Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#976   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-18, 08:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

We cross posted Leeann!
Sponsored Links
  #977   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-18, 09:00

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz.....no offense taken! I did not get that from your post at all. Sorry if my response seemed like I was upset. I love all the advice given here as I know it stems from experience. Been there, done that...right girls?

I love the idea of you having a race to train for too! A 5k is 3.1 miles....easy peasy! The Couch to 5k training plan is a great one. There are phone apps that prompt you thru the walk/run intervals and are quite motivating. Or...you can print it out on paper and time yourself. There is a run/walk interval app that you can set for whatever time intervals you want. It is very simple and works quite well.

Laundry is finished and now I'm just waiting for it to warm up a bit before I head to the store. DH has also requested fruit salad, so I'll be making that for him along with the chili. He'll have a toasted cheese sandwich with his chili...he's been asking for one of those this week. He is very easy to feed...as long as he has his carbs!

One of my friends from England is in Hawaii doing the Maui Marathon today. She is starting just now. 26.2 miles along the beach....can you imagine? Yesterday was very harrowing for her with the erroneous missile alert. What a fiasco. Anyway, I am going to try to follow her progress on the marathon. She is 51 years old and training is her "job". Her husband is an investment banker in London and their daughters are grown and on their own, so she spends her days doing all manner of training. She is a superwoman! I love her....she is a sweetheart. They are spending 4 weeks in Maui....she just needs to get this pesky 26.2 mile run out of the way first!

Ok...enough of my blathering. Have a great Sunday!
  #978   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-18, 18:05

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---I absolutely think the shakes could be an ice cream substitute for you, with hardly any work invested. I make mine w/cold pressed coffee, (SO roasty tasting) cream, a scoop of French Vanilla whey protein powder (2 carbs) and sometimes add a tsp of peanut butter powder Lori suggested (2 carbs) Use my stick stirrer and it's nicely thick and creamy. Top it off by throwing in some ice cubes. I'll let you know how the salted caramel protein powder tastes (3 carbs). Then I'm going to experiment w/1/2 cup of mashed stawberries. (about 4 carbs). Fat, protein, yummy. LOL, I think I'm on my way to being the shake queen. Maybe I'll work on a key lime version and get back to you.

Wow, do I ever love your bucket list! Googled the Sloth sanctuary to see what it was about and that looks particularly fascinating and heart lifting.

Lori---Oh my, now those toasted cheese sandwiches would be for me like ice cream is to you. Hubby likes to make them w/his soups, so I had to find a sub. Have you ever tried Joseph's Lavash bread?" Comes in a big thin sheet. I slice that into 3 pieces, save the third piece, and make two toasted cheese "burritos" for about 6 carbs out of the other 2 pieces. Fried up, or even rolled up and microwaved. Add some salsa and a dollop of sour cream to the top if eating it alone, or just dip as it in my soup as is. YUM.

Your friend sounds like an amazing athlete who really enjoys the challenge and time she puts in. She must be in amazing shape. I agree w/Nic, don't think 10K in Scotland right now, just think TODAY's training. See where that takes you. No law against deciding not to run it, but knowing you, betcha once you've trained up nothing's going to stop you!

Jaz---You sound excellent regarding your woe and your attitude! And I agree, give a bit more attention to portion control, and add in some movement---doesn't have to be a whole lot, and you'll pass up last year in results.

Is tomorrow your birthday? Have to get ready with the horns and confetti. I'm wishing you the gift of a new house to live in, and a new body to live in!

In answer to your question, no matter our decision, our lifestyle is going to change, and I'm all over doing it in as many small and painless ways as I can. Like my husband always says, it all adds up. He BTW, is wondering where his Blue went and when they're bringing her back. The other day he said to me, "wait a minute girl, I'm the king skinflint around here, and don't you forget it!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did very well out to eat last night, on plan and on budget. No LC appetizer. Fun but bad habit financially. Split a large salad w/my pal when normally I would order and eat the whole one. Had a cup of chili w/it. (maybe 15 carbs in beans, but those are really the only carbs I had yesterday.) No Diet Coke, small costs add up. Just water, better for me anyway. Had a nice time w/my pal, great chat, totally satisfied w/my dinner.

I have always had "big eyes" when it comes to menus. Hubby says he's sure I was a starved peasant in another life, as he thinks I have a perpetual fear of not getting enough food. He's not wrong, even when it's low carb, I order and hence eat more than I need. Taking a hard look at that too right now. Learning to say to myself, if you want more, you can always order more. But I don't think I really want more, just old habits of thinking. Trying to let satisfaction set in instead of racing ahead of it.

Snowy and cold here today. Ran an errand or two and was so happy to get back home and cozy. Nested the heck out of the rest of the day. My list of things to do starts up again tomorrow, so happy to laze the day away when I can.

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Jan-15-18 at 01:45.
  #979   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 04:13

BF:

Good Morning!

I got up early with the intention of heading to boot camp, but think I'll pass. My tummy is a bit "on edge" after my chili last night. Being a volume eater, I ate too much and I think the influx of veggies was a bit much for my system. I had pepper, zucchini, cabbage, mushrooms and ground beef with tomatoes & spices(lots of spices!). I just started a new probiotic too and things are unsettled. Also the footing out there is not good. Everything is still very icy and I know the boot camp studio parking lot will be a mess. I can just see me falling and having an "accident" before I ever got in the door! Tomorrow is another day.

I have a dentist appt for a cleaning at 10:30 and have to be to work at 12:30. Could be a bit tight. Speaking of work....the new schedule came out that includes inventory day(1/24). Guess who gets to work inventory? Sigh....5AM - 2PM. I have no idea what we'll be doing. I just know we have to scan every tag in the store. I'll do my best and try to have fun in the process.

Blue, it sounds like you had a nice evening out with your friend and your eating was on point! YAY!

My friend doing the Maui marathon made it thru. She finished in 5 hours and 1 minute. I'm sure she would have loved to break the 5 hour mark, but I think she did fabulously! She said it was very hard and more hilly than she thought it would be. She said the last few miles, the swaying palm trees and blue ocean did not help at all! Now she has 3 more weeks to enjoy Hawaii before heading back to cloudy, rainy England.

Have a good day!
  #980   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 06:11

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Well Guys I think the weather is making us all go a bit batty for sure. This cold is just upsetting to the old body for me I just gotta have it warmer to survive easier thru my days HA HA

I have to watch boredom eating now. Oh yea my mind is more on food now cause I am bored. Won't go out in that darn cold and do my fun 'summer time activites' so I get way more bored...no doubt about that.

Nicco very impressive list of travels you want to tackle!! You are an adventurer for sure.

You know for me it is about just having my day to my self and my time to see what comes in front of me and just where the wind kinda blows me. In a way my traveling is about the coastal life and I don't have goals to see XYZ hardly at all. I will go see the Grand Canyon cause it is there I will go see a few more things cause 'they are there' but in all thoughts I am not really a destination traveler at all in a way. I think that is why the RV means so much to me, kinda like if I am in the RV then I am not at home in the rat race drudgery of it all, I am in freedom land and that is just so appealing to me.

Blue, yea so many do the RV lifestyle. So cool they travel and love it like that cause I want to do that, just younger I am tired of waiting but time will move forward. I will get there LOL, I hope

Guys it is stinking cold here, we are plummeting now on temps. Snow on Tuesday into Wednesday? wonderful right? NOT!

have to check forecast, cause hubby said snow is coming and I freaked almost. I laughed at him and said he best stop cussing at me or he was gonna get it, yes snow is a bad 4 letter word to me! Then I got irked in a way at the universe, like why in the heck did the universe make COLD weather to freeze your cahoonies off for no good reason!!

But I got my email from 'swimsuits for all' and they were like 70% off so bought a nice blank tank and black pretty coverup tunic for only $39 total. Hey ya can't go wrong on that price! I have tons of colored bathing suits but no black tank so I got it coming, looks pretty with some detail on it in black also but I like that breakup of texture on suits, so should fit nice I hope. I have tons of bathing suits, I shouldn't be buying another but who cares, I splurged HAHA

Hubby home sick from work.
chills, headache, icky. ut oh, oh boy, avoiding him like the plague he is

today is simple day of this and that, nothing major.
need stupid toilet paper in the house so I guess I will hit the grocery fast today cause tomorrow it should be insane with every shelf being emptied, the word snow comes here and they buy the world and wipe it out LOL I don't need much, fast in and out.

off I go guys....everyone have a great day

Last edited by Whirrlly : Mon, Jan-15-18 at 09:46.
  #981   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 08:48

BF:

Good Morning Ladies - I would ask if you have the day off but I am the the only cubbie job here! Yes I have it off, and tomorrow! - After this small break I won't have a break for awhile, so I am enjoying the heck out of it.

BLUE- I had to google King Skinflints. I thought that was very funny actually he would say that to you! The MISER of spending and trying to get a meal or service for nothing! HAHAHAH Your hubby has a dry sense of humor! Very sweet!

I don't google everything- Like when LEEANN said she was going to the Sloth Sanctuary I just figured she was coming to se ME!!!
There is nothing wrong with saving pennies. I had a friend that said always pick up change you find, even if it's a penny. Pennies make dimes and dimes make dollars! I always hear that in my head when I find a penny. But I also think of pennies out the door- stupid spending.

I like you am saving every dollar right now. I have been actually been making monthly and weekly budgets. I need move money- so every dollar matters.
It's amazing to find the different between want and need.
Have you gone back to that place that that you get free appetizers if you order a drink? Now see I would be all over that!

What does your week look like? Any projects at work or in the house? How you deal with all that cold and snow is beyond me. I am so ready for Spring!
YAY for being on plan! Now I am curious about your protein powder. I bought a full can I haven't even opened because sweetener in it gave me tummy trouble. I am glad it's working for you! Again I have dairy envy! It makes LC so workable to add even a little cream here or there taste so much better. Sighhhhh- it is what it is!

Lori- speaking of tummy trouble, I read your "chili" list and my tummy hurt reading it! Wow- I will leave it at that. I have found that the older I get the less and less my body likes certain foods.

Agreed- bootcamp will be there tomorrow! WOW, your friend did great! You said she is in her 50's too right? Where is she from? Is she the Scotland lady? Speaking of, I know you are going to do great. Just as I have written about, small manageable steps. We don't eat the elephant all in one gulp. Or climb the mountain in your case!
You working this week?

TRIG- GIRL I am with ya on the cold. I obviously did not move south enough. If it were not for family here I would be in Florida.
I know WHY you bought that swim suit!!!!! You have mentally gone there- WARM WEATHER!

As far as travel, I am even less inspired to go to somewhere for the sake of "because it's there". Grand Canyon- it's a big hole in the earth. No desire. However I would love to go to the off the beaten path kinda places. But like you- it requires no baggage! Oh and money!!! HAHAHAHAHAH Fun to dream about though.

Sorry to here about the hubby down for the count. Really watch that- the flu this year is nothing to ignore!!!!! Hoping you and the kiddo stays healthy. Get some meds onboard right away- and lysol! Chicken broth too!

Kmom- I know you are super busy with your family this weekend!

Leeann- Talk about the travel bug- you got it bad! Do you collect anything when you go to a new state? My son like to get magnets from the states he visits. (see my post to BLUE- coming to see me! ) hahahah
Thanks again for that great idea about the BNB! I hope to not need it. It is plan B, but at least I have one now!

How is the Y going for you? Do you like to do your own thing or classes? Speaking of fun working out- my son plays Pickle ball every week with his church group. He ask if I ever heard of it- I could tell him YES I HAVE!
What on your menu for the week? You still liking your warming stick? Can you use it for veggies too? It's mainly for meat right?
I googled it- now I am getting ads like crazy to buy one!
------------------------------------------------------------------
I was on my computer all day to the point I woke up with a sore neck! Oh well.

So I as well as my classmates got blasted in an announcement from our instructor that we all wrote terrible first papers and did we not know this is a DOCTORAL LEVEL- and the expectations are as follows: Blah blah blah - put in the Charlie Brown teachers speaking here! HAHAHAHAHAH- Ya so....... First paper- cut me a break. I found it rather amusing actually, believe it or not.
Academic snobs..........

Speaking of, I just need a tweak on my paper for this week and I am submitting it. If I get outta this thing with a B I will be fine. I am not out to impress. I have life outside of this. I really don't - but I SHOULD!!!

My chicken wings were really good! I also made a WEDGE salad. Remember those! So filling and almost carb free! It was really really good and a perfect side! I did use real blue cheese on it, and bacon crumbles that were still warm! (yes my tummy hates blue cheese).

Today is ribs- going to my mom's and we are going to a BBQ joint that is supposed to be the best in her area. We will see. I count find the menu online. I don't like sauces as they are packed with sugar. I liked smoked meats.

I don't think I am spending the night- I want my tomorrow morning to myself. Last day off for awhile. Stingy with my time. I will play it by ear.

Still feeling CaptD and left yesterdays affirmation on my white board! Will change it tomorrow. I like that.

Quick stop in Costco before I stop in at mom's- will get salmon, and these socks I love. Bought a pack of 4- they are lounge socks and the softest thing I have ever put on my feet. I want another pack. I also have already lost one sock- so now only have 3 pair. I wonder where all the lost socks go.

Bright sunshine and frekin COLD- 40's here all day. Tomorrow we will hit 50! BRING IT AND THEN SOME OK ladies have a great day.
  #982   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 09:25

BF:

PS- Have another walk through tomorrow. Townhouse 3bed/2 bath
2726 Langford Place, Norcross Ga- for those following along. I use Realtor.com to see the pic. It's sorta top end of my budget- so I am not getting my hopes up. It had better be exactly what I want for that price.

I know Leeann- that seems cheap compared to your area! LOL- everything is relative! But a comparable one in your area would be 300,000!
I wonder how people in California make it! Talk about $$$$-

Ok- gotta run- To many things in my head right now!

PS- BLUE- So I too use the Loreal Regenerist and it does $$. I however have VERY sensitive skin. I will be interested to see what you think of your new product!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Jan-15-18 at 10:22.
  #983   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 13:09

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Monday: Blue 3/3, Jaz _/5, KMom 4/5
Tuesday: Blue 3/3, Jaz 6/5, KMom 5/5
Wednesday: Blue 3/3, Jaz 3/5, KMom 2/5
Thursday: Blue 3/3, Jaz 4/5, KMom 4/5
Friday: Blue 3/3, Jaz 1/5, KMom 4/5
Saturday: Blue 3/3, Jaz _/5, KMom 5/5

Blue, you are a water machine! I know you lowered your goal to three glasses, but I also know those glasses are large!

New week. Let's be "Happy Hydraters!"
  #984   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 13:13

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!

SD daughter was here for weekend and also her boyfriend on Saturday. Such a sweetie. They are very much in loved and just so pickin' cute together!

I drove SD home last night in the snow and was exhausted when I got home from just the intensity of it.

But this morning was WORSE! She left her glasses in the car so I had to fun them up to her at work. NEVER in my life have I driven on roads like I did this morning. Black ice for miles and miles. I was going ten miles per hour and still fish-tailing! It was like ice skating. Both sides of the highway were creeping along. I took a different way home and it was much better. Learned later that there had been many accident on the road I was on.

Will post more later. I want to read through the previous days posts.

K-Mom 10x4
  #985   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 17:49

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---Happy Birthday! I hope you have a nice dinner out w/your mom, and then come home and hog your "me time."

I looked at the property you're seeing tomorrow and I think it looks great in many ways. Seems pretty turn key, and love that there's a fireplace. 3 bedrooms is very nice. One can be a guest room and one your room, and one a cozy office for you, something you might really appreciate with school. How is the commute to work for you from here? My only question is are you OK with the space being split between 2 floors? For us we're not looking at anything on two floors, but then that's only prudent at our age. Our home now is all on one floor, and I have long loved that. Feels more spacious, but that is also due to the gracious layout of our home. Wide halls, tons of windows, different views from every part of the house. Lots of natural light. I DID notice in the property you're looking at that there also seems to be good window coverage and plenty of natural light coming in. So important to me.

Yeah, the OOO regenerist cream is great. BUT, my much cheaper moisturizer came today and I love it! It is light and smooth, NOT greasy, and there is no particular scent other than a nice clean one. Scented moisturizers tend to make my eyes burn these days. It does the trick nicely for 5 bucks for a nice sized tub of it, as opposed to over 20 bucks for much less lotion w/the OOO. Happy camper on a budget. Another example of painless cuts that add up.

Trigger---What a good idea to buy a swim suit! It's like an investment in your future, your trip to SA, and your fave time of the year. AND, Imo, there's nothing like a classic black suit (for me w/a little tummy control)---very forgiving and flattering. Glad you got a pretty cover up too, and all at such a GREAT price. Glad you treated yourself to this. A gal like you can't have too many swim suits, it's your fave way of being.

Lori---A gal after my spice loving heart. I love spicy, and I love a good bite in my chili. Sorry it threw your tummy for a bit of a loop, but I thought it sounded SO GOOD.

LOL---"The palm trees and ocean made no difference in the end." Never done a marathon, but it's a very long haul and friends I've seen run them look like they're in a world of their own in the last few miles, just trying to get to the end.

Interesting historical note, a "Marathon" is named after an Ancient Greek messenger who ran from Athens to Marathon---a distance of 26 miles--- with an urgent message, and dropped dead when he handed the message over. Doubt he had the training program anyone taking this on has to have.

K-mom---Glad you had such a sweet weekend with SD and her BF. That is just the most lovely thing to me, that they have found each other and are enjoying so much happiness w/each other. Such a nice part of life, as you well know, and I'm thrilled your SD is experiencing that.

Monday water: Same old, 3/3. But yeah, I've got some consistency going. I start every morning now with a big glass of water on my desk, even before my coffee. I don't gulp it down, I drink it as I take on my morning computer stuff. And I have found that morning hydration really gets me started off on the right foot. It is noticeably energizing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much going on in my world today. Got a couple things done, not as much as I wanted to, but it will do.

One shake around noon, not a minute of hunger since. Making a cheeseburger for dinner. May have it on Lavash bread, may have it by itself, and add a fried egg on top of the cheese, YUM. haven't decided yet. But in any case, my carbs will be as they have been, very low.

Not working so much has been very good for my woe, if not so good for my wallet. When working I was having a large LC salad for lunch twice a week at edit, in addition to LC stuff at shoots and meetings. Would wrestle w/that again in a minute, but hey, silver linings are still silver.

Getting ready to get on the scale again. I think. We'll see. Happy as it is, so every morning I look at the dang thing and think "oh no you don't, Debbie Downer!"

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Jan-15-18 at 17:54.
  #986   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 18:30

BF:

Good Evening!

Happy Birthday Jaz!!! Hope it was a fabulous day!

I worked today from 12:30 to 5. You would have thought it was the day after Christmas....SO many returns!! I swear everyone who came thru the door had a bag with a return in it! In other news, my promotion FINALLY is official. The last person who had to approve it finally did their part. A whopping $1.50/hr raise! Where will I spend all my money? I work again on Thursday 12:45-5:30. Just a nice little shift.

Trip to the dentist went fine except that I have to go back next week for a little repair. Ugh. One of my old fillings needs replaced. I hate that. When they are drilling the old one out it drives me nuts. I just have to pull up my big girl panties and get it done.

I'm hoping to get to boot camp tomorrow sometime. We are supposed to get snow and the roads around here are not good now with ice left over from the weekend. The highway roads are fine, but the side roads like the one I live on.....not good. So...if I make it to boot camp it will be one of the later classes like at Noon. Better to go then than 5:30 in the morning when it's dark.

Ok....my cat wants out. She keeps me moving!

Have a great evening!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Jan-15-18 at 18:35.
  #987   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 19:09

BF:
Progress:

Oh, also wanted to post something to Nic---

Man, I SO GET you just got weary of the struggle! And took a break. I identify with this SO MUCH. And, it's amazing how much easier it is for me to stay on plan since I took a break over the holidays and our trip to SF. Which I not only have no regrets about---I wouldn't give up a minute of my culinary joys in those weeks, specially those shared w/my son---AND I think I just got it out of my system for awhile. I could put up w/the bloats and maybe some weight gain here and there for a bit. But not as a lifestyle, and ultimately my time came to hop back on the ONLY woe I've ever sustained 95% of the time, for 5 years, and with plenty of rewards.

And for you, well, like I've said over and over again, you have the experience to know that when you hit your plan and exercise it, you will lose it fairly fast and predictably.

I can't claim this happens to me AS easily at my age, but I DO encourage you to enjoy it at your age. Still, one week back on plan and my whole body changed, as did how I feel. That's the amazing thing about LC for me---If I let it go for a minute, I can always count on it when I come back to it. AND, I like you and me have had the GOOD SENSE, to always get back on the wagon of a woe that really works SO WELL FOR US, most of the time. Think most of the time, is a good thing. Think you and I need to know there will always be a time when we can step out, and then step back in. I never plan for that to happen, it just does, and I think for me, mostly at the right times.

Like you, I will never live w/out some treats, till I'm so wizened and old I don't care about food anymore, and that DOES happen. Watched it happened to both my dad and mom, and just wished they could enjoy food the way they used to, now and then. But, I'm OK w/that in its own good time, and hope I grow old enough to experience it. No matter what, I always choose more life, at least so far.

Read this great article about a woman, 100 years old, who was at the Vikings recent surprise victory, with her great grand daughter. She loved it, and because of her age, was introduced to big players in the Vikings business. She told them, if the Vikings win again, I want to see the super Bowl. Well guess what, she now has 2 very good seats at the SB game that will happen in our sister city, MPLS, in late January.

Frankly, I don't give much of a fig about football or any sport for the better part, but I DO notice and love to read human interest stories like this. Oh, and btw, I totally understand the rules of football, basket ball and hockey. We were taught this in my high school, as part of Phy-ed, which I pretty much hated but still appreciate knowing how these games are played, and every once in awhile, I tune in and am all jacked up about it.

Joy is joy, and if we lose some of our older joys along the way, then there's really no reason we can't STILL find joy, if maybe not as easily or in as many ways as we once did.

But back to my point, the choice of foods is a blessing and a joy for me, if a challenge. No matter where any of us are on our woe here, or how we decide to conduct it, we have choices. IOW, we have first world problems. Lucky us. We are blessed, and I do enjoy those blessings of choice of what I eat, now and then, and am SO grateful that when I'm done with treat time, I STILL seem to be able to jump back into the LC saddle, and am SO refreshed by the rewards. SO THANKFUL FOR THIS.

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Jan-15-18 at 19:16.
  #988   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 20:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori, So cool that your friend got the race done. What a wonderful goal and accomplishment! And now she gets to enjoy a marvelous trip.

Blue- A key lime shake! Yum! I actually should just convert my LC vanilla ice cream base to a Key Lime instead. All I would need to do is minimize the vanilla. I already have key lime juice in the fridge. I might try whipping that up tomorrow.

Can you imagine anything cuter than the baby sloth hospital? SQUEEEE!

Girl, you are doing so well with making changes that are small but mighty as you guys move toward whatever decision you make. You have taken back your power! Good on you!

Jaz- When is your birthday? Is it today? Did we miss it??

When you made the chicken wings, did you do the baking soda recipe? Did they come out crispy for you?

I like that townhouse you are going to see. I couldn't figure out how one would set up a TV in the family room though. Maybe when you look around you can visualize it.

KMOM- Awww! So cute about SD and her boyfriend! I am glad they found happiness in each other. That ice sounds HORRIBLE though. I would have been freaking out!

Trig- There is some amazing travel to do, just coastline related! The Oregon coast, Maine and up north, along California and Big Sur and so on. All in an RV!

We have some minor snow coming this week as well. I like the fact that you got a swimsuit. Good idea! Gives you something to look forward to.

Blue again- just refreshed and saw your two posts. First, you are totally in the zone right now. So good! Second, I *saw* that 100 year old lady at the game, and then later on I saw Roger Goodell talking to her and I wondered if he was offering her tickets to the SB game. I tell ya, that game was a hair raiser. Just an incredible last few minutes.

And yes, I am one who chafes at too many rules, or restrictions, or perceived pressure or any of the rest of it so having the option to 'never say never' and to exercise it from time to time works, nay is necessary, for me.

Lori, congrats on the extra buck fifty!

•••••••••••••••••••

Hello!

It has been kind of a busy day so far but in a good way. Woke DS16 up at 10, made us both something to eat, then headed off to the Y. Worked out and then went grocery shopping. Came back, unloaded, quickly cooked some shrimp and refrigerated it, and took him to a Dr. appointment. Now we are back, I've got laundry going and I'll start the meatloaf in about half an hour. He has his drum and piano lessons tonight starting at 7. (now I am back from taking him. I sat amongst a large group of people eating Shake Shack, and fries, and milkshakes, and they were discussing all of it, plus other places that have milkshakes, in detail. Agh!!)

He is doing some studying today as he has his Chemistry midterm exam tomorrow.

SO! Two of my kids and I are knocking something off my bucket list over Spring Break. I told them how much I want to volunteer at Give Kids the World Village and they are on board! Sadly, they have different Spring Breaks, but I am going to overlap them the best I can. I'll go to Orlando with DD22 and we will volunteer for two days at GKTW, then DS16 will fly in and the three of us will do an overnight onsite at Universal (that allows us two full days at Universal) and then DD will fly back and DS16 and I will do two days of volunteering at GKTW. I am really excited about sharing this opportunity with them. I wish there was more overlap time but we'll make the best of it and it will be great!

Things are going fine goal wise. Down another couple and some change. Yay me. Even with TOM here.

Very broken up week this week with midterm exams and half days every day etc. Just going to be easy-peasy this week with stuff and let the chips fall where they may.

On the menu for the week:

Meatloaf, roasted potatoes, broccoli (done, with leftovers)
Shrimp (scampi, alfredo)
Chicken wings
Chicken Lazone

You MUST see The Greatest Showman! I have been OBSESSED with the soundtrack. Here is a great video from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PluaPvhkIMU

and also this one because AH made me cry!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLFEvHWD_NE
  #989   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 06:06

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz, took a look at the townhouse. very nice. I love the fact it is an end unit. Great side yard for doggie How far from work would be my only question? if close it would be a contender for sure

KM, wow on those icy roads. AND THAT is why I never will go back to the North to live Just me on this one, I have been on those roads many times when I lived up North and that intensity is just so hair raising for sure. just gives me the shivers thinking of driving on very bad roads again!

Nicco, wow you are hopping and doing some great things. GKTW sounds wonderful! Sounds like you are in a very good place!! A meatloaf got my attention, hmm, thinking of making one tonight now! yum

Blue, I cut costs on alot of things for sure. But a few things I won't, cause when I tried the generic it sucked so I kept to the brand label. Not many things tho, I found cheaper great substitutes for tons of things in this home!
we all must find that cost cutting ways to fit into our lives. Your cream is one step Just look around and you can cut costs in a ton of places.

One thing I always said was that why work harder to make more and more, when you can easily cut costs to live on less and NOT work as hard and kill yourself? All a matter of balance for sure on how ya want to live. I want simple so cutting costs is something I love to do actually, I get the thrill out of it like you just did. Some love to spend it all, I love to keep it all in my wallet and that gives me the thrill HAHA

Lori, a whopping 1.50 raise...well ya know that sounds decent actually! If ya gotta go there might as well make more money home with ya

Hey all
cold and more cold
kiddo says snow is coming tonight...will check forecast. she is hoping for tomorrow off, well, we shall see

making a meatloaf tonight. well, for me that is just a big old burger patty but if I call it a meatloaf I feel like I am eating something different LOL I make 2 small ones...bread crumbs etc for family and one for me with an egg in it basically. I will make mashed and gravy for family and put a tiny tiny bit of gravy over my meatloaf...yum hot, comfort food. sounds fab

So eggs are .38 for a large dozen at my mom's store. Yea nice price and mine at the same store at my house are 1.89 per dozen? Manager said it is different vendors stocking eggs at each store location and I mean, wow what are darn difference!! I bought 4 doz when I visited mom last time. I mean come on ya know, I saved alot of money and am enjoying these eggs just like my other eggs So omelet and meatloaf for me today.

nothing much else doing. this and that.

everyone have a wonderful day!!
  #990   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 07:50

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling "punk" today. A dull headache and just blah. Must be the weather. We are having lite snow and it's just so gloomy. Looks like today will be another day without exercise. I just cannot get in the groove. I can only hope that when nicer weather comes, my normal active self will emerge. Fingers crossed.

Not much happening today. I'll make DH something for dinner and I'll throw something together for myself. Not feeling it. It's just one of those days. Maybe I'll make some shirred eggs here in a little bit. A nice LC, filling breakfast.

Jaz...hope you liked the townhouse...how was it?

Sorry this is such a downer post. Kind of like my mood today. No reason I should be feeling this way....it is what it is.

Hope you all are having a good day.
Closed Thread