Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1621   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-17, 13:42

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

De... how are your fur babies!
Jo... hello there great post this morning to get our thread rolling!
Karen... hello there!

Today is crazy one of my clients is rolling off from corporate to be independent co. Go live 5-1. Going to be doing final audits and audit testing balances this weekend!

Leave Monday for Connecticut to work on audit at client. Will be back on Thursday evening! I will be working days so maybe posting later but I be here! I also will be 100% on plan no matter what comes my way!

Have a fantastic Friday and take care of yourself!
Sponsored Links
  #1622   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-17, 14:28

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Friends,

Pups are finally starting to feel better. I got to get out today and spend time with son & granddaughter.

TGIF

Time seems to be flying by. Vacation in a few more weeks. Looking forward to it.

We are having a cold windy day today. Had to wear long pants and long sleeves!

I fixed myself a small steak yesterday. I haven't had that in awhile. Was good with a small salad

Not a lot going on right now. Hope everyone is having a good day
  #1623   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-17, 05:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Talking Saturday, 29 April 2017

Happy Saturday, WARRIORS!!!

Wishing each of you a totally spectacular Saturday in every single way possible! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"This WOE is like marriage, you can’t CHEAT on it and expect it to WORK!"
~unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ [/QUOTE]
Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Jo... hello there great post this morning to get our thread rolling!
Thanks, Berni! Gotta keep our Warrior Thread active eh?
Quote:
Today is crazy one of my clients is rolling off from corporate to be independent co. Go live 5-1. Going to be doing final audits and audit testing balances this weekend!
Sorry to hear that you've got to work this w/e...bummer! Hope you find time to just chil-lax and take care of YOU!
Quote:
Leave Monday for Connecticut to work on audit at client. Will be back on Thursday evening! I will be working days so maybe posting later but I be here! I also will be 100% on plan no matter what comes my way!
Imma so glad that you're going to be able to post whilst you are on your business trip!

I know you'll stay WARRIOR Strong in Connecticut, you always do b/c you're a WARRIOR Member of TEAM 5%! Woot! Woot!

Seriously, we've worked to ding dang HARD not to stay 100% OP every.single.day b/c the negative consequences of off plan eating are so NOT WORTH it!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hi Friends,

Pups are finally starting to feel better. I got to get out today and spend time with son & granddaughter.
Glad to hear your furbabies are feeling better and that you got to spend the day out with your DS and DGD!
Quote:
Time seems to be flying by. Vacation in a few more weeks. Looking forward to it.
So when do you leave for the PNW? You renting a place like you did last year? Is this a fam get-together or just a couple's trip for you and your DH?
Quote:
We are having a cold windy day today. Had to wear long pants and long sleeves!
Yeppers we're experiencing the very same thing... I woke up to much needed rain this am! Hope it continues for several hours!
Quote:
Not a lot going on right now. Hope everyone is having a good day
Thanks, hope your Friday was equally as good!

Karen: Where the heck are you girlie??? It's so not like you NOT to post unless you're "off the grid" RVing....
  #1624   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-17, 06:20

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

haha JO, just so busy. running here and there. stupid things like kiddo needs this thick stock paper for school project. out I go to get it and it seems the older I get the slower I am moving to get all this dumb stuff handled.

I was off at Moms yesterday to take her shopping and all. she is doing fine thank goodness. at 89 I am thrilled she is on top of her game.

Bernie, woof! you got busy busy time ahead of you. auditing is work I sure could not handle. I can't stay chained to a desk long enough to complete all that work hope it all goes well for you!

DE glad all is moving along good for you. long sleeves! yikes, that is like winter again

HI ALL
just into that stupid busy time. when it turns over I got alot of dumb work. weeds around pool now have to be handled. got some fire ants that have to be dealt with. wanting to clean ALL the windows in the house and all that fun stuff we hate to do but want it clean so we do it HAHA

just rolling along as usual. today is run here and there again. have to hit my 'dollar store' for some junk I am running out of today.

fab day all
  #1625   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-17, 15:16

BF:

Hello warriors,

Just got off of work! Going to go chillax!

One more day and the company ready for go live on 5/1.
Karen... after all that brain work I can't stand being in side either. So out a go even if it just for 15 minutes to breathe and smell the air clear the mind! Once I retire I will never be tiec to a desk again.
Have a spectacular Saturday and take care of yourself!
  #1626   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-17, 20:24

BF:

Hi Gang..

Not much new. I did make fabulous salmon on the grill last night and leftover today. I also made some chicken k-bobs that turned out delicious! Got red leaf lettuce to make a side salad. Good stuff.

Had grandson over today for a few hours...painted, colored, played games, played outside with the dogs, played with cars and trains.

Just chillaxing now! Loving my French press for iced coffee, it does an excellent job.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week-end.
  #1627   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-17, 08:48
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Talking Sunday, 30 April 2017

Happy LAST Day of April, WARRIORS!!!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

The question is not "CAN YOU?" but "WILL YOU?"
~unknown

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
haha JO, just so busy. running here and there. stupid things like kiddo needs this thick stock paper for school project. out I go to get it and it seems the older I get the slower I am moving to get all this dumb stuff handled.
Quote:
just into that stupid busy time. when it turns over I got alot of dumb work. weeds around pool now have to be handled. got some fire ants that have to be dealt with. wanting to clean ALL the windows in the house and all that fun stuff we hate to do but want it clean so we do it HAHA

just rolling along as usual. today is run here and there again. have to hit my 'dollar store' for some junk I am running out of today.
I hear ya on handling the "stupid/busy stuff" that needs to be done! Hope you got it all accomplished yesterday so you won't have to do anything today but just chil-lax!
Quote:
I was off at Moms yesterday to take her shopping and all. she is doing fine thank goodness. at 89 I am thrilled she is on top of her game.
So glad to hear that your mom is doing so very well!

We all need to be at the top of our game if we're lucky enough to reach her youthful age too!

Berni:
Quote:
Just got off of work! Going to go chillax!

One more day and the company ready for go live on 5/1.
Wow you worked a long day yesterday! Hope you get a chance for a much deserved chil-lax time before you go off on your business trip tomorrow!
Quote:
Once I retire I will never be tiec to a desk again.
Pssssssssst, I'll get some scissors and cut your free from your desk my friend!

WOW never thought we'd be talking about "bondage" on our thread aka tied to a desk!!!

De:
Quote:
Not much new.
IMHO, I'd rather you popped in everyday to post "nothing new" than to be absent!
Quote:
I did make fabulous salmon on the grill last night and leftover today. I also made some chicken k-bobs that turned out delicious! Got red leaf lettuce to make a side salad. Good stuff.
Sounds really de-lish!
Quote:
Had grandson over today for a few hours...painted, colored, played games, played outside with the dogs, played with cars and trains.
Wow what a day you had yesterday! How fun to spend time with only your DGS!
Quote:
Just chillaxing now! Loving my French press for iced coffee, it does an excellent job.

Quote:
Hope everyone is enjoying their week-end.
It's gonna great, hope yours is as well!

Imma counting the # of weekends until Summer Break = 3 more after today!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Apr-30-17 at 08:50. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
  #1628   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-17, 10:59

BF:

Hello warriors,

Jo... happy last day of April! Yepper this warrior does anything to unchain herself from the desk. I have my threadmill desk so I am a walking when I have to do calls or am in meetings! I also walk when answering all my emails. I even walk when I am working on my audit templates. So I a moving with the desk. When I get on site at clients for inventory I keep a walking through thT.

De... menu yesterday sounds delish! I went early this morning to get bags of salad for my trip. Big note at Wally that because of severe weather conditions in California limited lettuce. They had no red, green, romaine or iceberg! Ended up getting spinach😎👍. So I going to make a couple of spinach quiches with the almond milk and take those with on my flight. I can bring food on American as long as it is packed and in my personal items. Cans of tuna can go in checked luggage with can opener. I don't want to check anything so just takin my laptop bag and a carry on. I figure I can get to the store once there. The hotel does have made to order omelette in the morning so I good!
Karen....how you doing! Hope you get some chillax time busy lady!

Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1629   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-17, 19:56

BF:

Hi ya

Bernie, you take quiche on the plane to eat? They let you do that? How does quiche keep for that long? I haven't taken a long flight in several years, not since LC anyway. Short flights I don't eat, just have something to drink provided by airlines. But I don't like to drink much. I get a window seat so don't like to get up for bathroom trips. I don't like isle seats because two times I have had stuff dropped on me, so now I always get a window seat.

This morning was buffet with the family. I ate salad and had coffee. Tonight I has a Chicken k-bob.

Wow, it's already May tomorrow, time sure flies!

Karen ..you are so fortunate to still have your mom around. My mom would have been 87 now if she had lived. I sure miss her and my dad. My dad would have been 88. They both left too soon.

Hi Jo, what ya up to??? Have a great school week...

Our group has gotten small again, wondering what everyone is doing these days.
  #1630   ^
Old Mon, May-01-17, 04:54
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Talking Monday, 1 May 2017

Let me be the first to say:

Happy May Day, WARRIORS!!!

Wishing each of you a totally marvelous first day of May in every way possible! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

"One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to GIVE UP instead of what they have to GAIN!"
~unknown

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Berni:
Quote:
Jo... happy last day of April!
Quote:
Yepper this warrior does anything to unchain herself from the desk. I have my threadmill desk so I am a walking when I have to do calls or am in meetings! I also walk when answering all my emails. I even walk when I am working on my audit templates. So I a moving with the desk. When I get on site at clients for inventory I keep a walking through thT.
Wow you're like the energizer bunny! Right ON!
Quote:
Big note at Wally that because of severe weather conditions in California limited lettuce.
Lettuce short-age??? Wow! I haven't experienced that here... hope I don't! But I'll see when I go there later this week for my groceries!
Quote:
So I going to make a couple of spinach quiches with the almond milk and take those with on my flight. I can bring food on American as long as it is packed and in my personal items. Cans of tuna can go in checked luggage with can opener. I don't want to check anything so just takin my laptop bag and a carry on. I figure I can get to the store once there. The hotel does have made to order omelette in the morning so I good!
That's what I love about all of us WARRIORS, even when we're away from home, we always make sure we have our own 100% OP foods... nothing and I mean NOTHING is gonna stop us from staying 100% OP every.single.day!

That's what keeps us all über successful!

De:
Quote:
This morning was buffet with the family. I ate salad and had coffee. Tonight I has a Chicken k-bob.
Quote:
Wow, it's already May tomorrow, time sure flies!
I know huh?
Quote:
Hi Jo, what ya up to??? Have a great school week...
Imma up to 5' 4" and 114 lbs today!

Today & Friday, normal school days. But Tues-Thurs, all my kiddos are getting kicked out of my room b/c I have to admin the state-mandated test to 8th graders. Have 'puters in my room... this is the last week of this none-sense. Hey it is what it is! But I don't have to like it!
Quote:
Our group has gotten small again, wondering what everyone is doing these days.
Small, cozy and dedicated group!

Imma wondering that myself. I hope all the MIA Warriors are doing well... Hate to say this, but they probably stopped LCing. Terrible thing to say, but that seems to be the reason why most peeps drop out of the forum from what I've noticed. Hope they come back...
  #1631   ^
Old Mon, May-01-17, 05:25

BF:

Bernie, lettuce shortage? wow. must be the drought conditions? good thing you got the 'omelet' as your backup. I also rely on omelets SO much when out and about. A definite easy great choice if needed!

DE, yea!! I hear ya on time. Dad was 1 week short of his 86th birthday when he passed. and that was way too short. and mom being 89 when she passes again it will be the same!! Anyone losing their parents way younger is just horrible!! I can't imagine, I think this isn't enough time but so many get way less. Life can be tough as nails on everyone!!

JO I am the same. those who left the forum usually did fall off LC. Most people commit and hold onto what keeps them faithful and whenever what life threw at them will hold onto what works...when they 'just leave' it is so suspect. Most times it is stopping LC and if they wonder back ya find out if it was that. It is hard but I make sure I hold onto this thread like glue. some days I might be absent but then I pop back and say I am on plan and doing good One person tho, Larry, I don't feel like he is off plan. I feel like he changed over....he crossed to the LC side hard and I think it might be just life things holding him from posting. I bet he pops in and says all is ok hopefully!!

HI ALL
blah feeling
got the storms coming again
big Tstorm last night. alot of rain, which is good, need it before it decides to disappear thru the hot summer.
Mowing is insane. everything growing SO fast. Had to mow around barns which is now almost impossible! Hubby had to bring out the big tractor and mower attachment to handle that LOL
have to work on rv and other stuff to get things in good shape etc. usual chore junk

fine day all
  #1632   ^
Old Mon, May-01-17, 05:57
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO I am the same. those who left the forum usually did fall off LC. Most people commit and hold onto what keeps them faithful and whenever what life threw at them will hold onto what works...when they 'just leave' it is so suspect. Most times it is stopping LC and if they wonder back ya find out if it was that.
Exactly! It's rather sad, but it happens... I often wonder if my stoopid yo-yoing ways would have been banished years ago if I had known about this forum when it first appeared around 2001 or so... know what I mean? Would/could it have made a difference in my LC life b/c this place surely does keep me accountable!
Quote:
It is hard but I make sure I hold onto this thread like glue. some days I might be absent but then I pop back and say I am on plan and doing good
When you said "It is hard" are you talking about our LC WOE? B/c w/o a doubt it is hard since most of the world around us isn't LC friendly...
Quote:
One person tho, Larry, I don't feel like he is off plan. I feel like he changed over....he crossed to the LC side hard and I think it might be just life things holding him from posting. I bet he pops in and says all is ok hopefully!!
I keep scouring the internet for news about him, Imma like a cyber stalker, I have his personal phone # and home addy.
Quote:
blah feeling
got the storms coming again
big Tstorm last night. alot of rain, which is good, need it before it decides to disappear thru the hot summer.
Yeppers you're getting hit with that storm system we just had on Saturday... it was GREAT, we got lots of rain out of it and temps dropped to around 50 for the day! Today it's gonna be in the high 70s... but I agree it will disappear thru the hot summer and we need all the rain we can get before then!
Quote:
Mowing is insane. everything growing SO fast. Had to mow around barns which is now almost impossible! Hubby had to bring out the big tractor and mower attachment to handle that LOL
I hear ya, I wanted to mow over this past w/e but due to rain, it ain't gonna happen until next w/e or one day this week if I get home from school at a reasonable hour!
Quote:
have to work on rv and other stuff to get things in good shape etc. usual chore junk
So when you heading out for another RV trip or are you waiting until DD is out of school? You know we wanna know!
  #1633   ^
Old Mon, May-01-17, 06:04

BF:

What worries me on Larry is if something happened to him or his wife. I get that feeling he is LC for life and nothing gonna de-rail him on that. I now get worried it is life/health stuff keeping him from posting. I hope it is more like HE IS motorcycling around the country and too busy to post

yea the ---it is hard---meant it is hard to combat daily junk around us and we need this forum for support. When I hit this thread it locks in my mind...today is my LC day of eating and nothing is gonna take me off track cause I am a Warrior

next rv trip is June 18 for beach trip after she is out of school.
way hubby's work falls it screws up getting away now.
Just gonna move more when we can around here....like Sat. he has off and kiddo is off school so we are all gonna get the kayaks and go to local lake to paddle away Try to get in some 'mini-fun' days here and there til next trip.

I gotta run and hit a few stores. out of stuff. out of STUFF! BLECK! OMG I hate shopping anymore LOL...especially when I gotta get all for everyone. pain in the butt but I will make it a quicker trip.
  #1634   ^
Old Mon, May-01-17, 07:52

BF:

Hello warriors,

Jo.... happy May Day! Jo, I was thinking the same thing when our warriors drop out they have stopped LCing. I wish they would still stop in an let us know they are okay. Larry, I am worried about I just don't thing he would stop LC. but afraid something happened to his wife or he has some medical conditions!

De.... Yepper I made mini quiches in my muffins top pan. Frozen about half in one container and have the other ready for today. My containers fit into an insulated lunch bag that fits in my lap top bag. So it all comes with. I just pop those little quiche muffins whenever I am hungry!

Karen.... I bet you can't wait for June to get here! Great idea about doing mini weekend vacations.

Okay warriors going to be heading to airport about 11. Takes and hour and flight at 3. I will be checking in to see everyone!
This forum is very important to me and keeps we on track with like minded people always!

Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
  #1635   ^
Old Mon, May-01-17, 09:59

BF:

Happy May Day!

Bernie..the mini quiches are a genius idea. I will try that for our road trip. Glad you explained it!

Hopefully the summer will bring back some missing warriors. It would be great to hear from them or to see some come back!

Have a great day all
Closed Thread