Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1711   ^
Old Sun, May-28-17, 19:12

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Wow..I am so tired today, but I did get the lawn mowed and put a lot of stuff away from the trip.

I am going to Oregon in about 4 weeks with grandson to get some cousin bonding. We are staying a week. My daughter has lots of stuff planned for us to do.

I made a nice salad earlier. Having a steak tonight.

Pups are happy to be home, they did well with the traveling though.
Sponsored Links
  #1712   ^
Old Mon, May-29-17, 04:50

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

DE sounds like a wonderful time!!

22 hrs in the car. I hear ya on that. One thing is nice when traveling we have the RV on long drive times. We stop and sleep, cook, and whatever any time we want. Nothing like having your home behind you when traveling far LOL

Glad you got pups that travel well. Bolt does too. Say the words CAR DOG and he goes nutso. He loves to travel. I say 'we going camping' and he goes ballistic in wanting to get on the road ahh, just funny how the dogs can be LOL

JO, yea you are right. Could easily be ALL that mess that made me off a bit. Funny thing is pizza toppings were useless ya know. Not like even 'real food' in that it did not satisfy me at all. Kinda like eating alot of junk for no good results kinda thing. Now a ribeye, heck yea I know I ate well LOL

Jo no desire for travelling? You don't have any vacation type trips planned at all right now? Oh boy I am in the big travel mode of my life right now

HI ALL
Happy Memorial Day
hubby working, his 4 days off start tomorrow. Not doing anything today.

So I was stupid yesterday. I made a crockpot chuck roast for hubby. They are bagged different now. Not the regular on plastic tray and wrapped. The store now has them in a thick plastic sealed bag. Well, I open the bag, grab big meat, place in crockpot. I COOKED that black whatever plastic bag strip they put under meat!!! I never flipped it over to see if it was there cause I thought, well this is bagged different in plastic sealed and never thought it would have that plastic strip thing at the bottom. I had to throw it all out. Pi'zzed me off big time. Hubby put in a big spoon to grab a bunch of meat and out came that black plastic strip thing. Almost made me gag
So ham sandwiches it was and I got generous and made him a big pile of french fries too....something I never make hardly anymore. Oh well, cooking mistake on my part

waiting still on pool filter part. not in yet. omg!!! Pool is in dire need of filtering and more chemicals but can't do anything until filter part comes in now. What a royal pain.....in the...you know what. All I can say is 'whatever! at this point. It is what it is! Maybe Tues afternoon it will arrive? Who knows at this point. been forever it seems now.

everyone have a fine day!! have fun!! I don't have to say to any of us not to eat junk cause I know us Warriors will not
  #1713   ^
Old Mon, May-29-17, 05:39

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

Happy Memorial Day!

De... welcome back I hope you vacation was spectacular!

Karen.,.. luv the home on wheels. When the kiddos were little that is the only vacations we took. Cheap and we got to do a lot!
I got a nasty sore throat today hurts to talk or swallow!

I be having chicken broth and decaf tea. Beautiful out so still going to
Hit the trail again with the magnum dog. Yepper I do remember our dogs went on every camping adventure they were good travelers. Magnum usually goes every where with me unless it to hot then I can't bring him even for errands not worth it!

Have a marvelous Memorial Day today warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1714   ^
Old Mon, May-29-17, 06:02
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Memorial Day: 29 May 2017

Please take a few moments today remembering all those in active service that died protecting our freedom!

Happy Monday, WARRIORS!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"If you return to eating the foods that made you FAT, you will get FAT AGAIN!"

~ unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Wow..I am so tired today, but I did get the lawn mowed and put a lot of stuff away from the trip.
Sounds like you need a vaca to recoup from your vaca!
Quote:
I am going to Oregon in about 4 weeks with grandson to get some cousin bonding. We are staying a week. My daughter has lots of stuff planned for us to do.
That's great! How old is your DGS? Has he ever been on a plane?
Quote:
Pups are happy to be home, they did well with the traveling though.
That's awesome that your furbabies travel well = no added expense or worries since they don't have to be boarded, etc...

Hey did you guys find the perfect "retirement" area whilst you were on your vaca?? You know we wanna hear the dets!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, yea you are right. Could easily be ALL that mess that made me off a bit. Funny thing is pizza toppings were useless ya know. Not like even 'real food' in that it did not satisfy me at all. Kinda like eating alot of junk for no good results kinda thing. Now a ribeye, heck yea I know I ate well LOL
Yeppers I hear ya on the pizza toppings not being satisfying!

They are probably "engineered" that way = need to eat more to really be satisfied = more $$$ spent at the pizza joint!

Quote:
Jo no desire for travelling? You don't have any vacation type trips planned at all right now? Oh boy I am in the big travel mode of my life right now
You gotta remember that I spent most of my life traveling... When I lived in Europe (w my Dad in the AF or my ex in the Army) we spent every school break traveling. I spent 38 years living in Europe. When we were stationed stateside (married to the ex), we'd travel from West Texas to Florida or NM to Florida every single summer...

I just don't have any desire to travel at this time... who knows I might get a wild hair up my butt and GO GO GO!
Quote:
So I was stupid yesterday. I made a crockpot chuck roast for hubby. They are bagged different now. Not the regular on plastic tray and wrapped. The store now has them in a thick plastic sealed bag. Well, I open the bag, grab big meat, place in crockpot. I COOKED that black whatever plastic bag strip they put under meat!!! I never flipped it over to see if it was there cause I thought, well this is bagged different in plastic sealed and never thought it would have that plastic strip thing at the bottom. I had to throw it all out. Pi'zzed me off big time. Hubby put in a big spoon to grab a bunch of meat and out came that black plastic strip thing. Almost made me gag
So ham sandwiches it was and I got generous and made him a big pile of french fries too....something I never make hardly anymore. Oh well, cooking mistake on my part
OMG! Sorry that happened to you and I know it won't happen again!
Quote:
waiting still on pool filter part. not in yet. omg!!! Pool is in dire need of filtering and more chemicals but can't do anything until filter part comes in now. What a royal pain.....in the...you know what. All I can say is 'whatever! at this point. It is what it is! Maybe Tues afternoon it will arrive? Who knows at this point. been forever it seems now.
Holy Crap...I didn't realize you weren't using your pool yet! Well, the filter will be in tomorrow right???
Quote:
I don't have to say to any of us not to eat junk cause I know us Warriors will not
RIGHT ON!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
I got a nasty sore throat today hurts to talk or swallow!
Sorry that you've got a sore throat...did you get it from the grands????
Quote:
I be having chicken broth and decaf tea.
Hope you feel better real soon, my dear friend!
Quote:
Beautiful out so still going to Hit the trail again with the magnum dog.
Sounds like a great plan for a lovely day! Have fun and take care of YOU!
  #1715   ^
Old Mon, May-29-17, 06:18

BF:

Jo, what kills me is the old lc times was the PILE of crust I left in my wake. drove me nuts 'paying for that flour crust' and not eating it....of course now I don't care what nasty I throw away. Waitress would come and there would be a pile of crust on a plate! So funny to see their faces when I ate that way on regular low carb.

ya know the more I think about it the more I realize why bother doing all this useless eating? In reality it gets ya now where but stupid in your brain....should I do this or that? this trick or that tip? cut this food or that food! OMG! I love my 99.99% zero carb eating. Yes every now and then I try to put in that side salad when out and about HAHA

True I forgot all that travel in your life. Now you are the homebody that can relax and chill and enjoy your home base!!
You will GO GO GO when you find that ONE thing you want to do, until then you are happy at home! COOL!

yea got screwed on pool. waiting still for part to come in! kill me now LOL
  #1716   ^
Old Mon, May-29-17, 06:29
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Jo, what kills me is the old lc times was the PILE of crust I left in my wake. drove me nuts 'paying for that flour crust' and not eating it....of course now I don't care what nasty I throw away. Waitress would come and there would be a pile of crust on a plate! So funny to see their faces when I ate that way on regular low carb.
Lots of people still eat that way on regular LC (NOT A '72 Induction at all)... I mean, they eat the toppings off of pizza regularly and leave behind the crust... Imma always suspicious about WHAT the ingredients are... gotta watch out for ourselves eh b/c NO ONE else will!

Edited to add: Pizza sauce has carb-age and most have added sugar. I always remember this from A '72 pg 154:

Quote:
"Unless you're one of these hard-core unfortunates,you can drop weight fast as well as euphorically on this diet...as long as you keep those carbohydrates at arm's length. But if you're off-again-on-again with carbohydrates you'll get nowhere fast. Those who think, "Well it can't do much harm if I go off the diet just for dinner," are due for a nasty surprise on the scales next morning.

It is my observation that a patient who takes in seventy-five grams of carbohydrate (the amount in one wedge of pecan pie) will gain back two to three pounds.

As the Ketostix will tell you by refusing to change color, even a tablespoonful of potato salad can throw off the entire new fat-burning chemical balance you have been working to achieve."
So it's very counterproductive to even eat the sauce b/c not only might it throw you out of ketosis BUT it may cause cravings...
Quote:
ya know the more I think about it the more I realize why bother doing all this useless eating? In reality it gets ya now where but stupid in your brain....should I do this or that? this trick or that tip? cut this food or that food! OMG! I love my 99.99% zero carb eating. Yes every now and then I try to put in that side salad when out and about HAHA
I KNOW exactly what you mean! Hence the reason I rarely if ever eat out... too stressful for me. I'd rather just enjoy my 'real food' knowing EXACTLY what's in it and then if I do go out to 'eat', Imma the designated diet soda or unsweetened ice tea drinker...Yep Imma pretty cheap DATE!
Quote:
True I forgot all that travel in your life. Now you are the homebody that can relax and chill and enjoy your home base!!
You will GO GO GO when you find that ONE thing you want to do, until then you are happy at home! COOL!
Yeppers, I am a homebody aka hermit for sure these days!

Oh I forgot to mention that we used to do tons of camping too, going to various state parks in West Texas and Southern NM when I was married. It was dirt cheap for a fam of five but we were 'roughing' it in tents and such... was a blast!
Quote:
yea got screwed on pool. waiting still for part to come in! kill me now LOL
You'll be floating in your pool real soon...stay strong!

Last edited by Just Jo : Mon, May-29-17 at 06:33. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #1717   ^
Old Tue, May-30-17, 03:31

BF:

aka hermit! yea I can do hermit also! Older I get the less activity of crowds and things I want around me. That is why I love out state parks at the beach. Heck the commercial campgrounds are packed, like 1000 camper sites. The beaches are super crowded like crazy! At the state park sites there is like 110 sites. Spacious. Beach is practically empty! ALL to ourselves!

Oh yes the tents! The good old days. We tented a ton also. Fun when younger but as we got older I wanted off the ground. Last tent vacay was memorable with monster T storm. Hail. Wind like crazy and everything go SO wet. Told hubby it was time to get an rv! LOL

I also find if I have to think about food it drives me nuts and gets me off balance. Like you I am now finding knowing exactly what I am eating helps me so much. I need a plan for the stupd italian places. Family wants those every now and then so I think just sticking with the chicken wings will be my default and no more pizza scrapings. I have restaurants we hit and I got my default lc meal. but italian still screws me up cause I feel like the wings are so sad ya know, like I need more....but in reality I don't! eh I will find ways thru it all, like a friggin' mine field!

HI ALL
nothing much doing.
working on that downed tree IF THE sun decides to shine. omg so much rain.

so this and that and whatever today. kinda like the usual

everyone have a fine day
  #1718   ^
Old Tue, May-30-17, 06:59
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Happy Tuesday, WARRIORS!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

Don't worry about what people think YOU ARE DOING.
They are all too busy worrying about what you think THEY ARE DOING."
~ unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen:
Quote:
aka hermit! yea I can do hermit also! Older I get the less activity of crowds and things I want around me.
I don't mind crowds, it's just that I have plenty to occupy my time at home... I seldom if ever get bored!
Quote:
That is why I love out state parks at the beach. Heck the commercial campgrounds are packed, like 1000 camper sites. The beaches are super crowded like crazy! At the state park sites there is like 110 sites. Spacious. Beach is practically empty! ALL to ourselves!
NICE!
Quote:
Oh yes the tents! The good old days. We tented a ton also. Fun when younger but as we got older I wanted off the ground. Last tent vacay was memorable with monster T storm. Hail. Wind like crazy and everything go SO wet. Told hubby it was time to get an rv! LOL
I totally understand about getting older and the "tenting" thing not being so much fun any more! I can't imagine sleeping on the ground these days either even with a cot, etc...
Quote:
I also find if I have to think about food it drives me nuts and gets me off balance. Like you I am now finding knowing exactly what I am eating helps me so much. I need a plan for the stupd italian places. Family wants those every now and then so I think just sticking with the chicken wings will be my default and no more pizza scrapings. I have restaurants we hit and I got my default lc meal. but italian still screws me up cause I feel like the wings are so sad ya know, like I need more....but in reality I don't! eh I will find ways thru it all, like a friggin' mine field!
I totally get that your fam wants to eat at places that aren't very "LC friendly"... Have you thought about eating before you go or waiting until you get back home?

Yeah, chicken wings aren't very substantial since there's more bone then actual meat! And they can be expensive since the popularity of "Buffalo Wings"... I remember when "wings" were one of the cheapest parts of the chicken ~ one of my favorite but not any more since Imma really frugal... <insert "Heavy Sigh">
Quote:
working on that downed tree IF THE sun decides to shine. omg so much rain.

so this and that and whatever today. kinda like the usual
Hope you get a chance to work on that tree and your weather improves! Hey is that filter for your pool due in today???
  #1719   ^
Old Tue, May-30-17, 08:46

BF:

Good Morning Warriors..

We did a lot of camping as kids (parents had 5 kids in 9 years) and then we took our own two camping a lot. We didn't stay in hotels until we got older. It was either camping or staying with relatives. We started camping in Europe when our oldest was an infant. We got a big bright orange European style tent, which always got a lot of attention. We had a lot of awesome camping trips in Germany and other European countries. In the states the ones I remember the most are our Yosemite camping trips and our Colorado trip. As a kid I never left California, we did a lot of beach and lake camping trips there. We are looking forward to getting an RV.

Costco was closed yesterday for the holiday, so we will be heading there today. I think it will be crowded, so maybe I will just send DH. I need to stock up on a few things.

Everyone have a great day!

Last edited by DelaneyLC : Wed, May-31-17 at 08:56.
  #1720   ^
Old Tue, May-30-17, 15:18

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

I am still fighting this upper respiratory virus the grandkiddies gave me.
Good thing is my throats isn't sore I just talk like 🐸!
My coworker who I have worked with for 38 years lost her husband to a heart attack at 64. She is devastated I am too!
She was coming with to Florida but after this no way. So I am
Solo for this class!
De... you camping trips sound fun and you have seen a lot!
Karen.... I started with tents but with all the rain we were chilled to the bone so up
We went to an RV. Life was good we also went to the little state parks quiet and we had the place to ourselves!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1721   ^
Old Tue, May-30-17, 15:34
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Good Morning Warriors..
Hiya De!
Quote:
We did a lot of camping as kids (parents had 5 kids in 9 years) and then we took our own two camping a lot. We didn't stay in hotels until we got older. It was either camping or staying with relatives. We started camping in Europe when our youngest was an infant. We got a big bright orange European style tent that was an attention getter. We had a lot of awesome camping trips in Germany and in the states the ones I remember the most are our Yosemite camping trips and our Colorado trip. As a kid I never left California, we did a lot of beach and lake camping trips there. We are looking forward to getting an RV.
What wonderful memories you made with your family with all those camping trips in Germany and the states...

I didn't know you guys were also in the market for an RV! That's really cool! Have you decided how big it's gonna be? Will you need to buy a new truck to hail it, etc??
Quote:
Costco was closed yesterday for the holiday, so we will be heading there today. I think it will be crowded, so maybe I will just send DH. I need to stock up on a few things.
NICE that your DH will go do the Costco shopping for you! That's one of the things I miss; both of my Xs loved to shop, me not so much!
  #1722   ^
Old Tue, May-30-17, 15:38
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
I am still fighting this upper respiratory virus the grandkiddies gave me.
Good thing is my throats isn't sore I just talk like 🐸!
Awww Imma sorry to hear that you are still sick! Hope you get better real soon!

Love your frog graphic!
Quote:
My coworker who I have worked with for 38 years lost her husband to a heart attack at 64. She is devastated I am too!
OMG! Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's DH! My condolences to you, your friend and her family. I'll keep all of you in my prayers...
Quote:
She was coming with to Florida but after this no way. So I am
Solo for this class!
You still gonna drive or have you decided to fly now? I know it's a long long trip driving solo...
  #1723   ^
Old Wed, May-31-17, 04:52

BF:

JO, hooray I got the filter part! A cap for the sand filter----$30 for a friggin' 35 cent piece of plastic!!! Ticks me off but when ya gotta have it

Pool is a mess. Will see in a few days where I stand on getting it up to speed. filtering like crazy now

No way I can go out to eat and not eat something. I mean I have on some occasions when it was like lunch and just not hungry but when we go 'out to dinner' as a family I gotta have something....so now I think it will be to go not hungry and to be sure to have something small like wings. Good thing is wings are everywhere now I need a better 'eating out' strategy for sure. I will definitely get myself a good plan and one I stick with. Hey a steak joint, no problem but every now and then they want weird crap so I will deal

You are cool in crowds, and I find myself wanting no crowds ever again in my life I am truly becoming that hermit in all sense of the word almost LOL
Any crowded activity I do on off times all the time, never go anywhere that is in high season. eh another weirdo thing I do HA

DE, very cool camping experiences! Great memories!!
I was laughing on the crowded store so just send DH! I hear ya on that one!!!

Bernie, so sorry for your friend. 64 is way young! I hope all goes well for her and life settles. Such a horrible situation!

And you being sick. omg you are having it rough. Hope you get that out of your system soon, are ya on meds yet or winging it? I usually wing everything but sometimes I got to hit the doc for antibiotics or anything else to save me LOL, rare, but every now and then I need a doc HAHA

I am the same. Quiet campgrounds. I love the silence of it all. The crowded campgrounds on the ocean are a zoo. giant parking lots. crammed in like sardines. people friggin' everywhere and beach is packed you can even put down your towel. At the state park cgs it is nature, sites are bigger, we have the beach almost to ourselves. I mean I know what I prefer LOL

HI ALL
keeping it simple
pool work in progress
working on trees today, boo, yuk, bah!
fog is lifting and hopefully we get the good day vs the roaming Tstorms around out there.

food simple
pork chops and ribeye today

everyone have a great day
  #1724   ^
Old Wed, May-31-17, 10:31

BF:

Good Morning Warriors,

I have a roast in the crock pot today. I season and sear both sides, so no chance of the black plastic strip remaining

Karen, glad you're getting the pool parts so you can get use out of the pool. That is one problem we are glad to be rid of. We had an inground pool for 20 years and had the upkeep and having to replace equipment all the time. Plus had to worry about winter freeze, so no pool is good for us now.

Jo, what are you going to do with yourself for the summer? Hope you get some fun in or a trip to see your girls or something!

Bernie, I hope you are feeling better today. I've been there many times with little ones sharing their illnesses. Not fun! Also very, very sorry to hear about your co-worker losing her husband to a heart attack.

#1725   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-17, 04:16

BF:

DE, ok, ok, ok now you Your roast came thru fine, I hear cooking without that black plastic strip is better! HA HA
bet it tasted great!!

I hear ya on the pool. I love swimming so much I put up with the bit of work Luckily we get easy winters here. we freeze but nothing like 'real winter' in other places.

My pool cover died from sun rot. Took it off in pieces this year either get another or leave pool uncovered thru winter. Ya know either way is kinda ok but uncovered I get way more crap blown into it and takes a bit longer to clean up when opened. Not sure which way I am gonna go this year when I close it. huh

HI ALL
simple day. more tree work. It is a monster. We got all the tree on the ground now. Hubby had me driving the tractor to pull in direction and I hate that cause I don't drive the tractor he used. What a pain but all done now...time to cut and clear the yard. a few more days work probably. we got rained out in T storms in the afternoon. big one blew in and tons of rain and wind. omg this needs to stop and soon!!

out for crab legs tonight. we shall see if I really do get there LOL
have some pork chops I will eat but if I can hold off til dinner I will wish me luck and will report back if I do get my crab legs or not tonight

great day all
Closed Thread