Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-09, 22:41

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 255/234/165 Female 6'2
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Not losing :( Not again :(

So I did Atkins 5 years ago an lost 60 pounds. This time I am even more religious yet only 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I am so frustrated. Oh, the 10 pounds was all int he first week so I am sure it was water weight.

I read other post about cutting out salad but I don't know what else to eat. I am SICK of eggs and meat is killing my stomack. Could this be wrong for me?

Surfrider
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-09, 22:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 138/134.5/130 Female 164 CM
BF:
Progress: 44%

Just stick with it- 10 in 3 weeks is amazing! Some of that is not water if it is staying off. You just need to sit tight. Don't cut the carbs too low as imo your body might rebel. A true stall lasts for months. I'm in teh same position- I lost THREE pounds on induction and now I'm stuck!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-09, 23:51

Plan: Dr. Eric Westman's/Atkins
Stats: 150/148/132 Female 5'-4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

It is frustrating as heck though. I am also doing Atkin's totally BY THE BOOK this time and it seems to be moving at a snail's pace. I know I am looking smaller to everyone. Why won't that stupid scale say what I want it to - now dammit! I am like "Gimme SOMEthing - please!" It mocks me and laughs - "You can't have everything you want Angela!" That's why it is going back into the closet where it belongs. Stupid hunk of plastic and metal. I may throw it in the ocean real soon!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-09, 07:09

Plan: Atkins / M&E
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

I feel ya', too! VERY frustrating. I lost 12 pounds the first 2 weeks on Atkins, then went nearly a month without losing so much as an ounce!! I'm losing at a rate of about a pound a week on 20g carbs a day right now and I still have a VERY long way to go. It's frustrating to be a slow loser, but I keep doing what I have to and taking pride in LOSING SOMETHING!!

Weird thing for me has been my measurements and weight don't seem to change or change just barely, but I "feel" like I've lost weight - everything seems a bit smaller. But the scale and such take a while to catch up. I know it'll all come out in the end as long as I stick to plan, but I sure wouldn't mind being one of those fast losers!! Oh well, everyone's different.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-09, 08:20

Plan: atkins modified
Stats: 225/162/160 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 97%

when I started at the beginning of October, it was SLOW. It was my 3rd attempt at Atkins. I think I only lost about 7 pounds in induction. Maybe another 5 pounds the next month total. I stuck with it. Didn't cheat except one night, and it made me so sick to my stomach that I didn't do it again. I've been cheat free since early November now. Not a cookie, nothing over the holidays. In December, I started melting away. I think I lost 10 pounds in December, another 10 in January, and i'm now down 46 pounds. Sometimes I guess it just takes your body a while to figure itself out, and really get into the swing of it. Even though I felt a bit frustrated, I stayed on plan, and stuck with it. One thing that helped me is that I didn't even HAVE a scale until a few weeks ago. I'd weigh myself every few weeks on the scale at my friend's house. So I didn't see the daily fluctuations. I knew I was losing by the way my clothes fit, but it was a good 2 months before I really started losing quickly.

If you stick to plan, and don't stress about the numbers on the scale, and just focus, it will happen. Every body is different. I'm truly not stressing about the numbers on the scale. I know I'm losing inches quickly, and that's the important thing. Sometimes I don't even realize it, where it's coming off. Like, sure, you see your face get smaller almost immediately, that's a given. But I notice new things every day....

This morning I was in the shower shaving my legs, and I moved my leg a certain way, and all of a sudden, I saw definition there in my upper thigh that wasn't there before. And indention of sorts, I guess. I liked it. It was new. So, you see, there's things happening that don't show up on the scale.

I say throw out the scale. But I know that's easier said than done, even for me.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-19-09, 15:00

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

I know for me I am at only about 20 carbs a day.
Its fats and portion sizes to watch now.
And, keeping the exercise up to an hour or more.
Or, I lose NOTHING.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-20-09, 10:31

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

For 5-6 months I had not lost a pound on Atkins and I could't understand it. It took me 6 months prior to that to lose 20 pounds but I couldn't really see it in my body composition or my clothing much.

I started to rethink things and decided to switch things up (eating clean and healthy foods and healthy fats) based on how I'm feeling for the day and that changed everything for me. At that point, I started to drop pounds again. There are some days when I don't want meat and so I focus on fruits and veggies and get in healthy fats. On other days, I want meat and so I lower the carbs more and eat healthy fats. Although it's still a lower carb lifestyle, I would say it is more a moderate carb lifestyle which I enjoy more.

I think the question you need to ask yourself is if you are happy eating the way that you are? If you aren't try to find the right balance for yourself, you'll be happier, and your body will respond. It really is about doing something that you can sustain for life and for me there are foods that I missed that would eventually cause me to binge, focusing on clean eating versus low carb has changed my perspective a lot!

TJ
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-10-09, 00:12

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisywench
when I started at the beginning of October, it was SLOW. It was my 3rd attempt at Atkins. I think I only lost about 7 pounds in induction. Maybe another 5 pounds the next month total. I stuck with it. Didn't cheat except one night, and it made me so sick to my stomach that I didn't do it again. I've been cheat free since early November now. Not a cookie, nothing over the holidays. In December, I started melting away. I think I lost 10 pounds in December, another 10 in January, and i'm now down 46 pounds. Sometimes I guess it just takes your body a while to figure itself out, and really get into the swing of it. Even though I felt a bit frustrated, I stayed on plan, and stuck with it. One thing that helped me is that I didn't even HAVE a scale until a few weeks ago. I'd weigh myself every few weeks on the scale at my friend's house. So I didn't see the daily fluctuations. I knew I was losing by the way my clothes fit, but it was a good 2 months before I really started losing quickly.

If you stick to plan, and don't stress about the numbers on the scale, and just focus, it will happen. Every body is different. I'm truly not stressing about the numbers on the scale. I know I'm losing inches quickly, and that's the important thing. Sometimes I don't even realize it, where it's coming off. Like, sure, you see your face get smaller almost immediately, that's a given. But I notice new things every day....

This morning I was in the shower shaving my legs, and I moved my leg a certain way, and all of a sudden, I saw definition there in my upper thigh that wasn't there before. And indention of sorts, I guess. I liked it. It was new. So, you see, there's things happening that don't show up on the scale.

I say throw out the scale. But I know that's easier said than done, even for me.

Your story is very encouraging.
I've been at it one month ( a restart, the 40 week challenge), a clothing size down and now a stall after 7 pound loss on Schwarzbein princ.
I will check weight after another month.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-10-09, 11:22

BF:

daisywench
What have you been eating and what is your exercise program?
I'm very encouraged that after a month you started to lose.
I'd like to compare my program with yours.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-10-09, 18:27

I've been reading Schwarzbein since I am on hormone therapy...can't seem to get the scales to move although I am happpier eating the way that I am... I think for me I need to exercise more frequently... How do you like Schwarz?

TJ
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-12-09, 03:31

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
I've been reading Schwarzbein since I am on hormone therapy...can't seem to get the scales to move although I am happpier eating the way that I am... I think for me I need to exercise more frequently... How do you like Schwarz?

TJ

Hi there!
I LOVE Schwartzbein, in that I feel 20 years younger!
I'm NEVER hungry and I have energy.
Now, all that said, she allows too much food.
I cut way back on the fats she allows because she says don't count them.
I did what she said and never lost weight.
I cut back fat AND calories, *(1200) and started to lose
however slowly.
Still, I like her advice. I follow her principles
only less food and fats.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-12-09, 17:27

Thanks for your input...sounds like a plan!

TJ
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 19:12

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 216.2/207.6/135 Female 5"5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Just stick with it. Your body needs to really re-adjust. Plus I've been doing some research on toxins stored in fat....everything that we eat that has toxins (preservatives etc) is stored to some degree in the fat....When you lose weight these toxins are then released back into your blood and cirulation. You need to drink TONS of water, not to the point of drowning yourself, but plain, non tap water....distilled is best, to flush these toxins out. You will feel better too. Your skin is a good indicator of this....do you have pimples, bumps and blemishes? This is your bodies attempt at getting rid of the toxins in the blood. Research it yourself, read about it. It makes sense about stalls.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-10, 16:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172.0/170.0/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Huh, just realized why I'm breaking out!!! good to know... guess its time to guzzle some water!!