Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 20:44
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 0/241/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 20%
Angry ready to quit

I need to vent. I'm so dicouraged. That scale will not move!!!!! I have been on this almost three months and only 8 lbs. and that fluctuates. Has this happened to anyone then you started losing alittle quicker? How many carbs do those of you that have lost alot consume aday? I hate to go back to low fat because I feel better on this and it is helping my pcos immensely. But ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I sat down and figured I'v been eating about 1800 calories a day. I seem to drink alot of water. Maybe I need to measure the water closer? I'm between 25-30 carbs a day.
Ohara
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 22:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/159/140
BF:
Progress: 80%
Smile Dont Give Up!

Dont give up! It can be very frustrating, but you have to figure out what works for you.

I've been on Atkins almost 2 years. Lost 75-80 pounds, but it wasnt easy. Nothing worthwhile is! I walk 4 miles a day, and only get about 20 carbs a day. Any more than that and I gain. Though I still have 20 pounds to go - and have for 8 months- I'm doing this for the long term.

Think of it as an experiment. Read as much as you can. Visit as many web sites as you can. But most important, you need to try different things and find what is right for you.

Ask yourself questions. Are you excercising? Do you "do" a lot of caffeine? Are there hidden carbs you are consuming? Are you in this for the long haul? How much time and effort are you willing to invest in yourself?

Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 22:57
Registered Member

Plan: me
Stats: 193.2/193.2/110 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Marie

Last edited by canuckchic : Wed, Jun-19-02 at 05:59.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 09:02

Plan: Scharzbein principle
Stats: 187/187/147 Female 166cm
BF:

Don't quit!!!! As a fellow PCOSer, I know that this is the best diet for us....the low fat diet is no good for us.

I know exactly how you feel, I was like this at the weekend, but I persevered and now I feel back to normal.

I reckon it just takes your body a while to adjust and then it will starting moving nicely.

Don't give up!!!!

Clodagh
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 09:27
Registered Member

BF:
Post thanks

Thanks all for your words of encouragement! I'm going to continue and not have more then 20 carbs aday. Also I'm only going to weigh twice a month. I think I'm consetrating to much on scale. I'm also going to cut exercise to a steady 4xs wk. The last thing I need is 200lbs. of muscle Thanks again,
Ohara
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 09:40
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5ft.2in.
BF:
Wink please don't quit

Hey i did the same thing, i dropped to 20 -22 carbs a day and drink tons and i mean tons of water, I saw the scale slowly move, i started in feb and have lost about 43 lbs!u can do it, just remember you will be thinner, you could be losing inches, when i thought i wasn't losing i tried on old clothes and wow!Big difference, i am always here, just don't give up!u can do it!!!!!!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 10:11
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

HJsmom-Thankyou!
That was agreat inspiration I can't tell you how much hope that gave!
thank again,
Ohara
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:00
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5ft.2in.
BF:
Wink good deal!!!!!!!!!

Ohara, i'm always here, i know it can be frustrating, i see all my friends eating good stuff and i want it too, then i realize, i am eating healthy and changing my body, it's for me all for me, i always thought i had to do it for someone else then that light clicked and i thought ya know tjis is for me, my hubby doesn't care if i weight 6oo lbs, he loves me for me and i am soo grateful but for the first time in a long time i am doing this for me and i am soo determined, i want you to be that way too, we can support each other, i am here and believe me i understand, please keep in touch so that i know your ok. have a great day!!!!!!And remember the only you is a healthy you, god bless, lori
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:34

Plan: Atkins mainly
Stats: 150/148/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

Ohara, the first thing that jumped out at me when I read your post was that you may not be eating enough calories. The general guideline is to eat 10-12 times your body weight per day. You can eat a little less than that, but 1800 is very low. Check out Natrushka's journal if you haven't already...she's the one who showed many of us that increasing calories is sometimes all you need to start losing again.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 02:58

Plan: Scharzbein principle
Stats: 187/187/147 Female 166cm
BF:

HI Ohara

I was thinking about what I eat and do you know I think my problem might be not eating enough

So working on that premise, I think I will try to eat the snacks I used to eat, and drink more water and see what happens.

I am also under a lot of stress too which doesn't help. I am planning a wedding, going back to college in September, working, volunteering for the Special Olympics, running a PCOS support group, living with my partner who's job hunting, and trying to sell my car!!! All at the same time! No wonder I am demented!

ha ha
Clo
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 09:23
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

not2fat and clodagh,
I listened to what you said about not eating enough and ate alittle more meat yesturday then I have been. I also hit the water heavy. This morning I feel lighter!! I know that sounds nuts but I can tell that just one day of more protein more water and 20 carbs. it's going to work! I'm not going to weigh until the first. So as someone told me....it will be an experiment. Your right Clodagh about stress. I don't remember what article I read, but I remember that when you are under alot of stress your body releases some hormone that slows weight loss. Something tells me this might be true!!! It sounds like you have alot of stress. But it sounds like positive stress! (hows that) Really ...getting married is wonderful(to the right person of course!!) education is alwasys positive. Your car will sell and the job will happen. Everything I believe happens when it is supposed to and the way it is supposerd to.Your going through a wonderful time right now to look back on. Really. Have a great day!
Ohara
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 09:37

Plan: Atkins mainly
Stats: 150/148/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

Ohara...that's great that you feel better already! Seriously, not weighing in for a little while is VERY smart...we all tend to jump on the scale to measure our progress and it will probably only bounce around (up and down) for a little while until your body gets back on track...no need to get depressed over this "bouncing around" everyday. Tip: increasing fat is also important when you need to boost calories...fat makes you feel full and you can increase calories more quickly by eating fat than by eating carbs or protein (9 calories/gram of fat as opposed to 4 for protein and carbs), so I recommend macadamia nuts (I also got this from Natrushka). They have a lot of value on a LC plan and can boost your calories up quickly if you find that you are low at the end of the day. Also, you might not have to be REALLY strict with the carbs, some people have bumped them up to 30-40 and lost weight better. But only change one variable at a time to see what works for you...stick with the increase in calories for a while (at least 2 full weeks) and see what happens... Good luck!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 09:47

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

This is a wonderful article as to the nature of the beast when confronting the evil scale!

http:www.geocities.com/somersizing
when there click on to "Why Scales Lie"
This has helped me to realize that the scales are just one tool to help measure progress, but certainly not the only one!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 08:47
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

That was a good article about scales.
Well it was on the 19th that I said I would weigh on July 1, but I weighed two days early because aunt flo, TOM, period whatever one preferes to call it arrived this morning. I also wanted to weigh because it's the weekend. I eat alot of chicken on weekend and things in our home on weekends are not on target with organized meals so I make it up ahead of time so I'm not tempted. I was down 2lbs!!! 10 days 2lbs. and with it being the "time" it is ect... I was HAPPY!!! Thanks to everyones advice a few days ago. It really worked. My next weigh in will be on july 14.
Ohara
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 09:21

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi ohara
Congtats on you 2 lbs loss....WHOOHOOO Stay with us and don't you quit . We are all here for support, so just stop by often and hang in there....it will happen.