Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 10:09

Plan: IF dairy-free keto ish
Stats: 175/175/170 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
I tried going to In n out. I ordered animal style but I ended up getting a burger soaked in sauce with the bun. I'm not sure how to order the lowcarb version there.

"protein style" is the no bun with lettuce wrap, but you also have to say "no spread" to avoid the thousand island-type sauce (which they give you extra of when you ask for "animal style", as you discovered)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 10:48

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb712
Also, if it's possible in your situation, it might be good to consider buying a plug-and-play appliance like an Instant Pot or a crock pot/slow cooker to cook your own meat, soups, etc. and maybe even a tiny box fridge to stick in the corner and store cool drinks and bits of leftovers.

i was going to say the same thing. it would be so challenging to live without any food prep or storage capacity. do-able, but challenging!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 11:35

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
Is there a to tell if the salad dressing is counted in the total for the salad?

thanks!

It doesn't appear that that salad dressing is in the list of ingredients for the salad in question but there sure are a lot of other stuffs in there FWIW i listed stuff in red that I steer clear from - but I understand having to eat out...

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/...ed-chicken.html

ARTISAN GRILLED CHICKEN FILET

Ingredients: Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast with Rib Meat, Water, Salt, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Honey, Onion Powder, Natural Flavor, Dried Vinegar, Rice Starch. Grilled with Clarified Butter (Pasteurized Milk [Butterfat]).

SALAD BLEND

Ingredients: Romaine Lettuce, Baby Spinach, Carrots, Baby Kale, Lollo Rossa Lettuce, Red Leaf Lettuce, Red Oak Lettuce, Red Tango Lettuce, Red Romaine Lettuce, Red Butter Lettuce. Ingredients May Vary.

SOUTHWEST VEGETABLE BLEND

Ingredients: Roasted Corn, Black Beans, Roasted Tomato, Poblano Pepper, Lime Juice (Water, Lime Juice Concentrate, Lime Oil), Cilantro.

CILANTRO LIME GLAZE

Ingredients: Water, Corn Syrup Solids, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Distilled Vinegar, Olive Oil, Soybean Oil, Freeze-Dried Orange Juice Concentrate, Cilantro, Salt, Freeze-Dried Lime Juice Concentrate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Garlic Powder, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Spice, Onion Powder, Citric Acid.

SHREDDED CHEDDAR/JACK CHEESE

Ingredients: Cheddar Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes, Annatto [Color]), Monterey Jack Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes), Potato Starch, Corn Starch, Dextrose, Powdered Cellulose (Prevent Caking), Calcium Sulfate, Natamycin (Natural Mold Inhibitor), Enzyme.

LIME

Ingredients: Lime.

CHILI LIME TORTILLA STRIPS

Ingredients: Corn, Vegetable Oil (Corn, Soybean and Sunflower Oil), Salt, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Dried Tomato, Dextrose, Spices, Onion Powder, Green Bell Pepper Powder, Citric Acid, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Malic Acid, Paprika Extract (Color), Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Natural Flavor, Lemon Extract, Spice Extractive.

GRILL SEASONING

Ingredients: Salt, Pepper.

Last edited by thud123 : Wed, May-17-17 at 11:46.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 11:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

It's hard to avoid those yucky ingredients at the fast food joints. You just have to do the best you can when you go there. They have online menus with nutrition facts, so if you're ambitious you can study up and write down the lowest carb, least lethal options. Just avoiding the breads, sauces and dressings is a big help.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-17, 17:19

Plan: Atkins ‘72
Stats: 260.5/179.0/180 Female  5'5 1/2
BF:My hubs
Progress: 101%

Well if you have access to In & Out then you have access to Carl's Jr. they offer all of their burgers low carb style i.e. Lettuce wrapped. Just don't order anything breaded and you are pretty safe there.