Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-25-11, 16:13

Plan: Primal low carb
Stats: 158/138/132 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default Massive Christmas sugar binge...

Uh oh...yesterday was xmas day here in Australia and it turned into a mega carb fest...whoops

It started out 'controlled' with just a few little chocolates. My xmas lunch was low carb and very high fat with a beautiful leg of roasted pork and heaps of crackling, a small slice of baked sweet potato, pumpkin and a small carrot. I was very full and satisfied, but when my husband pulled out the dessert, it was like something possessed me and before I knew it I had eaten a very small slice of pavlova and several large spoonfuls of trifle!

I got the most massive sugar rush, it was like I had ADD or I was drunk or something Once the food had digested, I used this to the good and did some HIT cardio for a few short spurts. I felt more than happy to fast for the rest of the day but later that day, had a few more chocolates, which turned into some biscuits and A LOT more chocolate! A few hours later I felt very hot, light headed and felt that massive sugar crash and got a terrible headache and of course was extremely bloated.

I did drink about 3-4 litres of water throughout the day and night, hoping this would lessen fluid retention.

I woke up this morning and OMG...I feel physically awful. I feel like I have been out drinking all night. I am really tired, no energy, headache, my mind feels foggy and I feel so dehydrated.

I lost all self control yesterday which tells me that 1. sugar is the devil and 2. I cannot 'control' the amount of sugar I eat, so just don't eat it 3. the taste was not at all worth the way it made me feel.

So right back on track today, plan to guzzle the water like there is no tomorrow, get some rest and eat plenty of fat and 0 carbs in food. I do have a drinking afternoon planned with friends but will be sticking to dry wines and not much of it and having plenty of water in between.

Next year, I will plan xmas food so much better and be sure to have a low carb dessert option.
Sponsored Links