Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, May-04-08, 19:50

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

I just found this thread. I was born in West Allis. Lived in Milwaukee until age 5 when my parents divorced. Moved to Peshtigo and graduated from Peshtigo High School. Now I live in Indiana. I too can never find the "bubbler" and I almost sent "pop" out of my nose when I read the line about nursing on cheese curds.
Barb
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 11:15

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 241/159/145 Female 66 inches
BF:?
Progress: 85%

HalfPass - I was only in Rhinelander once as a child because my parent's friends had moved there and we visited them. I don't remember anything about it. What is Rhinelander like? I know I would love a hobby farm - must be great!
  #48   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 12:30

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

Rhinelander is like a mosquito farm, with cheap locally brewed beer

#49   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 18:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromom
I just found this thread. I was born in West Allis. Lived in Milwaukee until age 5 when my parents divorced. Moved to Peshtigo and graduated from Peshtigo High School. Now I live in Indiana. I too can never find the "bubbler" and I almost sent "pop" out of my nose when I read the line about nursing on cheese curds.
Barb

Heya Bulldog! Glad to see you found the thread! I had a delivery to your old Alma Mater last week and thought about you!
  #50   ^
Old Wed, May-07-08, 11:02

Sounds a lot like Chippewa Falls! Mosquitos, humidity, short summers, long winters, snow, cold, ice storms, days of clouds and no sun, constant road construction because of salt damage, high taxes, and low wages - so why do we live here?
  #51   ^
Old Wed, May-07-08, 11:43

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hee hee hee...and people wonder why I moved to Colorado when I turned 19.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-09, 13:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/131/128 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default am in WI too

For what it's worth - I am outhere.
are you still out there?
I am in waupun.
Susan
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-09, 11:17

Hi Susan,

Still here is snowy, freezing Eau Claire. If it weren't for the high school basketball playoff games I've been going to, I would have serious cabin fever right now.

Did you get snow on Thursday or freezing rain? I've never been to Waupun, what's it like there?
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-09, 13:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 262/262/162 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:

i live in sparta wisconsin, dont like the cold so much but if its going to be cold you might as well have the snow too.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-09, 13:38

Stats: 215/215/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking

Waukesha girl here. Just joined yesterday.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-09, 14:49

Stats: 271/269/154 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:43.7/..../24.9
Progress: 2%

Once a cheesehead, always a cheesehead. Born and raised in Jefferson, halfway between Milwaukee and Madison. Left in 1986, been back a lot, since most of my family and DH's family are still there. He grew up in Oshkosh.

I graduated in the Brew Crew's glory year of 1982. We've been back for Summerfest a couple of times, and took DS back to Wisconsin Dells the year before everything flooded and changed. DH's family still have Packer tickets (we'll move back before we'll let them give them up)!

Anyone see concerts at Alpine Valley? The World Series of Rock? People passing at Camp Randall stadium? Hydrants with 7-foot flags so you could find them under snowdrifts? Just don't have anything like that in Arizona.

By the way, do you know how hard it is to find brick cheese anywhere except Wisconsin? DH and I are seriously considering having some shipped here, with a pile of cheese curds. If there's a heaven, they serve brats, MGD and cheese curds.
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 08:22

Stats: 261/259/160 Female 5'7.5"
BF:

I miss Wisconsin! I lived in Kenosha for fourteen years and then Whitewater (for school) for a year. I am thinking about moving back too, but I don't think I'll be able to stand those winters again.
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 13:34

Stats: 271/269/154 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:43.7/..../24.9

Susan (Sunbonnet),
The only time I ever heard someone say they were in Waupun, they weren't there for all the right reasons. My DH lived in Oshkosh, and I lived down 26 in Jefferson, so I'm fairly familiar with Waupun. But still, to hear someone say they're "in Waupun"...
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-09, 09:35
Think, then Eat.

Plan: LC / L-FODMAP / L-IgG
Stats: 276.4/231.7/199 Male 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hello all you 'sconsinites. I haven't been online in a while. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. First 18 years of my life up North near Menomonie. Last 16 down here near the Milwaukee area. Love the state and don't ever plan to leave it.

I have traveled much of it from Green Bay to Hudson down to Madison, Lake Geneva and Racine and many points in between.

We used to have a cabin up in Hayward, but haven't been up there since I was about 6 or 7.
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-09, 04:38

Default Still here in Eau Claire

We're still here in Eau Claire. Had animal damage to our camper last year and the awful camper repair business had it from April until November. It's the only 'authorized' repair place in the area for our camper. We did not get to camp all last year. First trip ever with the pup will be Monday to Willow River State Park at Hudson, then we'll be at Rocky Arbor State Park at Wisconsin Dells at the end of the month. If you have any campgrounds you like, please let me know. Hope all goes well for our first trip - any tips will be greatly appreciated.