Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  4 months without Bread!!!!

View Article Article tools
  #121   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 12:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Wow almost a size 12 you go girl!!!!!!Thats Awsome!!! Im like a spunge too but I loose water weight fairly quik so I no I'll be back down by wednesday but I hate feeling bloated.. I had a nice thanksgiving at the in laws it was great & I made it through the day only cheating on the filling of a pumkin pie slice. Nothing alse apealed to me... Im post Ovulation so thats why I had intense cravings yesturday Im going to half to keep them in check the next week in a half tell Tom arrives.. Missed ya too Pammysue!!

Sorry ya all I just got mad that someone had to critisize me I shouldnt have let it bother me but it did I no I look differant now than at 215 & everyone around me can't stop compliminteing me so who cares what one negative person thanks someone once told me negative people tare down others cause there unhappy with there selves. Aisha maybe you dont understand why every 10 pnds I put a new picture up if you read this whole thread youde no it wasnt for seeing a differance it was because I wondered what I would look like at 180,170,160 ect ect & I thought maybe theres others out there who might wanna see pictures of not just before & after but on the down hill ride also.. It was to inspire others not for critisizm! Maybe Im an Atkins die hard & I go too far but thats what it takes to make this WOE a lifetime change not just a diet..

Welp again Im sorry I got upset..Im sure all my buddies understand...
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 12:54

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Keep posting those pics!

I totally agree! Please don't let one person dissuade you from doing what you are doing! I see a huge difference especially from your first photo! I "lurk" here often to see your progress as YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION! Thanks for sharing!
  #123   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 20:31

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Honestly Melanie,,,a person would have to be blind not to tell the difference,,,for one thing....lookat your face!! Dont pay any attention to the negative comment,,,you have enough of us supporting you and applauding your success to let that one bother you. Like you said,,,this is all about support, not tearing down.

I have found a low carb buddy at work,,,we are going to start working out three times a week, and be accountable to each other. Lookiing forward to some inches coming off bigtime!!

Went to the chiropractor today, I had pulled my back out moving furniture ..and while he was adjusting me he found a knot on the back of my neck,,,,said for me to go to the doctor because it looks like a fatty tumor,,the kind that grows fast and since it is not in a good place, near my brain stem,,he was concerned. Say a prayer..I am kinda nervous!!

Still being faithful to the WOE!!!

CYA lighter!!
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 12:04

BF:

just popped in to give my new stats
62 pounds lost
82 inches Gone forever!!! its been a year & 21 days On Atkins & Im still totally in LOve with this WOE!! I havnt worked out in a very long time & I have New Mucel Mass Everyone thinks Im working Out with weights LOL Guess its all the Protein.. Im going to list all the Medical benfits Ive had On this WOE
Was Diebetic now theres no Sign Of Diebetis!!
I also had Irrital Bowl Syndrome for 9 years its totally Gone!!
Have PCOS all symptoms Gone
including Acne,Cysts,Annovulatory cycles,Irregular Long 130+ day cycles now perfect 32 day cycles & Im ovulating again for the first time in years. Theres absolutly NO acne My face looks healthier then ever!
My triglisterides were in the High 300's now in NOrmal range
My good Cholesterol was Low only 25 Now perfect
My heart attack ratio was 6.9 Extremly high now I dont have a heart attack ratio. No one can ever convince Me Low carb is dangerous to my Health Ive seen a Miracle in my Body since the first week on Atkins. When I get to my Ultimate Goal 135 I aim to Give Atkins my success story. God & Atkins gave me back my life!!! Thank you both!!!Heres my newest picture taken today in a size 8 suit!! its a little blury my camera batteries are low. Happy & Healthy weightloss!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im001061.jpg (8.4 KB, 83 views)
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 12:39

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default You lool wonderful!

Congratulations on the size 8 suit! All of the additional health benefits are sure worth making the life change. You should be so proud of your accomplishments. I look forward to seeing your success story on the Atkins site
  #126   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 14:46

BF:

Thank you Trish

Still havnt heard back from Atkins Guess they probably get alot they gotta review. Oh well If I dont make it Im still doing my part spreading the word through my web pages. Weve all seen so many +++++ chages in our bodies & health. I saw Atkins on the view they got me so mad There so criticle of this WOE The old saying shouldnt Mock it tell you try it comes to me. I ordered Atkins for Life and am looking forward to the rest of my Life now that I have Hope! Welp better get just thought Id Pop in & thank you Trish for your reply Happy Loosing!!!
  #127   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 23:35

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Melanie,,,where are you??? I am worried!!!!

Check in and let us know whats up!!!!

Cya lighter
  #128   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 13:50
Krazy Karb Kel

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 174/154/135 ? Female 5 feet or so
BF:not sure....
Progress: 20%

Melanie -- I agree with most! You are an inspiration.. hope you are doing well. Also to disagree with prior post-- You can so see a body change even with the clothing difference. You look marvelous, I'm sure you feel great too! More power to you! Sometimes people say things because they are feeling bad about themselves, or jealous. Let's just pray for her and her well being..

Keep up the great work. Hope the exercise and baby stuff is going well.

Kelly
  #129   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 06:12

Plan: ?
Stats: 1/1/1 Male 1
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Just surfed by

Hi Melanie,
don't really know how I got here, but congratulations on all your success, I visted your website, and you truly inspire me.

You have done great and to me as a newbie still in the first weeks of induction, you have shown just what a great blessing will come from sticking with this plan over an extended time.

thanks for your ethusiasm and commitment.

Graeme
  #130   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 13:14

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

Congrats to you!
  #131   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 08:57

Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi Melanie,
Was surfing through some success stories here and noticed how long this thread had been around. I took a look at your web site and when I first saw your latest after picture I thought it was one of your daughters! When I finally discovered in the latter part of the thread that it was you now I was blown away! I can only imagine how good you must feel! You are an icon of inspiration! Thanks!
  #132   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 21:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 293/293/150 Female 5 ft.  6 in.
BF:
Progress:

Hi, I am new to this site and was wondering if you were pentecostal?I am.I hope you don't mind me asking.
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 14:59

BF:

Im back after 2 1/2 yrs away I achieved my biggest goal which was to get pregnant with # 4 & I did she's now 2 & I'm now ready to get back down to my goal weight Atkins is the only way Ive ever been able to loose weight & keep it off for so long I stayed down to 170 until September of last year then threw making candy for the holidays I GAINED 35 PNDS !!Im not sad or depressed about it because reading my success story again gave me inspiration that I CAN DO THIS AGAIN!!!I'll check in once a month & let you no where I'm at
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-06, 18:20

Stats: 290/290/185 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress:

way to go, keep up the good work. The white stuff is not worth it.
  #135   ^
Old Thu, Jul-06-06, 00:34
Registered Member

Stats: 230/210/185 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress:

wow, that was great!!! i hope i cpuld also do that to lose some weight..