Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  4 months without Bread!!!!

View Article Article tools
  #106   ^
Old Tue, Oct-08-02, 10:20
Work In Progress

Plan: G.I. Diet
Stats: 323/284/160 Female 5'3"
BF:Size: 26/24/12
Progress: 24%
Default CONGRATULATIONS...

You Look Great!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Oct-08-02, 11:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Thank you all!!

Pammysue~~~~I walk 4 times a week 4-5 miles each time.I have a problem of frequent stalls & the thing ive found breaks me up is contrary to low carb lololol I'll plan a week or two cheat where I have a few high carb foods each day not overloading just bringing my carbs to about 100 for a few weeks then go back whole hog to induction where my carbs are as close to 0 as possable.then bam I loose 5 pnds a week.I dont practice this all the time as I no it could be addictive behavior Ive actually only did it twice but it works.If your careful to not overload on carbs & eat junk food then you wont gain during your cheat I never cheat on Junk food its usually on flour tortias or higher carb veggies or suger free ice cream but never high carb candies & goodies.One thing Ive also noticed is theres one week a month I'll loose thats during Tom & right after.I had a hormonal imbalane before LC so when I do the planned cheat its thrown my cycle off again so be aware if you have pcos or have had delayed Tom that a planned cheat will throw your cycle for a loop but it will level back out.

Advice ~~~hang in there your day will come if you stick with this no matter how slow it gets many times ive trugged along slow as a turtle deppressed it was going so slow but never have I gave up & thats whats got me to where I am today.Hang in there Im excited to see your before & after photos too!!!!!!
  #108   ^
Old Tue, Oct-08-02, 22:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 313/299/199
BF:
Progress: 12%
Cool you look terrific!!!!!!!

hello melanie 27, i am new to the atkins diet and this web site, but your meesage caught my attention and i have read it from beginning to end and looked at all your pictures and your bio and honestly,
YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!!!!
just seeing and reading about you ahs made me do alot of smiling knowing that we can do it. now that i have been on the diet for 2 weeks and 2 days, it has been hard for me to give up diet soda, do you think that will hinder me from losing weight. I read somewhere that you should drink half of your body weight in water, and in my case i would litterly float away. so can you please give me some of your greatest tips on the diet so that i can have the same success that you have had.
THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!!!!!
and if anyone else has any pointers for me please let me know!!!!
  #109   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 07:08

Plan: CAD + reg. fast
Stats: 214/153.5/135 Female 5'6"
BF:34.5/18/14
Progress: 77%

Welcome Mommac!
Here is something I found out really quickly - mentioned in some of the LC books, and true for myself: The Citric Acid found in some LC foods, as in most of the diet pops as well as jello and the like, interferes with ketosis! I did a test just for that purpose, changed NOTHING in my diet other than added a cup of jello...and my loss instantly stopped. So, give it a thought... I did find some sodas that have no citric acid in them, but I am not sure if I can mention brand names here. . . .
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 08:11
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 260/225/170
BF:30%/20%/10%
Progress: 39%

Hey Melanie,,,

So let me make sure I understand this right. If I start next week and carp up to 100 carbs. Dont eat any chocolate, candy, munchies. But I can eat Carborhydates, Like my Mexican food.
Little bit of Pizza etc. Then try that for 2 weeks, and then carp way down for 2 weeks. To be honest I have been bad on
exercising. I am going to a gym tomorrow and get started there.
I also have a treadmill and started walking 2 miles every other day. I need to try something, I am getting flustrated. I know this diet work, I have seen the results, but I want to hit my goal.
I am envious of you.......lol

Now I did start garbing up on the weekends and I was to have a visit from Tom last week and he didnt show up. You did have problems with that to. Usually I am very regular every 24 days.

I appreciate having someone to talk to who understands.
How do you get those pictures on the website. I will give you pictures.

Mommac: Welcome aboard. You are definitely in the right place.
The way I got off pop, I did it cold turkey. It was tough but I knew it was the only way it would work. I dont miss it. I never thought I would say this but I dont mind water anymore. I drink about 75 ounces a day. I do have to put a Lipton Tea in there once a day though.

Good Luck with your program.

Well Melanie, will talk to you soon.

Pammysue
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 09:39

BF:
Wink

thank you both for your replies, but let me get back on the soda, i have taken it down to diet and no caffeine, but i do probably need to get off it completely. it is just that i need some kind of flavor. does anyone have any suggestions (and if i put a tea bag in it then i need some kind of sweetner). also, i am trying to convert my family to low carb how do you all handle doing that? i have tried so far but having a teen ager and small children they love burgers fries and chips ect.. should i even impose this on them?

Quote:
life is what you put in it;
if you put in junk you will receive junk;
if you put in succes you will receive success

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 11:30

BF:

Thank you Mommac~~ In the beggining I couldnt drink diet pop at all it would stall me water tea & crystal light dont stall me.Now that Im so close to goal I drink diet soda on weekends.You would be suprised how much water will help you loose its really true In the beggining youde half to read my journal someone told me drink up on the water because I was stalling already at week four I up my water & woosh would drop 3 pounds over night. I was so over weight I decded to wait to really get involved in exersise tell I was at a comfortable weight which for me is now So im just barely starting to exersise faithfully to tone up.When I was to over weight Id get out of breath & almost pass out from working out. The best thing I can recomend is go read some of the journals of LC who have been doing this awhile it will help you theres alot of tips in the journal & you can see all the ups & downs along the way at first you will experience a big woosh then you can expect it to slow down to 5 pnds or less a month dont expect more then that because if you do you'll think the diets not working when it is & take your measurmants now every where thighs calves bicepts timmy waist hips under bust bust I also measure above my hips I call it my upper tummy lolol ..Every time my weights slowed down Ive lost inches. My before pictures really dont do justice to what I really looked like because right before I started I was bigger then those pictures. Come by & visit my journal anytime you need advice I'll try & help.You'll get there too!!! One reason on my web site I did pictures at differant stages is I would love to see others at differant stages & wonder what Id look like there but theres no one out there who post not only before & after photos but during I love before & after photos they motivate me but Id really like to see more people do pictures during there progress. Marlaines journal has got great photos too!

Pammysue~~~ Yes you got the picture I tryed that CDK thing upping on weekends & that didnt work its not enough time to trick your body what your going to do is trick it into thinking its not on this WOE anymore you need at least a good week or more just be careful to not eat anything you were addicted to before.As far as pizza I limited myself to two pieces .Basically I had diet soda,SF ice cream,Carrots,tortias from taco salads,sauces with carbs stuff like that I stayed away from the foods I was addicted to.I just added to my LC plan.Then yep go back to induction for two weeks then ease back into OWL .. Oh the web site Go too www.geocities.com & you can sign up for a free website you need either a scanner or a digital camera to upload pictures the web builder has a tutorial theres actually a deal that is real simple. Sooner or latter Im going to add the success stories of others I'll let you no when I do .. & you can email your before & after photos & your story & I'll put it on there. Welp gotta go.....Happy LC
  #113   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 20:37

BF:

thank you for the advice on drinking the water i will really try harder. i can say that today i have gulped down ~48oz and it was not easy. i did go by some though and it helps alot that i put 4 16oz bottles in the fridge and know that i have to drink them in a day. i hope it gets easier as i go, but if not it is a small trade for being healthier.
  #114   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 10:25
Registered Member

Hi everyone!!!!!

Just wanted to stop in and say hi....

Thinks going great. Running alot with the kids. But did get to a local gym. Joined and am going 4 days a week. Working with weights and finally getting going on an exercise routine. I have lost 5 pounds ( very slow 5 pounds) but have lost or maybe rearranged quite a few inches.

Hope everyone is doing great.....

Keep up the success...

Pammysue
  #115   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 01:11

Stats: 180/174/168
BF:17.4%
Progress: 50%

You have got to be kidding me !
Honey the clothes are different - sorry but it very hard to see the differences in fatloss-why dont you show the body not the clothes..?
Sorry if I disappointed you Im just being honest
  #116   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 15:54

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Hi all.!!! Just stopped by to say hi also!! Melanie, as usual you still inspire me!!
Hey, I made it through Thanksgiving,,,although I did cheat, but went right back on the WOE afterwards so didnt gain anything. Took a day and a half to get back into keto tho. I got a question about the carbonated waters.......does anybody drink em?? WalMart has some with no carbs, no sodium, no calories,,,just water and carbonation. I got some from Krogers with 10mg sodium,,,but I was looking at the label and read citric acid and sucralose......I bet it stalls me what do ya think?? Ever since we moved into a house with well water, i have had a struggle drinkng straight water. .....even though we buy it in a big container to drink. I am gonna have to make myself get back into the habit I know, but like some of you,,I need flavor!! And I think I am addicted to carbonation!
Losing inches,,,and thats a good thing.....

CYA lighter
  #117   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 10:12

BF:

Thank you ...

Add some lemon or drink tea Ive done some exepermenting & water with lemon & even tea with caffiene dont stall me I can't drink water plain either. I squirt some lemon juice in it...

I cheated bad yesturday made it through thanksgiving only to cheat yesturday lolol oh well back to induction I gained 10 pnds of water overnight!!! My body doesnt like suger at all!!!I have a headache too..Cheating just isnt worth the consequences!!!
  #118   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 10:18

BF:

Aisha~~~~were you speaking to me???

It doesnt matter what you think really becuase Im sure after loosing 57 pounds there is a defferance!!!!Your the first negative response Ive had so your opinion dont matter any how... I think your relpy was down right rude even if it wasnt to me these boards are for supporting one another not tearing our self asteem down... How would you like some to tear your self asteem down & stamp on it it doesnt feel good!!!
  #119   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 10:25

BF:

As far as showing my body I dont think its right to expose our bodies for millions of people to see online!!! Im Apostolic & its against my beliefs to imodestly expose my body at all!!! Since your so High & mighty lets see your perfect body!!!!!!
  #120   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 10:54
Registered Member

YOU TELL EM MELANIE !!!

Havent talk to you for a long time. Hows it going? I know what you mean about the cheating. I cheated this weekend and I feel horrible this morning, all bloated and feel like I gained 10 pounds. I check I only gained 4 pounds and I am sure that is mostly water. Feel like my body is a sponge and soaks up water were ever it can. I am keeping with my goal. I am still at 36 pounds and 29 inches. Started at the gym last month. Iam going to go gunho these next 3 weeks. Iam inches from going into size 12 pants. Iam going to be in them by Christmas Day.

Hope your holiday was nice.

Talk to ya soon.

Pam