Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 20:10

Plan: My Own
Stats: 262/235.4/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Pregnant and Due in Spring of 2007....

just thought i would make a new thread for those of us who are pregnant and due in spring 2007....

my due date is March 9 ... although i bet i have a scheduled C-section a week or so before then.

i hope this thread helps us through this joyous time! feel free to post any questions or concerns here .... as well as all of your triumphs!!

hugs! and nice to meet ya
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-06, 20:59

BF:

had a doc appt today....everything seems to be good! yay! and i find out the sex of the baby at my next visit !! although it is not until oct 24 .... but i am patient!

hope someone joins me here soon hahahaha...
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-06, 00:25

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 164/119/120 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress: 102%
Smile

hey,

i am here-but be careful, i am rather a lurker! my EDD is May 3rd!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-06, 14:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/187/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 48%

hi there - I'll join in! I haven't been around the forums as much these days cause I'm not low carbing but I noticed your due date! Congrats to you!
I'm pregnant with my first and I'm due February 26th
My first sonogram is Monday - hopefully I'll find out what the baby's sex is!
Good luck to you! Let's hope next Spring we all can be low carbing again!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-06, 02:01

Plan: Stillman/Atkins
Stats: 251/251/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi everyone....I'm due sometime in May as well. I will be going to see my OB/GYN in about 3 weeks.......I'm wondering about LCing right now....How much carbs should I consume?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-06, 10:45

BF:

welcome ladies hope all of you are doing fabulous

Safa~ i would stay around 100 carbs .... although i have not been so good this time around ... oops! but the doc commented on my weight for the first time my last visit .... and to my amazement she said it looked good....hmmmm.

congrats to all who have joined !
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-06, 15:00
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I guess I can join in here. My EDD is June 1st so that's technically still spring, right?
Safa, I did LC on my first pregnancy - about 70 to 80 g for the first 2 trimesters then 100 g per day the third. I had to increase in the third b/c I was so hungry all the time!
This time I am not doing so great lol, but might just be because I just found out and kind of used it as an excuse to carb-binge all weekend.
I am thinking of setting a goal of about 70 to 80 g again for the rest of the week and see how that goes. I notice I'm much hungrier this time around and I crave carbs more often.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-06, 17:43

BF:

of course you can join here Atiaran! and congrats on your pregnancy! how many children do you currently have? i am having number 2 and think that this is it for us. i am even considering ligation even though there are a ton of people who disagree with me. 2 is a nice round number and fits this family perfectly !

feeling a bit queasy today though .... yuck !
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-06, 18:23
This is the year

BF:

I'm on #2. Total surprise. My first is almost 3, and I have 2 teenage stepkids. I will also be done and will have a tubal ligation too after it's born.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-06, 02:25

BF:

Well, I'm on # 5.....feel funny typing that after u guys are done on # 2. I haven't been feeling quesy or anything so far....although I did have a horrible time being able to taste anything.....I think about 80 carbs should be good for me. I have to go do groceries, but then I'll get right into this.....
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-06, 08:16
This is the year

BF:

I've had no morning sickness either, but didn't with the first one so I guess I am one of a lucky few. I did notice that I cannot stand the smell of microwave popcorn though. My stepson made some last weekend and I almost threw up.
ANd I'm craving salty stuff so I'm having bacon with my breakfast.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-06, 10:27

BF:

hahaha ... i had little to no morning sickness with both of my pregnancies....although some smells made me sick as a dog. i could not cook meat ...of any kind ... the smell was just sickening.

congrats on #5! i commend you totally for that !! my 1 is overly hard at times

have a great day ladies !
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-06, 11:07

BF:

for me, I had a lack of taste. I had a row of half eaten fruit in the fridge that I just couldn't taste. U name it.....pears, peaches, apples, kiwi, nectarines....it was like eating water. Even drinking pop was making me sick! WHO STOLE MY TASTEBUDS????
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-06, 14:46

Stats: 231/187/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 48%

I'm surprised to hear many of you have stuck to some sort of low carb program that's pretty good!! I got the horror look from my nutritionist when I asked her if I could keep at the low carb (which I had been slacking on a couple of months before I got pregnant). I was only told good carbs stay away from bad carbs - be sensible -sounds good to me. I'm not huge on junk food. Just real food - heh good food LOL
I do have a weakness for pizza though - I have it once a week.

The good news is I am getting a jogger stroller as a gift and plan on getting right back on the wagon (low carb) and back into exercising as soon as the weather is nice enough in the Spring. Since I'm due end of February it should be great timing to get out with the baby by April. At least I know what works so I'm not too terrified about weight gain. I will say this - an extra 20 pounds feels like SO much right now! I still have 21 weeks to go! LOL sheesh!

This is really great to find some like minded preggy low carbers! I have really missed these forums - and I kinda can't wait to get back into a size 10 (at least!) LOL

Oh! I had my first sonogram yesterday and It's a Boy!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-06, 17:31
This is the year

BF:

Congrats Luna! I am torn on whether I want a boy or a girl this time. A girl would be cheaper since we have the clothes, lol. But I have only been thinking of boys names. Weird.
I am really excited about my due date being in June. That's right when we have the sun come out and I am looking forward to walking asap. I don't know how it will be wrangling two of them, but I'll figure it out. I have lots to figure out!