Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-06, 08:46

Plan: Moderate low-carb
Stats: 186/140/135 Female 5"5
BF:OnebigAB
Progress: 90%
Default Finally off of my plateau!

Ok, does anyone remember a post saying that I can never get to a 140 pounds no matter what I do? Probably not, right? Well I said that before, but was elated to find out I finally broke my stall. I now weigh 140, and that's coming down from about a 190 pounds! I've lost nearly fifty pounds. I couldn't figure out what was keeping me stalled, so I went clean. I cut out peanut butter, nuts in general and decided to give up cheese as I was probably eating too much!! Not really starving as I thought I might have, but sticking with the primordial diet plan of meat and eggs. I still have cream in my coffee and use splenda liberally. I blame the nuts probably. But I was eating a lot of cheese. Probably calories prevented me from getting the best results from ketosis. I might have broke the stall on my first plan in due time, but I wanted to speed things up (don't we all). Well I'm glad I did. I'm now down to 140, a weight I haven't seen on the scale in almost two years when I was bulimic and counting calories. Needless to say, that number didn't stay there long. Now I'm feeling quite well, still fighting bulimia mentally, but the purging has stopped. Now when I go off plan and indulge, I know what to do to get back into gear. Finally, I'm feeling like I do have control over my body, and it's not my appetite that has control over me! If things keep going the way they are, I should reach my goal in no time at all, and won't be fighting the fridge to get there.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-06, 14:40

Plan: Atkins' OWL
Stats: 294/237.6/149 Female 5'8"
BF:oodles
Progress: 39%

Congratulations!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-06, 14:52

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Ok, you've convinced me... the cheese is being put on hiatus.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-06, 20:33

Plan: sugar bad, gluten worse
Stats: 230/191/160 Female 65 inches
BF:too/too/much
Progress: 56%

congratulation
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-06, 06:58

Plan: Moderate low-carb
Stats: 186/140/135 Female 5"5
BF:OnebigAB
Progress: 90%

Thank you so much girls! Now that I've updated my stats, I can't believe I've completed 90 percent of my goal! And I feel so much more accomplished! I'm only 5 pounds a way. I'm even thinking about changing my goal to 130. That was my old healthy weight, but I made it 135 because I thought well if I never get back into my old pants, atleast I've made progress. Since joining the community, I've lost almost twenty pounds! I'm so happy! Maybe the success thread isn't as far away as I thought. When I post, I'm deffinitely showing pics! I won't be ashamed in the least! Plus the protein must be helping my muscles and my workouts considerably, because I never remembered looking this good at 140 before! I went from a 13 size pants, now I fit comfortably into most brands of 8/9's. It won't be long before I'm wearing 7's for sure!