Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1831   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-17, 14:15

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Well, I'll never underestimate the power of just 1lb weight loss/gain again when I found out it takes 37 miles walking just to burn off one pound.
Which would take me well over 9 hours.

Am a bit wobbly & slipping up a bit these days but I'm determined not to let it slide. This is the usual for me, so I'm just taking these slip up's in my stride and plan to just keep up the daily effort.

There is currently a chocolate egg in my vicinity...
I'm ignoring it's presence. I remember being on here maybe 3-4 years ago & I still remember Eno's great advice after I overdosed on the chocolate.
In a nutshell; it could have been avoided & I plan to this time.

I keep coming across recipes for things called zucchini 'tot's' and 'Broccoli' 'tots', which is shredded vegetables with egg and cheese.
They sound and look really nice.
Going to give them a try.
Sponsored Links
  #1832   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-17, 14:23

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

MaryH - some foods/recipes I just have to restrict to never or once a year I do understand!

I love anything veggie with eggs and cheese, baked, I've decided..all of it..lol.

Hope you have a great Easter - on plan (you know you can do it).
  #1833   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-17, 05:07

Had a very unexpected whoosh...hope I can see numbers in this range again this week - 266.8 this am.

Still don't think I can get back to a fully clothed weight of 262 by my Dr's apt., but I am still hoping

Gardening exercise is helping - many dandelions to dig up and still leaves to rake and bag up for burning.

My low carb version of a family recipe for a traditional sausage pie turned out super tasty, so far so good this holiday week The week is fairly well planned out, which always helps me. No menu is too tempting for pushing the boundaries for me, at rms.
  #1834   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-17, 17:49
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi8-
Mary, you can do it! Get rid of the easter egg. It's ok.
Pat- yay whoosh!

DH asked me to for a shopping list- he was going to BJs for the last time. He came home with ice cream- but I haven't had any so far. I may plan for it, but tonight's carb was a tahini potato salad I made on Monday. As far as I'm concerned- leftovers are done!

Tonight's RM: Salad, tilapia coked in butter/dill/fresh lemon, cabbage slaw, potato salad, water.

Later-
E
  #1835   ^
Old Mon, Apr-17-17, 12:54
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Today is the last night of Passover- my last night with no bread or baked goods not made with matzah. My RM will be: salad, sautéed brussel sprouts, cole slaw, and pan seared strip steaks. The steaks are very thin and I'm using a rub from Trader Joes that includes coffee. I'll cook them with some olive oil and butter- yum! My carb will be matza and butter.
Later-
E
  #1836   ^
Old Mon, Apr-17-17, 19:08

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi8-
Mary, you can do it! Get rid of the easter egg. It's ok.
E

I did it Eno! Yay! Thanks for the encouragement.
Had zero chocolate eggs yesterday or today! I don't actually want them anymore either; its great.
I no longer see it as a sacrifice but freedom, peace and health.
I feel free now!

I had the most delicious egg 'pizza' for RM today;
it consisted of Broccoli chopped up finely like confetti in egg as an omelette base.
Then tomato puree, tomato, scallion and tiny bit of pineapple & mozzarella cheese & sprinkle of Parmesan under the grill. Like a Hawaiian pizza.
It was so delicious; i could eat it every day happily.

Hope you enjoyed your Passover too Eno; I listen to a rabbi called Jonathan Cahn sometimes on YouTube. I like his latest video called 'Gilgal principle'.
He's interesting.
  #1837   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-17, 14:02
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
going to a baseball game tonight and will have dinner there. I am hoping to have a burger and a salad- but we'll see.

Last night for my RM I had water, pizza (one slice), salad (large) and chicken parm. DH added on lots of pasta and a beer (actually a couple of beers).

later-
E
  #1838   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-17, 06:12

Default Decided to start sharing recipes

Here is a great one for pickling cherry peppers - uses no sugars. I am also going to share here my in progress recipe for stuffing them with a cm tuna mousse.

Quick-Pickled Cherry Peppers Quick-Pickled Cherry Peppers Granted this is an asterisk or flat out rm pepper, you decide when to use it.

Here is my amend as you wish recipe in progress for a tuna mousse stuffing (think a cm/ish appetizer for company or special event you are celebrating).

to stuff 12 peppers
3 anchovy fillets (I use napoleon brand)
1 tsp. capers
1 tin of no drain solid white tuna in water
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. parsley
black pepper to taste
blend all and stuff the pickled peppers with it.

I made the above to be lower cal (if the tuna is 140 cal for the tin), the above is 19 calories per each for 12 peppers.

The peppers themselves are 8 cal each, for a total of 27 calories per stuffed pepper.

Thoughts: may try adding some garlic, and more evoo.

I am not the best at creating recipes - great at finding them, decent at amending them to be my own
  #1839   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-17, 15:09
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
great recipe!! Thanks Pat!

I was at a meeting all weekend- had all my meals there. Was able to stay OP- had (cold) scrambled eggs and coffee in am, salad with some kind of protein (cheese on Saturday, tuna on Sunday) for lunch and fish/veggies/salad and a carb for dinner. Was not that hard to skip all of the desserts and pastry and bread- and on the tables all weekend there was candy/popcorn/pretzels. They had a great snack one day- something I think called Wisps (?)- just cheese like one of the microwaved crispy cheese things.

Last night- HOME!!- had salad with peppers and my homemade dressing, grass fed burgers on a bun, fresh picked spinach (from a friend's garden), and cauliflower tots. DH added in a beer and some dessert.

Tonight's RM is in the oven: chicken parm ( fresh chicken breasts/red sauce/cheese )with artichoke hearts and spicy chicken sausage, then salad made with fresh arugula (same friend's garden). For my carb I'm having bread.
  #1840   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-17, 13:52

BF:

Oh i see your familiar with those 'cauliflower tots' Eno.
It must have been here i seen them being mentioned also.

Thanks Pat for sharing the recipe. Very unfamiliar with anchovies and capers but i bet they add very interesting flavours.
My meals are usually on the bland side to say the least.

Got that cook book that suits my stomach issues; not sure if i'll keep it however- there are only a few recipes i think i'll actually use.
There is quite a big baking section and breakfast section and not enough dinners and vegetable based meals.
There is one for a 'mackerel pate' that does sound nice and that i can have on hand for being on plan.
Will share it if it tastes OK.

Think hunting out your own favourite type of meals is really the best way forward.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
  #1841   ^
Old Mon, May-01-17, 06:33

Waving Hi. Lost 1.5 of the 1.6 pounds I gained over Easter time, so back to it, and feeling good.

Cat is now on a diet and exercise program, and it will help me get more exercise too

Poor Walter!
  #1842   ^
Old Tue, May-02-17, 11:07

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Waving Hi. Lost 1.5 of the 1.6 pounds I gained over Easter time, so back to it, and feeling good.

Cat is now on a diet and exercise program, and it will help me get more exercise too

Poor Walter!

That's so funny Patricia! Did he have too much of a good time?

I foolishly once left my cat's food up on a high shelf in his room;
he jumped up, knocked it down, bit a hole in the bag and proceeded to eat almost all of it. It was that concentrated dry kibbled stuff.
When i lifted him up he was so heavy; a ton in weight!
Thank God no long term harm was done. I didn't think cats would binge eat too given half a chance!

Cats are the best.

Happy for you Patricia!
My weight is not going anywhere these days; for better or worse.
Will have to make some changes i suppose.
  #1843   ^
Old Wed, May-03-17, 10:59

We aren't sure what is going on with the cat. I know they have previously weighed him at 13 pounds, twice, and I had cut his food considerably. Now they say he's gained 2 pounds. I cry b.s., and am now weighing him at home so I can see what another cut in food and increased exercise is doing for him. He already has a compromised immune system due to his fiv, now we need to not have him either develop hepatic lipidosis from cutting food too much, or diabetes from continuing to be obese.

I guess I needed a kitty patient

I survived my Dr's apt. today. embarrassed that I'd gained 4 pounds over the past 6 months, but grateful, that per my scales at home, I've lost just about 22 of the 27 pounds I gained over the holidays. I found out none of my medical records have been obtained, despite my faxing a signed release/request form, so this doc has no idea I am not lying or misleading him when I tell him what I weighed just last year for the holidays, or how much I had lost.
I have to show him (and get those records!!), and I will.
  #1844   ^
Old Wed, May-03-17, 19:55
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
sorry about your cat, Pat. It sounds like you have a mystery on your hands.
It is frustrating that your medical records haven't made it to your new state. Hope it all works out soon.
I'm just chugging along- pretty typical. Did have some strawberries in RM tonight- first ones of the new season. DH loved them.
Tomorrow I'm going to grill some chicken breasts and have salad and probably spinach too.
Tonight we had burgers (grass fed- quarter pounds), thin buns, brussel sprouts and salad. I put some of the berries in my salad. DH had them with yogurt for dessert. Water to drink.

later-
E
  #1845   ^
Old Thu, May-04-17, 04:57

Waving to eno.

Yeah, we will figure it out for Walter. I am happy to report a second day in a row in the 266's (well not really happy but this is progress....).

I am pretty annoyed re the doctor's records. I had the correct form, fax said it went through..grrr. I think I will call each office! and fax a separate form to each.

Off to enjoy my breakfast bar breakfast