Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 07:53

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%
Default Schwarzbein Principle

I got my copies of SP and Udo's book in the mail yesterday and started reading Schwarzbein. I just had to post and say this is a wonderful book! If you're interested in knowing more about not only LC but healthy eating, do read it! Lots of emphasis on natural foods, healthy fats, and health and vitality rather than the scale and peeing on stix. I feel as if I've slowly concluded through reading and experience much of what Diane S already had in this book! (my only difference with her seems to be that I really don't think wheat and corn are a good idea for most people because so many of us are allergic, but maybe she'll address that in parts of the book I haven't gotten to yet)

And what a great maintenance plan it would be! GREAT book, highly recommended.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 08:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Luck you

I looked for it in our bookstore, didn't find it. Ordered it from Amazon (didn't use Chapters, because they didn't carry Barry Grove's book, which I ordered too) and it's on it's way. Saw it yesterday at the bookstore, but I don't want 2 copies, so I'll wait.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 20:41

Plan: Meat, leaves, & berries
Stats: 192/175/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Cool Thanks, Razzle!

I've been intrigued by SP and wanting to learn more about it, seriously thinking about getting the book for some time. Now, with your endorsment, I will!

Many thanks!

Janice
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 22:23

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default TSP is great!

I've been on it for almost 4 months now and have gotten rid of for good 25 pounds. And I've never felt healthier.

Check out the Schwarzbein Principle thread for loads of more info.

;-Deb
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 04:18

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 285/234/160
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default I have it on order, too

I just ordered her book and one of her cookbooks. I tried the roasted vegetable salad from her website last week. It was excellent, and the sweet potato didn't turn me into a ravening monster or stall my weight loss.

Susan
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 06:08

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Welcome to the other side LOL...hey Deb!...we're getting some converts!!!!

Lisa
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 07:03
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%

Does anyone know if the SP could be used during pregnancy? I am not preg. yet, but hopefully will be by the end of the summer. SO I'm looking for another plan. I'm considering THE FORMULA. It's a 40-30-30 program and supposedly okay for pregnancy.

I don't really want to lose when I'm preg. But, I hope to maintain or gain very little. I've met several women who are overweight (like myself) who followed a plan and gained very little or even lost a bit of weight while preg. After asking the doctor about this, I was told that if you are significantly overweight and decide to eat "right" during the pregnancy, he has seen many women gain very little to no weight.

I had gestational diabeties during my last preg, so no matter what I will HAVE to be on some kind of program from beginning to end this time.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 07:57

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi there--Okay, I'm not a doctor - so please take this FWIW (which may be nothing)...

I really wish I'd known about SP during my last pregnancy. My son was 10 lbs 10 oz and while I was never tested for GD, I probably had it. I did ask my OB later if she thought that insuling resistance (as opposed to full-blown GD) would contribute to large babies and she looked pretty thoughtful and said that no one had ever looked into it.

I think SP is a very balanced plan and won't drive you nuts trying to calculate your calories. It will ensure that you get good fats and proteins that are important for growing a baby, and excellent complex carbohydrates. You will need to play around with the carb levels to make sure you feel good and have enough energy to make it through the day.

Good luck!