Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 14:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/132/125 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default I am SO frustrated! I've been LCing since January...

and I originally lost ONLY 8 pounds! Then I stopped losing for a few months and eventually fell off the wagon! I got tired of trying and not getting results! And I've done a full 2 weeks of STRICT induction two different times and haven't lost not even one pound since!

I just don't know how much longer I can have faith when I try so hard and lose NOTHING and all of my friends around me are losing and losing and losing!

Thanks for listening! I just needed to vent and cry!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 14:00
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I had a very similar situation. Only lost 8 pounds in the first 2 weeks and nothing after that. Take your temperature following Dr. Atkins method in the book and see if your hypothyroid. I did that and my temp was low. My dr. then tested TSH and it was normal. I got a 2nd opinion and that dr. tested T3 and T4 which are the actual hormones your body uses. I had low t3.

Also, how is your activity level? I have a back injury and barely move so I had to watch my calories and carbs to lose weight. I got this idea from reading red1cutie journal. She had a hard time getting started and now has lost a ton of weight.

Do you eat any of the staller foods? Those lowcarb bars can stop your weight loss.

Hang in there, there is a logical reason this is not working.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 23:59

Stats: 269/245/150 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 20%

Try posting your food plans and maybe we can help. Sometimes trigger foods can cause big time stalls. I'm the queen of stalls, I've been doing this since Jan and I think I've only lost 24 lbs. I know that's alot compared to 8 and I should be happy, but I have soooo much farther to go and you're lucky enough to only have a tiny amount. I know that tiny amount is very important to you, just like my big amount is to me. Come by and visit my journal sometime and let me know how you're doing.
Elaine
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 00:41

Stats: 250/235/145 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 14%

But look at your percentage 52% (thats pretty good)

...remember you don't have far to go, get back on it, maybe do www.fitday.com

I wish you luck!

Tashi
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 19:59

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress:

hey, mom2hayley, I can totally relate to u! been on Induction for 2 weeks also and not lost anything, can't figure it out! and not eating more than 20 carbs per day, I'm being very strict! not sure what to do either? this is the second time doing it since last Feb.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 15:04
Registered Member

Stats: 146/132/125 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Unhappy You all are SO AWESOME...

Thank you for your kind words, wisdom and support! I am afraid that I am not doing too well right now! I'm tired of restricting...counting and writing down everything I eat! I already restrict so much I cannot imagine resricting anything else!

And unfortunately I've fallen off the Eating Disorder wagon! I've struggled with Bulima for many years but have had a good control over it the last couple of years! But I've been spinning out of control with food lately! The frustration of restricting and not losing...I guess I figured that I could eat well (LC) and have the bad stuff and just get ride of it and it wouldn't effect me...ie start losing weight again!

But I know that I am wrong! And this is not the cause of my stall...it is a result of the stall. I've only been binging/purging for the last month!

I thank you for your support and I hope I can find my strength back! But I'm just so lost and tired that I'm taking the easy road!

Thanks again! ;0)
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 07:41

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress:

to mom2hayley, I read your last posting, I'm sorry to hear you've had an eating disorder in the past, but you know what , there's hope!! maybe you should give your body a break, and go and seek advice from a dietician if u have'nt already, you don't have to stay in this trap of binging/purging, I'm a christian, and I will pray for you! your "weight" does'nt reflect the true person you are inside! judging from your picture with your daughter you look like a very good mom!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 08:24

Stats: // Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 33%

mom2haylee: There are so many complicated factors in weight loss. For some it is easy but for most it is not. Please stop punishing yourself and your body. PLEASE don't try to deal with this on your own. As you are very aware, bulimia is not just a weight thing, it is very much a self-esteem thing and it can kill you. You have everything to live for and Haylee deserves a mom who can model possitive self-esteem and possitive body image. PLEASE get some help. Everyone here on the forum will be possitive and supportive but bulimia requires morein addition to caring friends. Once you have the bulimia under control, then start thinking about diet. Health comes first. Exercise and not binging (reasonable portion size) nor starving (too few calories put the body into starvation mode and slows down metabolism actually causing weight gain in some people) are essential for overall health. Start right away by looking in the mirror and telling yourself you deserve to be happy. Then get some guidance so that you can make that happiness come true. Best wishes.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 09:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 183.5/181/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy ready to quit

I have been on induction for 3 weeks and lost only 2 lbs. I am ready to just quit. I have hypothyroid and expected it to be tough but this is ridiculous. I exercise at least 4 times a week. Have been on the verge of tears since getting on the scale this morning, it just ruined my day. I don't think Atkins works as well as they claim in the book.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 10:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

ok, here's my two cents worth. we're all frustrated--or we wouldn't be here trying to lose the weight we've put on over the years! it's not an overnight solution to a lifetime of overeating! i gained a great deal of weight during the last 24 years.....and we have to keep in mind that it will not go away overnight! yes, i have had some success, but it has taken 10 months to get here and sometimes the weight comes off, and sometimes it just keeps hanging on....but keep doing what you know you need to do, and things will happen. frustration is part of it, and i guess we have to learn how to deal with that in some other way besides eating something! not trying to lecture or be cold, but just hang in there! there are so many things that can cause your weight to fluctuate....but try to step back and look at the big picture--good things will happen!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 22:00

Plan: lc slim fast w/lc dinner
Stats: 246/208/130 Female 5'4
BF:36
Progress: 33%

How is your water intake? Water is so important to losing weight. I am increasing my water to hopefully help out with my stall. I have slacked off with so much water since colder weather. I hope you don't give up all together. I think some people forget when you are exercising you are building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. You also may not be eating enough calories as someone mentioned earlier.

Tonya
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 22:17

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Are you only dwelling on weight, what about size? I've been stuck up and down around the same weight since induction, only a week so far BUT I've lost 5cm around 2 inches from my hips, waist and bust. Don't forget exercising can stall or even put weight on because muscle weighs more than fat. I love checking the tape measure every 4 days and noting the decrease, much better than the scales.