing with sound effects is your idea of fun )
My computer went a little nuts on me at one point, but it was most likely my printers fault. I was printing out the help and at the same time clicked on a link that an other person provided - my printer went nuts and started spitting out pages of nonsense (just lines of jumbled up letters) and my keyboard was delayed, it would type 3 or 4 of the same letter and then kind of freeze - . I don't know if what happened next was my fault or not - I went to unplug the printer from the back of the computer, but unplugged the monitor by mistake - then I plugged the monitor back in and the computer rebooted all by itself - . When I finally got back on line I hadn't even been logged out of the chatroom (oh by the way we managed to set up a sub chatroom ok but couldn't figure out the password thingy, probably just a typing error.) all in all it was a lot nicer than the old chatroom. Oh I didn't get any error messages except when I tried to set up a password protected chatroom, I think it said it was an invalid command, that's why I printed the help because you can't copy and paste the commands)

Thanks.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 18:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/160/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Post New to the group and Plan

Hi, my name is Susan. I am looking forward to this new adventure. I have heart disease and it is very important that I loose weight. With help I will.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 19:30
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

its ok but the box you type in is too long and skinny, It was weird I prefer the box shorter and wider, but apart from my prefrence, its good! sound effects are cool
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 20:31
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Wren
Hi, my name is Susan. I am looking forward to this new adventure. I have heart disease and it is very important that I loose weight. With help I will.

Hello Susan, and welcome

You might like to swing by the Introduce Yourself forum and say hello. Other folks would love to meet you and offer some support and encouragement .. and they might not find your post here in this thread.

Best success to you, and good health!

Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 13:31

Plan: none
Stats: 161/161/150 Female 5 ft6
BF:30%
Progress: 0%

[B]hi I am new to chat
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 13:32

Stats: 161/161/150 Female 5 ft6
BF:30%
Progress: 0%

I have a low thyroid and take 150mcg of Thyroxine daily, I have a problem losing weight , does anyone have a good plan for me to follow? Possibly with the simular disease?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 16:11

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillianFun
I have a low thyroid and take 150mcg of Thyroxine daily, I have a problem losing weight , does anyone have a good plan for me to follow? Possibly with the simular disease?

Hi Gillian!

You're not really in the chat room here. You're in a thread about the chat room. When I clicked on the chat room link, I landed back here too. Probably because I have a firewall.

If you click here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php?

you'll see a number of sub-forums listed. One is for introductions -- you might as well swing by and introduce yourself. Another is for thyroid problems. People with thyroid problems and experience discuss issues related to the thyroid there.

Welcome!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: Various
Stats: 196/172/154 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 57%

I wonder if you could make the box for typing a little larger and/or word-wrapped. It all seems to work very well. (I have firefox on Windows XP and I installed the java plugin last week.)
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-15, 19:47

Stats: 156/155/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:
Default How to..........

I find no instructions to use the program. The instructions for starting a journal lead to an Atkins ad.
Please advise where to find instructions.
Thank you.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-15, 20:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7reecy7
I find no instructions to use the program. The instructions for starting a journal lead to an Atkins ad.
Please advise where to find instructions.
Thank you.

Hi there, and welcome to our forum.

Unfortunately, this thread is over 10 years old, and its subject (the chat room) is now defunct.

How about introducing yourself in our Intro forum here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37 You can also see the sticky with instructions on how to start a journal in that subforum.