Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  4 months without Bread!!!!

View Article Article tools
  #46   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 19:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%

musicamma~~Im glade I could lift your spirits There are alot of ups & down your doing Great one young lady I no has only lost 8 pnds in her first month.Its something that takes a lifetime comintmant its not fast for most of us but its worth how slow it does come off.5 years ago I lost 44 pnds in 3 months on Adepex I lost it too fast & my health suffered for it Ive been infertile every since then I believe thats what threw my hormones outa balance.& Within 3-4 months of stopping the diet I gained it all back & then some I gained 71 pnds In 4 years One thing Ive learned if you loose it to fast you don't create a lifetime comintmant & learn a new way to eat so once your at goal you go back to the same junk.Thats the one thing about Atkins that has sold me out Ive totally Got control now over what I eat & how much for the first time Im In charge not the Food.I hope you will find also thats this diet truley is a miracle for us its the answer to our prayers about our weight problem.How was church today?I teach sunday school so I was with the kiddies after lunch I got sick so we stayed home tonight.Hope to see ya again Stop by my journal would love to here from ya more.

tiggerlou~~~When I was 140 I too felt fat I keep seeing my reflection as being fat I would love to get more self asteem I do feel better however I no that ive always had low self asteem even when I was thin .I think my self asteem problem goes back to child hood most of ours do.I got teased alot as a kid I guess I hope you too will get that Great self asteem we so need Im afraid of my self asteem now that Ive unlocked the door to weightloss Im afraid I'll end up anerexic I won't no when to say enough your skinny enough you no what I mean ? Welp gota go

I lost 4 more pnds this last week 47 pnds gone now 4 pnds tell my first goals reached Im doing a happy dance Im in the 160's finally!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 00:34

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Thanks again for the encouragement....it always helps. I look forward all day to reading your posts.
Today I wore a dress that I could't wear a month ago, and my husband mentioned that it was really loose on me, almost too much so in the shoulders! Cool!! I can handle that!! . He is an evangelist and we are taking care of a church for a pastor that has been ill and that pastor today told me I was lookiing very nice, and healthy too!! That was a differnt kind of compliment. But I'll take it!!
I teach SS too, the teen girls,,,ages 12 thru 14,,,that gets exciting sometimes. Never boring.
I was considering the bypass surgery when I found this WOL,,,I was that desperate. When I lost all that weight on Physicians weight Loss in 1990 I was in size 12 from 24, and I still saw the fat me in the mirror too, My daughter was 15 at the time,and she tried to get me to try on her dresses but I was convinced they wouldn't fit. When I finally did, I cried because they fit and I still felt fat. It was weird. I kept the weight off for a few months, and then put on twice as much. I went onto a deep depression that lasted months. This time though I know it is for life,,I havent been tempted to cheat once because I really want to succeed.
Keep posting.....
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 07:23
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 260/225/170
BF:30%/20%/10%
Progress: 39%

WOW WOW WOW WOW

Great thread......

I just found this thread and I read the whole thing and I feel
so encouraged. Sounds like everyone is on the right track.

I started four months ago and have lost 20 pds and about
23 inches (approx). The one thing I screwed up on was I didnt take any measurements when I started because I figured that it would be like every other diet and wouldn't work. Man was I wrong. I got real encouraged this last week I went down one
pant size and one bra size. It wont be long till I go down one more pant size because these are loose to. It does feel great. What felt even better is that my husband could not stop talking about it. He has been great. One other thing that is kind of amazing is that I do very little exercise. Alot of running with my kids but to exercise for an hour everyday, I have had to go very slow at that. I was involved in an auto accident 3 yrs ago and I am so afraid to injury my back again. I thought if I lost 20-30 pds before I started exercising hard, then maybe I would not injury my back again. Look forward to exercising full time, then maybe the weight will melt off. (ha ha)

Well it sounds like everyone is doing great. Everyone keep up the great work. Hope you dont mind me adding to your thread.

Pammysue
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 16:57

BF:

Musicmamma~~Its so Great to have some of like precious faith to share with! I enjoy teaching Sunday school I have a daycare at home So Im used to kiddos we have four Daughters of our own ages 11 1/2 ,9,9(stepdaughter),5 going on 6.I left ya a message in my journal too.I'll pm you my Email addy if youde like it we can be pin pals .You have a Great day I got my Graph up for ya too see all the Ups & Downs along the way but you can see with clarity the over all down hill ride

Pam~~ I put my graph up for you too!It may be slow at times but isnt it better to loose 2-5 pnds a month then gain it. I thought it would come off faster but Now it dont matter I no it will & Since this is for life I have time.No hurry thow Id LOVE to be at 140 by Christmas when I see Family Members.But I'll have pateince.Your doing Great WOW 23 inches thats Awsome I was so glade I took measurmants I too was afraid this would be another failed diet But I was wrong & thankful I did take Measurmants.Because sure eenough every time I stall in Weight I loose in inches.WeLP Your very welcome in this Thread please come back again!& visit my journal theres some recipies but ya gotta find Em
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 17:04

BF:

heres my graph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg graph.jpg (6.4 KB, 95 views)
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 18:25

Stats: 240/234/150 Female Five Feet
BF:40%
Progress: 7%
Default Good going

Congratulations, that is wonderful. Whenever I start to say, "does this really work?" someone else comes on here and shows more proof. I wish all the negative people would come to this website and see that this really works and that we are not all dying because we can't have all the so-called "good stuff" in life. Tonight I am having baked chicken with vegetables. I haven't decided on a side dish yet, but that will come to me eventually by the time the chicken gets done. Now, what about that supper doesn't sound like the "good stuff"? Anyway, sorry about getting off of the subject. Good for you for losing all that you have lost.

Have a good day, Belle
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 20:52

BF:

Hi Belle thank you We get Good stuff to we just gotta work harder at cooking! We got to be creative the longer Im on this WOL the more Recipies I come up with So much so my hubby says I need to Write a LC cook book Which maybe In a few years I will.I have all my recipies recorded in my computer so it'll be easy once I get ready to.Check out My Journal you'll find some yummy recipies that'll make you feel like your cheating Everyone thats been oposed to this woe now is either on it or in AWE at my success thus far. Your Success will win them over.People who were afraid to try my LC Strawberry Cream cheese cups or cheese cakes are now asking for my recipies .One Lady said she couldnt hang on this diet because she couldnt have ice cream so I mastered that & came up with my own LC Homeade Ice cream using an icecream maker it tastes Great too I told her on Sunday I have a recipie for her maybe she'll be the next one at church to go on this WOL.The best thing to do for those who think were not getting the so called good stuff is Invite them over for a BarB Q or dinner make all the yummy food we eat & some LC desert they'll half to love. We have a church potluck once a month & thats when I whip up all my yummy recipies & now everyones wanting recipies.Welp better go Im beat

Just pulled weeds for 3 hours in my flower beds what a mess Sweat my but Off better wake up lighter tomorrow after that one.
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 21:59

Hey everyone,,,great to have some new friends! About the GOOD STUFF...i am a meat lover and a cheese lover, so I am eating all the good stuff as far as I am concerned!!
I was up till 3 this morning reading everyone's journals and was so pumped up when I got up this morning,,I drank my water with no flavoring!!! (still not my favorite but I'll make it,,)
Melanie, your graph was so encouraging,,I think I will do that too!! What kind of scales do you have? I have a set of digital, and everyt ime I get on it is a different weight. I got on this morning and it showed a loss of two pounds, then I got right off and right back on and it showed a gain of two! Talk about frustrating! But my clothes were looser!!
Yes Melanie, send me your email address,,,that would be great!!
Well, better go check my journal,,,,this is so fun!!!! Lots better than the weight watchers meetings!!!! Cya lighter!!!!!
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 09:39
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 260/225/170
BF:30%/20%/10%
Progress: 39%

Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting me join in on this thread.

Sounds like you all have it together. Iam going to check out the recipes because Iam running out of ideas. My family is getting tired of chicken. I love to eat meat and cheese also so this diet is just perfect for me. I have had a hard time finding snacks to take to the ball fields. Both my boys are big in baseball, so everynight we are at the fields. Its been weeks since we actually sat down at the dinner table. About one more week and that will end, but then football starts, its endless (but I love it). I have a great cheese cake recipe I can give you.

People are starting to ask me how I am loosing weight. I tell them that it is not really a diet, I have changed my life. Iam no longer a carbaholic. I ate nothing but pastas, breads, spagetti,
etc. I also drank about a six pack of pepsi or mt. dew a day.
on top of that I am an accountant and siat on my butt all day. A diet you eventually go off of. I dont plan to ever change my way of eating now. What is nice is every once and awhile you can cheat and it doesnt hurt. Usually one day a week I will have a piece of pizza, or a bowl of ice cream. What is nice is I dont crave it anymore. I loved ice cream now I will eat it but maybe on scoop and that is all I want. Its great......

Its great to be able to share this everyone. Good luck to all....

LIFE IS TO SHORT, ENJOY IT TO THE FULLEST.

Pammysue
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 10:11

BF:

Hi Pam~~Thats what happened in the beggining too my hubby was sick of just meat & veggies.Karen has some Great Recipies too.Or try the Kitchen.Most of mine I make myself havnt tried no one elses yet besides for Atkins Ice cream recipie Forgive me DRATKINS but Thats to icey for me cut the ruff of my mouth LOL.Try Taco salads too made with ground beef shredded beef or chicken .Also Chile verde is great I use the Green verde sauce in mine because its low Carb. Do this

>>Put a Tri tip roast or thick london broil in the crock pot simmer all day tell tender shred, Pour In one 6 oz can green chili verde sauce Simmer for 1 hr stir in 4 tbsp Sour cream.My family loves this I let them eat the tortias but I just have it without. sprinkle the top with mozerella cheese. I eat a salad with this...

>>For snacks lets see Buy a small cooler lunch box.Fill it with boiled eggs, develed eggs ,dry salami(I dont eat this alot but it is LC & an occasional treat as it has nitrates)but there yummy with cream cheese in the middle like a little taco.My hubby loves pig skins dipped in Ranch dip.Im not a big snacker outa the house so don't have alot of ideas there I do eat my meals in small portions throughout the day however. You can also try the Low Carb Cafe type it in your search browser they got Great Recipies too.

musicmamma~~~My scales a digital plus dial healthometer when I first bought it it would do what your saying guess it just had to get broke in because now I can stand on it 20 X's a day & it doesnt vary much at all besides when Ive just ate or drank Water.I have no will power over the scale I find if I weigh myself as much as I desire I stay on track better As a matter of fact I weigh myself 4 xs a day just to see the fluctuations & keep track .It hasnt hurt me none I love the scale now Its a friend now not a foe. I can't stand plain water I buy packages of Koolaid pour 1/4 of package into 2 liters of water it gives it a tart taste Alot better then plain Water thow.I was using lemon juice but figured out i WAS upping my carbs quiet a bit this way Im carb free.Welp better go the days calling me.
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 00:10

Wow!! I never realized there were so many great recipes!! I am gonna start keeping a notebook of em in the kitchen!! Next time we have our monthly pitch-in at work (at the Christian Bookstore) I will take in something LC and blow their minds!!hehe For some reason they are convinced that all I eat is fried meat!! They are constantly telling me how unhealthy my WOE is. I just smile and go on.
I was just thinking tonight about getting a good healthometer scale. I cant resist weighing every day, no matter how hard I try!! I won't be able to for a couple of weeks though due to the foot surgery, and there is no way I am stepping on the scales with that big heavy orthopedic shoe on!!
This was the best day I have had water-wise, over 200 ounces!!
I put a slice of lemon in the first one,(and counted the carbs) and left it there for all the refills. I feel real proud of myself!
Went to the thrift store today, (its a Tuesday habit) and found the book Protein Power for a dollar, anyone here read it? I just thought I would compare.
Keep posting everyone......this gets addictive!! No matter how late it is when I get in, I hafta check! You all are a great support group!! See ya lighter!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 09:00

BF:

Good for you on the water!!!!

Yes Ive read Protein Power I have it.Its almost just like Atkins I started off on Protein Power when God lead me to read the book that had been sitting on my shelf for a year un touched After about two weeks I decided to buy the Atkins book My step dad had been on it & had lost 30 pnds.So after reading both books at first I combinded the two.Then I reread Atkins about seven times studing from front to back lol Then I went all Atkins & left protein power out I found my CCLL was lower then the 30 grms it allowed & also I wasnt planning on Working out tell I reached my first goal & as much protein as that diet called for & me not exersising I kept seeing in my minds eye that protein converting to gluclose which to much can if your not exersising. Atkins Didnt seem to push protein that much But balanced the protein & fat intake.Just my opinion its still a good book & I use it to figure my BF % & every now & again read it again. But Atkins is my favorite.I feel more alive on it. As far as those skeptics just keep on going on I too laugh inside because I dont eat this HUGE plate of Fried meat either in fact I rarely use Oil any more or butter or margerine Most of my food it unprocessed pure food.Didnt hurt the cavemen & it wont hurt me. Welp gotta go
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 10:33

HAHA!! Never thought about the cavemen!!! I will remember that!!
I guess I had better get to reading, I am so bummed today. Do you have days like that, when you feel like nothing is moving??
I drank over 200 ounces of water yesterday, am in ketosis, but had a 3 pound gain on the scales!! I was so discouraged, but am leaning on the Lord to keep me going., This is where I usually give up, when I don't feel like anything is happening. I bought a skirt yesterday that was a 22, so I am down a couple sizes there,,,but feel so FAT today!! MAybe re-reading the book will help.
Well, gotta go, got some appointments today. I will check in later this evening. Have a great day! Oh,,,,have youever read the ZONE? I got it a few weeks back at the same thrift store, it has a recipe book too, supposed to be low carb.
Cya Lighter!
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 12:15

BF:

musicmamma~~Ive never read the Zone But from what I understand it alows way more carbs & may only benifit those who are not insulin resistant.Also I checked there supposadly LOw Carb bars in the store & they 25 grms Carbs per bar they use Fructose in them Also I think the Zone sorta goes by the Diebetic Diet I dont no thow Just things Ive heard havnt read the book yet. As far as having my down days Oh boy all the Time If your drinking alot of Water you will show heavier on the scales Water weighs as much as it did going in I always Have fluctuations throughout the day I may wake up 168 but by the time bed time comes around Im 174 Usually before I loose a few pnds at once I'll gain some water weight then WOOSH I'll loose the water with some extra weight.Ive been fustrated at times But never thought about giving up reasons why I feel better then Ive ever felt ,I can eat a meal & not feel tired afterwards,My Mensus is finally normal, If Im following my plan I don't have the Guilt that dragged my self respect down those things alone are worth sticking in there even without weight loss.Everyone hits that place in the road they gotta resist the temptation to Quit Its sort of lIKE aRE SPIRITUAL WALK If you resist the temptation It gets easier & Easier until finally Were not tempted by it no what I mean? Every time Ive gotten down Ive reminded myself Im loosing not gaining its better to loose that pnd or so a month then gain it. Its went slow for me so I no where your coming from.Im so thankful Ive found these boards you can read in my journal times I was deppressed & down & somone would stop by & maybe just say Wooshhhhhhhh & that kept me going.The people here are Great & supportive.& they are all there or been there.Lift your chin Sis You can do it I no you Can I have Faith you'll succeed!! AWSOME on the Size 22 Your doing GREAT keep it up & Dont give in to temptation.& rEMEMBER JUST LIKE ARE WALK WITH gOD WHEN YOU fALL get back up & dust your knees off & keep going & you will make it to the finish line!!!! I promise!
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 00:07

Thanks so much for the encouragement, it really helped. I dont have any desire to quit, just a little stressed right now I think, got a lot going on.
I looked through the zone,,,way too many carbs for me!! They tell ya to eat bread and all kinds of fruit and milk too,,,no way. 30 grams is about my CCL..not gonna start messing around with a good thing going here!!!
I know what ya mean about being tempted,,,you know,,,it always hits us in our weakest point, and mine is that scale!!! I am gonna ignore it till I get all healed from my surgery, stick to my WOE, drink my water, and in a week or two when I can weigh again, hope the whoosh angel has been by!!
I never thought about my body maybe holding on to some of that water,,,come to think of it,,it has to be in shock cause I never drank water before, always diet pop, 7 or 8 a day!! I will keep on keeping on.........When ya gonna email me???
Gotta go, gotta get up early........cya lighter!