Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-12, 12:02
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Blue-Glu Muffins (blueberry muffins)

I'm having fun exploring with my new bag of glucomannan (konjac) powder! That's the stuff Miracle Noodles are made of. I created these muffins today and they were lighter and fluffier than any of my previous blueberry muffin recipes. Not sure if the glucomannan did that or not. But I'm very pleased with the result. I may even increase the gluc next baking and test those waters. Two of these were VERY filling. I dare you to say the name of this muffin 5 times REAL fast.

I’m trying to incorporate more glucomannan powder (also called konjac powder) into my daily food intake for the added fiber. These came out amazingly light and fluffy with a nice “mouth feel”. I find glucomannan tends to do that with recipes. Makes them less crumbly, too! You can use all butter in these if you prefer. These are not suitable for the Induction phase of Atkins. Wait until the grains rung of the OWL ladder. This batter would lend itself to other chopped fruits or berries as well. If you prefer, you can substitute 3/4 more almond flour for the Carbquick, but your texture and carb count will be different making that change.

INGREDIENTS:

1 c. almond flour
3/4 c. Carbquick mix
2 T. coconut flour
2 T. oat fiber
½ tsp. glucomannan powder (optional)
½ c. Splenda, granular (or equivalent sweetener)
1 T. erythritol, granular
2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
¼ c. butter, melted
¼ c. light olive oil
4 large eggs, beaten
¼ c. water
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. blueberries (I used Wyman’s tiny wild berries)

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners (or grease metal muffin pan). Measure the dry ingredients into medium mixing bowl. Stir well. Beat in eggs, vanilla, water and butter/oil. Fold berries in gently, just enough to mix uniformly into batter. Do not overwork batter. Fill 12 muffin cups about 3/4 full and pop into hot oven. Bake for 20 minutes and check. Bake 2-3 more minutes if not done/lightly browned yet. Mine took the full 23 minutes.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 12 muffins, each contains:

175 calories
16.08 g fat
9.31 g carbs, 5.61 g fiber, 3.7 g NET CARBS
5.6 g protein
146 mg sodium
25 mg potassium, 109% RDA phosphorous

Last edited by Buttoni : Tue, Feb-21-12 at 20:05. Reason: to extend name of these muffins
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-12, 12:18

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 165/130/125 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Can I come live with you?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-12, 12:34
Patience Personified

Sure! But you might have to vie for a place in line. It's wrapping around the block. Just kidding, but several have asked the same question. LOL

I froze the leftovers because I have to go out of town for a week. We'll see how glucomannan products freeze and I'll post what they're like after defrosting/reheating when I get back.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-12, 19:44

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 326/235/180 Female 6 ft.
BF:
Progress: 62%

Since there is such a long line, could you just mail me the food, please?????
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-12, 20:04
Patience Personified

You better hope there aren't any hungry postal workers along the way, Laura. I was shipped some free Quest nutrition bars last year that never arrived and I always wondered if that's what happened to THEM!! LOL