Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1666   ^
Old Fri, May-12-17, 08:27

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bernie, sorry you are crazy busy I swear we 'work' our lives away most days but sometimes that is good if ya 'love your work' I guess HA

I hear ya on deep cold to hold off meds. heck they are expensive even for the small dogs LOL

JO, yea booked fast trip to Lake Greenwood SC. campground site on lake. kayak and fish and great weather. 81-89 and all sun each day.

and yes I need this again cause it is icky in NC where I am. haven't even opened pool yet, too dang cold and rainy. why bother? SO THIS trip is my get-away into a better mood trip HA

Yea I wish she would practice and I get kids are super impatient....but ya know when about 7 I wanted flute and I DID the work involved. I was first chair all thru school cause I loved it, I guess she don't love it enough?? oh well, kids, in all honestly who knows what they will do and when HAHA

I remember Mom said before that I sucked and the squawk from the flute drove her and Dad nutso! But she said when I 'got it' that they loved hearing what I was playing LOL I know when I got to stand as first chair and do a solo she said they were just so proud their little kid did so well.....I love memories like that.

HEY GUYS my kid got Valedictorian for 6th grade graduation

I didn't know they did that in 6th HAHA

well happy cause we are so proud she is so smart and just in that 'happy parent' situation-----now I just hope she KEEPS her smarts thru teenage years LOL

ok off to get crap done!

great day all
Sponsored Links
  #1667   ^
Old Fri, May-12-17, 10:15

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Karen... Huge congrats 🎈 to DD on validictorian award 🥇. What an awesome job! Have a fantastic time on your vacation!
De... I know you are leaving soon have a great vacation!

Jo... you betcha us 4 warriors will keep our little thread going. I need it for accountability and to have support from like minded peeps!
When you staying on plan 💯 living life not much drama! Thank you lord but it still is great to always hear from
Ur warriors!
Have a fantastic Friday and take care of yourself!
  #1668   ^
Old Fri, May-12-17, 10:45

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Warriors

We are leaving for vacation early tomorrow morning, which leaves me a lot to do today!

Looking forward to different scenery and some relaxing.

I am taking another trip next month, just me and my grandson on the plane to visit with his cousins for a week. Wish me well on that one! I volunteered to watch him for most of the summer. Granddaughter will still be in daycare 3 days a week to keep her spot. We might be moving by next summer if all goes as planned. That will be a huge change.

Food is good, taking what we need for the road. I should be able to check in a couple times while we are on our trip.

TGIF ...EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END!
  #1669   ^
Old Sat, May-13-17, 04:26

BF:

HI Bernie and DE and JO!!

hey DE ya might be moving sooner than later? where is this wonderful retirement area you are heading? WOW, I don't ever want to push years but I would love my retirement move to happen today HAHA

HI ALL
fast post
packing rv for trip tomorrow
usual stuff. misty rainy icky day but weather for trip seems perfect! very high 80s and all sunshine, yes I am in my glory!!

great day everyone!!
  #1670   ^
Old Sat, May-13-17, 13:59

BF:

Hello warriors,

De... Have a fantastic trip enjoy every moment! How exciting retirement next year and you so deserve that too!
Karen... have a fantastic RV trip! It is so exciting!
Jo... hope you are having a spectacular Saturday!

Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1671   ^
Old Sun, May-14-17, 03:04

BF:

Happy Mother's Day Warriors!

Have a spectacular on-plan Sunday!

Enjoy the day!
  #1672   ^
Old Sun, May-14-17, 06:21
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Mothers' Day, 14 May 2017

Happy MOTHERS' Day, WARRIORS!!!

Wishing each of you a totally spectacular Mother's Day in every single way possible! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

I know Karen and De are on adventures! Wishing both of 'em safe travels and loads of fun!

Was MIA yesterday b/c I was at a teacher training from 7:30a to 3:30p. Hey they paid me $100 to be there!

In-service day on Friday wasn't too bad. Spent the morning doing 'whatever' we wanted as per principal's directive. Music teacher and I got together to hash out the music for 8th grade promotion ceremony... he'll play piano and I'll play my guitar. Sweeeet!

Side note:
Imma starting to run out of quotes, gonna have to start scouring the internet for more "food for thought" b/c I don't wanna start repeating/recycling 'em yet!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"P.S: There’s Hope!”
~unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, yea booked fast trip to Lake Greenwood SC. campground site on lake. kayak and fish and great weather. 81-89 and all sun each day.
Sounds like "Karen" weather to me! Right ON! I know you'll have an über good time!
Quote:
and yes I need this again cause it is icky in NC where I am. haven't even opened pool yet, too dang cold and rainy. why bother? SO THIS trip is my get-away into a better mood trip HA
I hear ya, girlie!
Quote:
Yea I wish she would practice and I get kids are super impatient....but ya know when about 7 I wanted flute and I DID the work involved. I was first chair all thru school cause I loved it, I guess she don't love it enough?? oh well, kids, in all honestly who knows what they will do and when HAHA

I remember Mom said before that I sucked and the squawk from the flute drove her and Dad nutso! But she said when I 'got it' that they loved hearing what I was playing LOL I know when I got to stand as first chair and do a solo she said they were just so proud their little kid did so well.....I love memories like that.
at your learning to play the flute... hey we all gotta start somewhere! With practice, it does get WAY WAY better!

I play "at" the flute as well, don't spend enough time to get really good at it, but then I have soooo many hobbies etc... maybe "one day" eh???
Quote:
HEY GUYS my kid got Valedictorian for 6th grade graduation

I didn't know they did that in 6th HAHA
NICE! I know you and your DH are very very proud of her! WTG!

That's so cool that they do valedictorians at her school probably b/c she in the highest grade there and getting promoted to a Jr HS or Mid-school for 7th-9th grade...

Tell her we're PROUD of her too!
Quote:
well happy cause we are so proud she is so smart and just in that 'happy parent' situation-----now I just hope she KEEPS her smarts thru teenage years LOL
Good LUCK with the teenage years!

They weren't bad at all for me. My girls were never a worry, especially about school and school work and they thought the boys their age were too immature. So that kept a lot of drama out of our lives for sure! And we moved every 2 years as an Army fam, so that helped as well!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Jo... you betcha us 4 warriors will keep our little thread going. I need it for accountability and to have support from like minded peeps!

When you staying on plan 💯 living life not much drama! Thank you lord but it still is great to always hear from Ur warriors!
I know exactly what you mean, dear friend!

That's why I keep coming back to our HC A '72 thread, for the accountability, inspiration, motivation and encouragement from our "like-minded" warrior sisters!

Nothing compares with people that totally understanding exactly what we have to eat and knowing the key to success is to stay 100% OP today and let tomorrow take care of itself! No EXCUSES ever!
Quote:
Happy Mother's Day Warriors!

Have a spectacular on-plan Sunday!

Enjoy the day!
Thanks and you too, dear Berni!

HEY girlie, looks like it's just you and me holding down the fort until the other girls return from their much needed vaca destinations!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
We are leaving for vacation early tomorrow morning, which leaves me a lot to do today!

Looking forward to different scenery and some relaxing.
We'll miss you in here!

Hope you get a chance to post whilst you are away!
Quote:
I am taking another trip next month, just me and my grandson on the plane to visit with his cousins for a week. Wish me well on that one! I volunteered to watch him for most of the summer. Granddaughter will still be in daycare 3 days a week to keep her spot. We might be moving by next summer if all goes as planned. That will be a huge change.
Since you are taking GS to visit his lil cousins, does that mean you aren't going to see your DD on this trip??

Nice that you volunteered to watch your GS over the summer break. If GD is doing day care 3 days a week, does that mean you'll be watching her the other 2 days? I hope it doesn't become overwhelmingly stressful for you, my dear friend. You know I worry!

Wow, so you really are thinking about moving when your DH retires...

I know you'll keep us posted on every aspect of that!
Quote:
Food is good, taking what we need for the road. I should be able to check in a couple times while we are on our trip.
I know you'll have NO REGRETS food-wise whilst on your vaca b/c you're a WARRIOR Member of TEAM 5%! Woot! Woot!

We always hear peeps in here talking about how they just didn't stay OP while on vaca for various reasons, usually b/c they DIDN'T want to!

Eating OP is a choice every.single.time!
  #1673   ^
Old Mon, May-15-17, 05:04

BF:

Hello warriors,
Hoping everyone had a fantastic mother day!

Karen... hoping the weather is great and you are enjoying camping trip and all the fun activities!

De... safe travels if you are still on the road. Have a fantastic vacation! Who knows you may find your retirement location !

Jo.... Back to work for me and you! Temperatures are expected in the high 70's and 80's this week! I am ready!

Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
  #1674   ^
Old Mon, May-15-17, 06:00
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 15 May 2017

Happy Monday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Holy Hannah!!, already mid-May where does the time go????

Wow, 2 more weeks (10 days to be exact) of school left for me! Woot! Woot! Imma so ready for it to be over....then about 6 weeks into summer, I'll be READY to go back.... 2.5 months is a looooog time to be off!

"I have chosen to be HAPPY ,
It’s good for my HEALTH!”

~Voltaire

Berni:
Quote:
Hoping everyone had a fantastic mother day!
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's day too, girlie!

Mine was a "normal" Sunday with the assorted activities I usually have to do around here.

Each of my DDs sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers...I keep tellin' 'em to stop wasting their $$$ on cut flowers, but do they listen? NO! It really was lovely of them and we spoke for like 3 hours on the phone yesterday!

Wish I lived in Phnx to be with 'em but I ain't ready to retire from this sweet gig I have right now...
Quote:
Jo.... Back to work for me and you! Temperatures are expected in the high 70's and 80's this week! I am ready!
Yeppers, back to work we go!

Sounds like the kinda weather we are gonna have as well, high 70s to low 80s all week!
Quote:
Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
Yeppers, you too girlie!
  #1675   ^
Old Mon, May-15-17, 14:41

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi All,

I hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day. We are enjoying our 2 days at the beach in Oregon. We have a beautiful ocean view from our room. The pups are loving their time running on the beach. They travel really well.

Tomorrow we head up to Washington for our stay in the vacation rental home. We will explore some more of the area.

We love the scenery in the PNW. So opposite of the desert. So green and lush.

I over packed on the food, something I will keep in mind for our next trip.

Have a great week friends.
  #1676   ^
Old Tue, May-16-17, 01:27

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.8/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%
Default Hi Jo and everyone!!!

Well, I've been "gone" for awhile, and gone from this particular thread, but I've actually NOT been gone. I kept popping in and out for a shamefully long period of time, bobbing up and down with weight according to my emotions, and I got embarrassed to keep starting and then soon quitting a program. That business got real regular, and I had to stop it. So after a number of months indulging my emotions with my drug of sugar, when I came back on February 13, I decided to keep a very low profile and just did my thing within my journal. I banished myself from this thread and decided to NOT show up back here until I had some real time and success under my shrinking belt. I felt I had to earn coming back here, because all of you are so successful and serious about A72.

On February 13, I gave myself 13 weeks to lose around 16 pounds. I had gone back up to nearly 157 (156.8 to be precise), and I was determined to reach 140 by the time we went to Hawaii on May 16. I figured that was a reasonable period of time to lose 16 or so pounds. Of course, I followed A'72, but no cheats this time, and it has finally become a happy and comfortable way of eating for me. My emotional eating has finally disappeared, my sweet tooth has disappeared, and although I'm not yet to my ultimate goal of 130 (not sure how long it will take to get there), I did reach my goal of 140 in the 13 weeks I set for myself. I'm beyond pleased because I have NEVER reached any sort of goal before in all these years of doing Atkins. Never!

So since I've had this success and kept on plan, I figure I finally deserve to slink back into this forum again as a "real" A'72 lifer, because I intend to eat this way forever more and I'm totally committed to it. And finally, I can do it.

We leave for Hawaii Tuesday evening, and this trip will be far different from my previous trips, when I always came back up in weight and then completely fell of the Atkins plan for months and months after that. Not this time! While there, I'll just keep eating as I have been the last 13 weeks, and I have no worry about messing up at all. This is how I eat now, and it works. I've become perhaps a bit of a fanatic about not eating off plan. I won't do it!

My loss of 16 pounds makes an incredible difference. I'm in all my smallest clothes again, and I even fit into some I've had around for.....gulp....15-20 years without being able to wear. They fit! Everything fits! The biggest difference with the clothes came about 5 or 6 pounds ago, although I did notice smaller changes along the way. The biggest thrill was that I got a bunch of clothes recently that were SMALLS....all of them, and that's new for me!

So off to the islands in about 10 hours, and this is the best shape I've been in for any vacation in a very long time.
  #1677   ^
Old Tue, May-16-17, 10:19

BF:

Hello warriors,

Carole.... what an awesome job losing all that weight!
I am so proud of you and happy for your wonderful achievement! Stop in anytime! We luv to hear from anyone who is trying. No matter where they are in the journey! I know you will do fabulous in Hawaii! You have this!

De... so glad you are enjoying your vacation you sound like you are having a terrific time. Enjoy yourself you deserve every happiness!
Hello dear Jo have a terrific day!

Warriors have a terrific Tuesday and take care of yourself!
  #1678   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 05:44
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Hump Day, 17 May 2017

Happy Hump Day, WARRIORS!

Wishing everyone a totally wondrous Wednesday in every single way possible! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“...as long as you look upon being off your (low-carbohydrate) diet as part of your future plans, you will NEVER solve your weight problem. This can only happen when you accept the reality that if you have a weight problem, you must STAY ON A DIET FOR LIFE.”
~ Dr. Atkins A '72 pg 157

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hi All
Hiya, De! Imma glad you checked in!
Quote:
I hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day. We are enjoying our 2 days at the beach in Oregon. We have a beautiful ocean view from our room. The pups are loving their time running on the beach. They travel really well.
Hope you enjoyed your Mom's day as well! Your surroundings sound breathtaking!

That's terrific that the furbabies travel well!
Quote:
Tomorrow we head up to Washington for our stay in the vacation rental home. We will explore some more of the area.

We love the scenery in the PNW. So opposite of the desert. So green and lush.
I hope you find your retirement area... are you looking around where your DD and her family lives??
Quote:
I over packed on the food, something I will keep in mind for our next trip.
Better over packed then under packed...
Quote:
Have a great week friends.
Thanks and I know you will too!

Carole:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCM
Well, I've been "gone" for awhile, and gone from this particular thread, but I've actually NOT been gone. I kept popping in and out for a shamefully long period of time, bobbing up and down with weight according to my emotions, and I got embarrassed to keep starting and then soon quitting a program. That business got real regular, and I had to stop it. So after a number of months indulging my emotions with my drug of sugar, when I came back on February 13, I decided to keep a very low profile and just did my thing within my journal. I banished myself from this thread and decided to NOT show up back here until I had some real time and success under my shrinking belt. I felt I had to earn coming back here, because all of you are so successful and serious about A72.
Imma so glad you came back in here...
Confession time: I have your journal "tagged" so I've been checking up on you...didn't wanna intrude so I just lurked...

Imma really sorry that you felt you had to 'banish' yourself from our thread! I hope you know that you are always welcome here!
Quote:
On February 13, I gave myself 13 weeks to lose around 16 pounds. I had gone back up to nearly 157 (156.8 to be precise), and I was determined to reach 140 by the time we went to Hawaii on May 16. I figured that was a reasonable period of time to lose 16 or so pounds. Of course, I followed A'72, but no cheats this time, and it has finally become a happy and comfortable way of eating for me. My emotional eating has finally disappeared, my sweet tooth has disappeared, and although I'm not yet to my ultimate goal of 130 (not sure how long it will take to get there), I did reach my goal of 140 in the 13 weeks I set for myself. I'm beyond pleased because I have NEVER reached any sort of goal before in all these years of doing Atkins. Never!
HUGE HUGE Congrats on reaching your goal!

Hey let me know if I can add your name on our HARD CORE A '72 Warrior "MAINTAINERS" list on the first page of this thread!
Quote:
So since I've had this success and kept on plan, I figure I finally deserve to slink back into this forum again as a "real" A'72 lifer, because I intend to eat this way forever more and I'm totally committed to it. And finally, I can do it.
That is so great! Remember we're here to help support and encourage you every.single.day!
Quote:
We leave for Hawaii Tuesday evening, and this trip will be far different from my previous trips, when I always came back up in weight and then completely fell of the Atkins plan for months and months after that. Not this time! While there, I'll just keep eating as I have been the last 13 weeks, and I have no worry about messing up at all. This is how I eat now, and it works. I've become perhaps a bit of a fanatic about not eating off plan. I won't do it!
I don't think there's anything WRONG with being fanatical about eating 100% OP! IMHO, no one really CARES if we eat off plan or not... but our good physical/mental health, self-esteem etc depend on that very FACT!

Yeah, Imma fanatical about eating 100% OP too b/c it's my CHOICE!
Quote:
My loss of 16 pounds makes an incredible difference. I'm in all my smallest clothes again, and I even fit into some I've had around for.....gulp....15-20 years without being able to wear. They fit! Everything fits! The biggest difference with the clothes came about 5 or 6 pounds ago, although I did notice smaller changes along the way. The biggest thrill was that I got a bunch of clothes recently that were SMALLS....all of them, and that's new for me!
What awesome scale and NSV you've accomplished! YOU ROCK!

Quote:
So off to the islands in about 10 hours, and this is the best shape I've been in for any vacation in a very long time.
You gonna be "one hot lady" on the Hawaiian beaches! You've GOT THIS!

Berni:
Quote:
Hello dear Jo have a terrific day!
Thanks, girlie, I WILL b/c just like staying 100% OP every day, attitude is a CHOICE!

Hope you have a terrific day as well!

Karen: Aren't you due back from your mini-vaca any day now??? I know you're having an über good time and don't wanna leave!!!
  #1679   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 11:45

BF:

Hello warriors,

Karen.... hope you had a wonderful vacation!

Jo.... great to see you! Luv the inspirational message!

Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1680   ^
Old Thu, May-18-17, 07:26

BF:

HI WARRIORS!!!

trip crazy

$1,100 in truck repairs

what a long couple of days here but fun and pain at the same time, I know ya'll know these kinds of days

have a crapload of stuff to do....no chat time, will be off a few more days to take care of life here.

thank goodness I brought TONS of my food on this trip or if I didn't have it available I swear I would have eaten off plan but I made sure I had my choices available and at all times a warrior makes the right choice!! THAT IS WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR BECOMING A WARRIOR!

just alive and good and on plan and feeling great, just life is trying to slap me down right now HAHA

take care all and be back later
Closed Thread