Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 18:31

Plan: FatLoCity
Stats: 85/80/60
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile I'm new to this site

Hi fellow low carbers
i am new to this site but i have been low carbing since 27th august (my birthday)

it is so hard here in australia!!

i hate soy flour with a passion and i am starting to crave pancakes, i tried making them with almond meal, they were ok i suppose, maybe it is maple syrup that i am really craving.

for pizza lovers: use Kavli crispy thin crackers as a base, 2tsp of pasta sauce spread over crakers and what ever toppings you want, i like cheese and pepperoni. When every one else is eating Domino's this a life-saver!

Has anyone tried the Ketogenic bread or the Atkins bake mix. Is it worth the shipping costs bearing in mind my loathing of soyflour??

this is a great site isn't it!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 18:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Hi,

Always nice to meet someone else from down-under! NZ is really hopeless for all the LC products too. I had orogonally thought to order stuff over the net, but decided against it.

After doing a bit of cruising on this site, thanks to a number of the old hands here, I realised that I was going to get the best success by avoiding "substitute" foods, becasue they will just feed my cravings for carbs.

Once i had made that call I had no trouble because we are so lucky with all the natural produce that we have here and in Australia.

I have gone from a real vegetarian/white meat/pasta and rice eater, to actually enjoying red meat

Lesley
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 15:30

BF:

thank you so much for your quick reply

i really cant bear the thought of never eating pizza ever again so making a low carb subsitute is the best option for me

i live in a house full of men who cant seem to stuff enough carbs and fats into themselves

as we all know watching other people eat forbidden food(especially the food we love) can be the kiss of death to your resolve not to cheat

the only way i can get through that at the moment is to have low carb versions of my favourite things

i dont eat it all the time though
just when i am getting desperate

as i get thinner i get stronger and i am resisting temptation more and more
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 15:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%
Default Pizza alternative

Hi Sammiejam,

I know what you mean about Pizza. I love it too.

here's an alternative which is nearly as good.

Take a chicken breast, cut it through so it is thinner (but not right through) open it out so the surface area is double - this becomens the pizza base.

i then pan fry the chicken on a really hot heat to brown it either side, but not cook through.

After that I load it with normal pizza toppings and bake it in the oven for 15 mins.

delish

Lesley
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 15:18
Registered Member

Plan: aitkins but kind of modified
Stats: 72/62/58
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Sam, it's me!

and I thought I'd never work out how to post things - you didn't mention I had to subscribe to every little thing!!! Ummm, Mags is visiting a friend (Amy the babysitter girlie who just started low-carbing and is moderate pink after 3 days!) and Sebastien is sleeping and I really need to vaccuum but the computer sucked me inot the void! Umm, well lots to say about what you wrote but I'll just call you
xxx
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 17:10

BF:
Default hello hello

you found me here

you cleaver little sister you

go into your profile and remove the kg parts so it says 72 62 58 (without the kg) and the % of what you have lost will come up

also my diary is at the boot camp section under S and is called sammies diary

i am glad you liked what i sent
it explains so much doesnt it!!
there is alot more fantastic info like that on this board
love ya sis
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 17:34
Registered Member

Plan: aitkins but kind of modified
Stats: 72/62/58
BF:
Progress: 0%